• Is Greenville TV market large enough to boost Paladin Basketball?

#58816  by Affirm
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:28 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:03 pm
I know the Big East might be a stretch, but I was surprised at the smaller student enrollments of many of the Big East basketball schools

Maybe if Big East adds a 12th team from A10 we would look to make jump to A10?
Lots of great basketball programs in that league.

JD has stated the most important thing is to be in a multi-bid NCAA tourney league, gotta follow the money of course.
Yes, it would be great if Furman would move to the Big East or the Atlantic 10 for basketball. Why is it not ridiculous, though, for any school that has not won the SoCon since 43 years ago in men’s basketball to be talking about being in either of those other 2 conferences? Shouldn’t we actually win the SoCon Tournament several times and actually win an NCAA Tournament game or two first?
FU Hoopla, Davemeister liked this
 #58817  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:03 pm
To answer the original question. Yes the Greenville TV market is big enough. 35th, ranked ahead of “larger” cities. The other part I don’t know.

https://newsgeneration.com/broadcast-re ... o-markets/

As has been the case, one step at a time, keep pushing forward!
 #58818  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:30 pm
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
I know the Big East might be a stretch, but I was surprised at the smaller student enrollments of many of the Big East basketball schools

JD has stated the most important thing is to be in a multi-bid NCAA tourney league, gotta follow the money of course.
Yes, it would be great if Furman would move to the Big East or the Atlantic 10 for basketball. Why is it not ridiculous, though, for any school that has not won the SoCon since 43 years ago in men’s basketball to be talking about being in either of those other 2 conferences? Shouldn’t we actually win the SoCon Tournament several times and actually win an NCAA Tournament game or two first?

Yes of course, that's stating the obvious, hence the reason for step one to be: Keep Winning
 #58826  by Affirm
 Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:15 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Yes of course, that's stating the obvious, hence the reason for step one to be: Keep Winning
Yes win. The right games. Beat NCSU and Belmont.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #58840  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:34 pm
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

furpop16 liked this
 #58850  by Affirm
 Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:31 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:34 pm
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Also beat Penn State, South Carolina, Winthrop, ASU, SFA, High Point, win the SoCon Tourney, win 1-2 (+) games in the NCAA Tourney, etc., and continue a tradition of winning like that into 2024, 2025, and beyond. Do it. Don’t just talk about it.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #64600  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:13 am
tim wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:10 am
Tell the donors to pony up since we would be moving from a bus league to a plane league. That's the new paradigm. Revenue + donors
Moving from a one bid league to a multi-bid league, that's the main takeaway, WAY MORE MONEY gained!
Also better opponents, better crowds, better program name branding and national visibility ect. ect. ect.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.