• Injuries

#57735  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:32 am
Dom Morris' name didn't show up in the participation roll, so I do not believe he played.
 #57738  by AstroDin
 Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:03 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:32 am
Dom Morris' name didn't show up in the participation roll, so I do not believe he played.
Pre-game coaches' comments indicated Morris still had some swelling in his knee. I assumed that was the game they could hold him out till this week.

Concerning Dom Morris…
apaladin liked this
 #57745  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:39 am
He will be far more needed against Western than he would have been against the Citadel.
 #57783  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:00 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:25 am
Coleman and Johnson seemed to get nicked up by some cut blocks - Coleman came back in and played. Not sure about Johnson, but my guess is he's ok.

Miller did come off the field gimpy — I'm hoping with Furman going four corners and putting the game in the fridge with the running game, there was no need to rick Miller having an injury. * A scout was watching Miller at the East/West Shrine bowl game yesterday.

Listening to the coach's comments and the way Huff played yesterday - they didn't want him to risk injury running.

As usual, playing The Citadel in Hagood - was probably the most physical game of the year. Let's hope we came out of the game with just minor bumps and brusies.
Thank you Astro !!! Much appreciated. !!
 #57784  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:02 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:39 am
He will be far more needed against Western than he would have been against the Citadel.
Regarding Morris - knew he had been out and was "iffy" - thanks for the update from Jackal and Astro !!!

Without a doubt we could use him this week.
 #57826  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:42 pm
On the weekly press conference, Hendrix indicated we came out of the Citadel game healthy.

No indication that any of those dinged up guys wouldn't be a full go this week.
AstroDin, dornb liked this
 #57852  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:13 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:42 pm
On the weekly press conference, Hendrix indicated we came out of the Citadel game healthy.

No indication that any of those dinged up guys wouldn't be a full go this week.
Thanks. Like it !!!! Coleman. Johnson. Ryan Miller etc. Great
 #57854  by apaladin
 Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:12 am
GF- CCH said Miller practiced today and should be full speed Saturday so don’t look for him to be dressed out Saturday! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #57939  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:13 pm
AP. Good to hear! I want everyone out there and healthy and Miller is a killa

Really. The other team clearly has to account for him which opens up so much else. !! I don’t think we got him much at Citadel with 4 catches for 17 yds but one went for 15 meaning the other 3 went for 2 yds? But we tried (and he was OPEN!!!) and missed resulting in INTs. I think those were both the INTs - attempts that were not good throws to Miller. He was wide open late first half and the throw was late and behind where it should have been. The DB was able to close the 4 yards …. INT
 #57941  by FUBeAR
 Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:29 pm
The Cantamount back 7-8 had a hard time accounting for themselves last week @ Mercer, much less accounting for a specific Retriever.

They didn’t know whether to scratch their watches or wind their hindquarters. Mercer may have had a harder time completing passes if they were running skelly on air.

Make ‘em put 7 or 8 in the box and it’s game over.