• No Excuses

#57245  by AstroDin
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:24 pm
When I screw things up—which I do personally and occasionally professionally ;-) —I hope my wife and my admin team believe in me and that I will do my best to learn from it.

Watching these pressers after a loss… jolts me back to reality.

I like Tyler Huff a lot as our QB and Jace Wilson a lot as our QB. I feel for Jace; he played a helluva game yesterday.
As did Luke Clark and Micah Robinson.
 #57246  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:31 pm
Absolutely no excuse to give up 4 TD’s to anyone in under 8 mins of possession time. Get better mentally and physically.
Davemeister liked this
 #57248  by Bootie
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:18 pm
I skimmed through it and heard his explanations about the call, but surprised that coach didn’t offer what the refs told him on the field, and then no one asked him that.
 #57256  by tim
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:26 pm
Bottom line is the refs didn't get it right. They missed another fumble on another replay. I can't imagine not calling those fumbles if they saw what was clearly visible on the stadium replay. I cringe every time I see that one little guy who has a penchant for not cutting his stadium mike. I know I have been seeing him for 8-10 years. If any socon people are there, they should be humiliated. I'd like to know what they said also. "well I dunno, I thought he fumbled maybe he didn't maybe he did, lets check with Hatcher?"
 #57258  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:41 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:31 pm
Absolutely no excuse to give up 4 TD’s to anyone in under 8 mins of possession time. Get better mentally and physically.
THIS. a mentally tough team doesn’t let ONE call turn into 4 TD drives or whatever. . As they say in many sports “don’t let one one bad play become two bad plays !”. We let one bad call ruin an entire game. That’s just sad

DBs are know for having short memories. Forget the great catch by WR and beat him in next one. Great DBs excel at this. I think our DBs are pretty good at this

Look I AM objective. POSITIVES !!
** Could be much worse. We could be Woff! They seem to have systemic issues in coaching etc. Man. Rough. They have shut down their board or made it private or something. Heck ETSU is in a bad place as SoCon champ BUT NOW 0-3. You can look at coaching there ?

Speaking of ETSU. That’s another HUGE POSITIVE for us. Roper etc. I like the switch - you know what I am saying

IMPROVEMENT NEEDED
We do seem to be capped at a place of ‘make the TWENTY FOUR TEAM! playoff once every 5 years? When you invite 24 teams we should be there more imho
apaladin liked this