• Deleted threads

#57257  by Bootie
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:29 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:08 pm
FU3 wrote:
You could just stop posting and go away. Mission accomplished!
It will be easier once I get my account deleted ;)

Seriously where is the delete account feature?
I looked, hoping I would find the info you need, but alas, I was dismayed I was unable to find anything helpful.
 #57275  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:35 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FU3 wrote:

I would be happy to help you. Here is an idea. Go away.
soconjohn and 1 others liked this
 #57276  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:04 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:47 am
DR don’t go. Enjoy your posts as well as all the others. We need tonadd posters not lose them.

You'll find more posters showing up if the small portion that lose their collective minds every time things aren't going well would opt to post less or think before they rage type.

There are a bunch of folks (many of whom were former contributors here) that don't engage on this forum because of the avalanche of negativity.
Jackal. You have a point. However there is some Hyperbole there.

This is NOT an avalanche of negativity here. Maybe a super slow drip at most. Lol. You and I both know - as Astrodin said - this board is class / gentleman vs many others. I would say vs 95% of others.

Go read Auburn or Gamecock boards. That’s an avalanche. We all know it’s different.

Fwiw I’m glad SOME of those people are gone from early days. Many were truly negative bad people. I would far rather an objective Football post - that’s fair - than a Bad person. It showed. Too much testosterone in many 1999-2010 posters. And I’ve seen em all.

I’ll give an example. Benwah. His very name meant vaginal balls. Now that wouldn’t encourage me as a recruits mom to send my kid here! But somehow that’s ok but saying our OL isn’t run blocking up to par offends. ? PLEASE.

The OL Is a ‘unit’ comment ALLOWED BY STUMPY per board decorum. He said you can comment on units (OL recvrs etc) and coaches since they are paid. Can’t just rail on a singular player over and over. That’s what he said.

Anyhow let’s beat Citadel.
 #57287  by wcugrad95
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:47 pm
As mostly an outsider (I started as a football player at FU and then quit playing and went back in-state to attend WCU), please take this with that in mind.

Following WCU, Furman, and FSU and FAU (I have kids who went to both), the message board universe is filled with guys who get over-excited when things look good and then get over-frustrated as soon as things go the other way. Western has had a lot of struggles for a long time, and now that we appear to be getting at least decent/competitive we have guys who think our coaches are garbage or are not happy after we just beat a SoCon opponent by 21 points. I have seen the same thing with FAU who had a couple of 11-win seasons and then struggled since Lane Kiffen left. And I see the same thing with FSU after they lost this weekend to a ranked and explosive Wake Forest team who just lost to Clemson in OT.

Samford is a very good and ranked FCS team. Furman and WCU just lost to Dogs, and the Paladins were playing with a couple of key missing pieces. The SoCon is a very underrated league, and FU has the talent to win most if not all of the games left on their schedule.

Losing to Samford is not the end of the world, and both our teams need support and discussion. Apologies for the lengthy post, but your fan base is too good to let this loss start making you look to basketball season.
Paladin82, apaladin, Bootie and 5 others liked this
 #57296  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:08 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:47 pm
As mostly an outsider (I started as a football player at FU and then quit playing and went back in-state to attend WCU), please take this with that in mind.

Following WCU, Furman, and FSU and FAU (I have kids who went to both), the message board universe is filled with guys who get over-excited when things look good and then get over-frustrated as soon as things go the other way. Western has had a lot of struggles for a long time, and now that we appear to be getting at least decent/competitive we have guys who think our coaches are garbage or are not happy after we just beat a SoCon opponent by 21 points. I have seen the same thing with FAU who had a couple of 11-win seasons and then struggled since Lane Kiffen left. And I see the same thing with FSU after they lost this weekend to a ranked and explosive Wake Forest team who just lost to Clemson in OT.

Samford is a very good and ranked FCS team. Furman and WCU just lost to Dogs, and the Paladins were playing with a couple of key missing pieces. The SoCon is a very underrated league, and FU has the talent to win most if not all of the games left on their schedule.

Losing to Samford is not the end of the world, and both our teams need support and discussion. Apologies for the lengthy post, but your fan base is too good to let this loss start making you look to basketball season.
Exactly. Forgot you played at FU. It’s tough but 8-3 is possible and would probably merit playoffs. Beat Citadel !
 #57300  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:30 am
GF-If we lose one more we would end up 7-3 not 8-3. We have one game that doesn’t count on the playiff resume.
 #57301  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:14 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:35 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FU3 wrote:

I would be happy to help you. Here is an idea. Go away.

That however does not help me to delete my account, which is what I would like to have done ;)
 #57329  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:19 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:30 am
GF-If we lose one more we would end up 7-3 not 8-3. We have one game that doesn’t count on the playiff resume.

The "7 win" threshold is unofficial.

It is not uncommon for a team to make the playoffs with 6 D1 wins. Northern Iowa did that last season, in fact.

Admittedly, we don't want to be having that conversation. 8-3 should be the target at minimum.
 #57333  by wcugrad95
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:35 am
I hate to bring this up, but in both 2014 and 2015 WCU missed the playoffs with 7 wins but only 6 against FCS opponents. In what might really freak FU guys out we also missed the playoffs in 2017 with a 7-5 record (played 2 FBS opponents) and only 6 FCS wins. That season we lost an OT game on a highly controversial call where the refs ruled the Wofford DB made an interception in the endzone to end the game. Wofford I think was top-10 at the time (maybe top-5). Our loss to Mercer in the last game of the season is what most say kept us out, but that call really stung the Cats for awhile and a win in that game would have probably gotten us into the playoffs if all things stayed the same.

Morale of the story is I would say given the disrespect the SoCon has gotten the last several years teams need to be tied for the SoCon crown and/or they need at least 7 FCS wins. Just my $0.02. All of those 6-win bids go to the MVFC or Big Sky or CAA nowadays.
 #57342  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:11 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:35 am
I hate to bring this up, but in both 2014 and 2015 WCU missed the playoffs with 7 wins but only 6 against FCS opponents. In what might really freak FU guys out we also missed the playoffs in 2017 with a 7-5 record (played 2 FBS opponents) and only 6 FCS wins. That season we lost an OT game on a highly controversial call where the refs ruled the Wofford DB made an interception in the endzone to end the game. Wofford I think was top-10 at the time (maybe top-5). Our loss to Mercer in the last game of the season is what most say kept us out, but that call really stung the Cats for awhile and a win in that game would have probably gotten us into the playoffs if all things stayed the same.

Morale of the story is I would say given the disrespect the SoCon has gotten the last several years teams need to be tied for the SoCon crown and/or they need at least 7 FCS wins. Just my $0.02. All of those 6-win bids go to the MVFC or Big Sky or CAA nowadays.

All true.

Furman's still going to get cracks at more top 15 teams this season.