affirm wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:07 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:38 am
tim wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:36 am
gman84 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:01 pm
So when we play press coverage and get no safety help, as some have articulated, and get torched people get upset. When we play a soft zone, prevent defense, as some have articulated in previous seasons, and give up chunk plays people are upset. Which is it ? So many brilliant football minds here. I think the coaches should visit this forum for weekly advice. 😉 One of the defensive starters was in my office today. I congratulated him for the win and his individual award. He was grinning from ear to ear and stoked that they control their own destiny. Bottom line, he is a 20 year old really enjoying the season to this point. Sure hope he doesn’t read what some “ supporters” have to say. :D
So your point is that we will either give up chunk plays or get torched.....choose your poison. Got it. With a 24 point lead in the 4th quarter, I choose chunk plays.

At some point, you have to give credit to WCU's staff. They seemed to know what we were going to be doing defensively and found ways to exploit it.

On a positive note, we don't play any other team the rest of the way that can throw the ball like they can or will move as fast as they do.
Look at the WCU coach’s impressive background.
Rates very highly among the top players in the first 100 years of Florida Gators football.
Has impressive previous coaching experience.
His son Kade Bell is the OC.
I expect he and his staff are on the way UP at WCU.

On the other hand, Furman ran through their defense like crap through a goose.

I don't care how good your offense is. You aren't gonna win a lot of football games surrendering 400 yards on the ground.

Of course, by next year they'll have a whole new crop of defensive players out of the transfer portal trying to plug those gaps.