• Jace Redshirting

#58380  by AllTimeFU
 Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:30 pm
Telling you now, CJ was up for 6A Mr Football in TN. Furman is in great hands with CJ running at QB. No worry. Good luck to JW.
 #58382  by soconjohn
 Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:43 pm
Yadkin's statement on it is about as clear-cut as I understand it...Well said!...My own opinion on it though is that sometimes parents put a lot of pressure on a young man to make snap decisions...All of these things are weighed by coaches...It's not all the young man being selfish or whatever sometimes...Now, it's my opinion and my guess, although I have nothing to back that up...Jace is a tremendous young man, and I have enjoyed being able to watch him play...He's also a long long way away from home...Hope he stays, but I understand if he chooses otherwise...I do think Tyler's maturity and decision-making have exceeded all of our expectations...He's a tremendous QB and great young man as well...I am glad to see Tyler having a chance to do what the Lord has blessed him to be able to do...He didn't really get a fair chance at PC...Furman is blessed with some really good people and that's why it's tough to hear when any of them transfer if they do...I haven't met Carson yet, but I've seen him throw...He throws a nice ball with some zip maybe even more than Jace or Tyler....All that to say I think probably best not to say anyone quit on anyone...I think that narrative takes this in completely the wrong direction...I don't think the coaches recruit those types of kids...So, I'd have a problem with labeling someone like that...I am not sure it's really even a selfish decision to redshirt himself because Jace has to be happy...If he's not happy, that's not quitting nor is it really selfish...I will say that had to be incredibly tough decision for a sophomore to make and it took some courage to have that conversation.
 #58384  by FUBeAR
 Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:54 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:24 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:49 pm
Pretty sure we're over the line at this point on what's allowed as it relates to discussing an individual player.
Not a player. We are talking about a former player engaging in behavior that should not be normalized.
Normal behavior in College Football today…see, it even happens with the 27 times consecutive FCS National Champion Bizuns…

WR & Team Captain