• Tyler Huff

#57198  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:35 pm
Did anyone see him at the game today? I never could find him. If anyone saw him was his arm still in a sling?
 #57213  by furpal81
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:38 am
He was on the sidelines wearing a gray jersey. Didn’t look like his arm was in a sling
apaladin liked this
 #57215  by tim
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:46 am
He was there, looked like he had something on his arm (not much). Both arms appeared to bend when he walked.
apaladin liked this
 #57280  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:38 pm
He had what appeared to be a black soft brace that went 6-8” above and below his elbow.
 #57284  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:22 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:38 pm
He had what appeared to be a black soft brace that went 6-8” above and below his elbow.
Sounds like that week to week might turn into month to month. 😒
 #57314  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:30 am
We can win with Jace… it looked to me that Tyler had on a compression-style sleeve, it could have been a type of cast?

FYI… Achina tore his pec during the early part of the Clemson game. Happened making a tackle on Shipley, I was told. He's had surgery and is out for the year.
 #57315  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:35 am
One more thought about our QB situation…

It's worth getting to the game early and watching the warm-ups.
Carson Jones has a heck of an arm. Besides his size listed at 6-2 - but appears taller, he's got a gun and is very accurate. I expect we will see him get his snaps this season in four games.

Starting next spring, I'm betting on an intense battle for the starting QB role.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #57320  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:14 am
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:35 am
One more thought about our QB situation…

It's worth getting to the game early and watching the warm-ups.
Carson Jones has a heck of an arm. Besides his size listed at 6-2 - but appears taller, he's got a gun and is very accurate. I expect we will see him get his snaps this season in four games.

Starting next spring, I'm betting on an intense battle for the starting QB role.
I completely agree.

And the "brace" huff had did look like a softer support brace. I heard a possible return the week of the 10/15 game.
AstroDin, apaladin liked this
 #57325  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:57 am
AstroDin wrote:
We can win with Jace… it looked to me that Tyler had on a compression-style sleeve, it could have been a type of cast?

FYI… Achina tore his pec during the early part of the Clemson game. Happened making a tackle on Shipley, I was told. He's had surgery and is out for the year.
Seems like we have had very few injuries in recent years but now when it seem like we were on the verge of having a good team the injury bug has been been biting a lot more and targeting key players.
AstroDin liked this
 #57430  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:16 pm
AstroDin wrote:

Astro, Thank you (!) for the information on Achina. though I hate that for him.
Achina must be a Stud as he was the starter as a Freshman !!! Good for the future

Thank you !!

**check your DM and kick me a quick reply
 #57502  by AstroDin
 Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:42 am
I mentioned this on the Injury Thread.

Huff is listed on the two-deep for the Citadel game.
apaladin liked this
 #57536  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:19 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:42 am
I mentioned this on the Injury Thread.

Huff is listed on the two-deep for the Citadel game.
Saw that as an "-or".. My bet is we don't see him this week. Dislocated elbow? I think next week is best scenario - justmy humble opine. Win it for us JW !!!!!!!!!!

Honestly be pleasantly surprised if we really available next week. the big hope is we whoop and don't need him this week or next week !
 #57566  by apaladin
 Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:20 pm
Channel 4 reported Huff was practicing this week, no decision on the starter has been made. Consider the source. Agree with GF. Would be surprised to see Huff Saturday.
 #57572  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:51 am
I hear he’s ready. I wonder how much we’ll see him.