• DOWN THE STRETCH

#58204  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:05 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:03 pm
That crap-tastic team in Purple just had a player named…
FedEx Ground FCS National Offensive Player of the Week
Maybe we could move him to defense? Just sayin’!
 #58211  by FU3
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:47 pm
affirm wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:20 pm
FU3 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:16 am
affirm wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:56 am
I will be amazed if we beat Mercer or Chattanooga.
I will not be surprised if we lose to VMI or Wofford.
If we lose, or win, all of our next 4 games, the sun will rise on November 20, and a whole lot of people will NOT know what Furman did in the final 5 regular season games.
Whatever happens, I will be interested.
Even so, it’s only football.
Just curious, on what factors are you basing your predictions ?Can’t imagine given your (often) stated views about the irrelevance of Furman football you are burning up an ESPN+ subscription viewing their equally irrelevant competition.
Sorry you are offended or puzzled. My predictions are based on in-person observation at 2 FU 2022 home games , plus casual* observation of scores, opponents, reports, and events related to all Furman opponents this season.
*”Casual*” = “more casual” than maybe 90% of other regular UFFP football posters, but “less casual” than at least 90% of all living FU alumni.
Was neither offended or puzzled. I believe the word was curious.That curiosity lies in your observations that you would be “ amazed “ at us defeating UTC or Mercer and “ not surprised” at us losing to VMI and Wofford. Glad you could clear up your analysis. Did you spend an equal amount of thought and time on your Patriot League manifesto?
 #58229  by Sad Din
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:18 pm
The only "stretch" that matters is a stretch across the goal line to get a TD at VMI.

Remember that L at VMI ?
 #58238  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:06 pm
Sad Din wrote:
The only "stretch" that matters is a stretch across the goal line to get a TD at VMI.

Remember that L at VMI ?
Absolutely, I’m certainly not overlooking VMI if you read my OP I’m predicting another nail-biter. This team has taken Yogi Berra’s old saying “It ain’t over til it’s over” to the max. I just hope. we can eek out a one point win to set up a big game the followng Saturday at homecoming.
 #58240  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:31 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:06 pm
Sad Din wrote:

Remember that L at VMI ?
Absolutely, I’m certainly not overlooking VMI if you read my OP I’m predicting another nail-biter. This team has taken Yogi Berra’s old saying “It ain’t over til it’s over” to the max. I just hope. we can eek out a one point win to set up a big game the followng Saturday at homecoming.
Exciting sucks. I still don’t understand how people want a lot of exciting games …. That’s why we lost to Samford. Close w CSU. Close w ETSU. Loss to Samford.

Ask Alabama. !! Close with Texas. Close with Tex AM…. Leads to loss at Tennessee. Teams that play too many exciting games eventually Lose

I bet Bama players aren’t real keen on exciting games right now. Hey Bama player “would you rather that all time classic vs UT where you lost .. or you had a boring 30 point win?” Answer- a “THIRTY POINT WIN.” To pull for exciting games is to pull against your team. If we have tons of exciting games (say 5) we will inevitably lose some and that keep our kids from making the playoffs …

I could never pull against our players like that. I want to see them in postseason which is their goal

GoFurman
 #58241  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:35 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:07 am
How do we close out the season?

9-2? Step outside and look for Signs in the sky.

8-3? Possible, but not likely.

7-4? The most likely outcome.

6-5? Possible, but not likely.

5-6? Let's not even think about it.
This

Pretty likely 7-4 or hopefully 8-3

*** that D2 scheduling is hurting our cushion for a loss. Just get SOME FCS even if Davidson or anyone. I know. I know. It can be hard but we get it most years so can’t be that hard
 #58244  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:45 pm
Purple rain wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:12 pm
I wonder if BAMA is cleaning house after they gave up 52 to rocky top?
Probably not but it was the most points given up by Alabama since 1907 against Sewannee. Wouldn’t want to be an Alabama player at practice this week.