• Deleted threads

#57225  by The Cats
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:38 am
What happened to all those "dump the bush league SoCon" threads??
 #57226  by Bootie
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:50 am
I wondered too. Looks like DR has been busy removing posts. The system message says last edited by DungeonRealm…
Not sure why.
 #57227  by FU3
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:58 am
Your site but this would get you thrown off most other places.
 #57231  by Bootie
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:14 am
FU3 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:58 am
Your site but this would get you thrown off most other places.
Not my site. Stumpy’s site. :)

What’s up DR??
 #57232  by AstroDin
I'll jump in here - IMO it was getting out of hand. I brought the thread to the attention of the admin.
Not sure if that is the reason or DR did the delete himself.

The sun came up today, and I'm still a Furman fan and will be even if we lose against the Citadel.

I know many other fan sites make us all look like gentlemen.

I'll get this off my chest—I've been on this board since the beginning, and sadly very few of us UFFP pioneers post frequently today. Most of them don't feel like the banter is worth it anymore.

Maybe we were just spoiled by the old days—we were winning, the UFFP had a positive vibe, and we all got along. Then things became tougher. More disappointments and the finger-pointing started. One side is deemed the purple-glasses crowd. The other side is; let's call it as we see it.

My only concern is we keep a board for those of us that win or lose and want to talk about Furman sports with other Furman fans.

I forgot one thing… we're a small fan base, and this is it for a Furman message board. As a Furman fan, the last thing I want is to somehow make it worse for the program. We all have a right to be happy and be disappointed. We don't need to call out each other and players and coaches. That has always been a no-no.

You might not give a damn, but the players and their families read the board; in past years, we had several parents as posters. This board is also visited by recruits and their families. Just consider that before you start saying the football program should be defunded.
Bootie, hypercycloid, gman84 and 3 others liked this
 #57237  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:42 am
AstroDin wrote:
I'll jump in here - IMO it was getting out of hand. I brought the thread to the attention of the admin.
Not sure if that is the reason or DR did the delete himself.

The sun came up today, and I'm still a Furman fan and will be even if we lose against the Citadel.

I know many other fan sites make us all look like gentlemen.

I'll get this off my chest—I've been on this board since the beginning, and sadly very few of us UFFP pioneers post frequently today. Most of them don't feel like the banter is worth it anymore.

Maybe we were just spoiled by the old days—we were winning, the UFFP had a positive vibe, and we all got along. Then things became tougher. More disappointments and the finger-pointing started. One side is deemed the purple-glasses crowd. The other side is; let's call it as we see it.

My only concern is we keep a board for those of us that win or lose and want to talk about Furman sports with other Furman fans.

I forgot one thing… we're a small fan base, and this is it for a Furman message board. As a Furman fan, the last thing I want is to somehow make it worse for the program. We all have a right to be happy and be disappointed. We don't need to call out each other and players and coaches. That has always been a no-no.

You might not give a damn, but the players and their families read the board; in past years, we had several parents as posters. This board is also visited by recruits and their families. Just consider that before you start saying the football program should be defunded.

Removing myself from the football board

Carry on
 #57238  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:47 am
DR don’t go. Enjoy your posts as well as all the others. We need tonadd posters not lose them.
 #57242  by FU3
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:36 am
DR leaving? What a loss, will be sorely missed.. what’s for lunch?
 #57244  by Davemeister
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:45 am
When the Basketball team loses, will DR remove himself from the Basketball Forum?
 #57249  by FU3
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:20 pm
Ummm … when you say you are leaving something don’t you actually leave ? Does this mean you are going to hang around like a bad rash “like” trolling? If so what a brilliant own of the folks who disagree with you. You remain a master tactician.
 #57250  by Furmanoid
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:27 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:45 am
When the Basketball team loses, will DR remove himself from the Basketball Forum?
Didn’t he do that one time? He always comes back though. Good thing. Never speaks with forked tongue.
 #57251  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:47 am
DR don’t go. Enjoy your posts as well as all the others. We need tonadd posters not lose them.

You'll find more posters showing up if the small portion that lose their collective minds every time things aren't going well would opt to post less or think before they rage type.

There are a bunch of folks (many of whom were former contributors here) that don't engage on this forum because of the avalanche of negativity.
hypercycloid and 1 others liked this
 #57252  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:56 pm
How do you delete your account permanently?

There is no option for this given in the menu
 #57253  by FU3
 Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:08 pm
You could just stop posting and go away. Mission accomplished!
 #57254  by DungeonRealm
FU3 wrote:
You could just stop posting and go away. Mission accomplished!
It will be easier once I get my account deleted ;)

Seriously where is the delete account feature?
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.