#57138  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:42 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:28 pm
HOLD ON TO THE BALL. Cant fumble twice v Samford.

People keep talking how we take the ball but we give it up a lot too. Just a ton of TOs on both sides in our games. FOUR times last week we gave. Twice so far this week i n3q
lets make that THREE TURNOVERS. it is that simple. FOUR last week. THREE this week. JW w two fumbles - that one is on the OL.

blitz... and we get burned bad. Credit to Samford, they read the blitz and whoopin us - who wanted to see the battle between this O and our D? Not me .. NO, that is NOT directed at anyone in particular. IT. IS. NOT. Please don't think it is.

I just get upset when people say arent we excited to see their O vs what D Vaughn can dial up???

NO. we aren't . WHy? that means their O is on the field :D :D :D WE want our O on the field all day. And they have surely won the battle of their O vs Vaughn and our D.. no real debate there

Man, lets score and get back in this thing
 #57139  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:43 pm
Stumpy wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:37 pm
furpal81 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:29 pm
If you can’t overcome one terrible call then you don’t deserve to be on the field! Terrible play since the overturned call! That’s as much on the coaches as it is the players
Agreed. Play angry, dammit.
THIS that is bold. SO. MUCH THIS

hell, even Stumpy took time to say how he feels. Don't make the Stumpy angry ! :D :D :D

you wouldn't like Stumpy when he is angry. 8-) ;)
 #57146  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:51 pm
And because you all have super long memories, Furman came back from 14 points in the fourth quarter in the spring '21 season to beat Samford.

But freak out or whatever.
hypercycloid liked this
 #57148  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:54 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:51 pm
And because you all have super long memories, Furman came back from 14 points in the fourth quarter in the spring '21 season to beat Samford.

But freak out or whatever.
you cant defend our D at this point on the long runs at this point however. But yes, I recall that. We could win...

interesting to punt there. Not a huge one but I coulda seen either going or punting. The key to going is you say I trust my O and keep the ball. At some pt we have to
 #57150  by furmandad
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:00 pm
Won’t win throwing 3 yard turn around routes with no chance for the receiver to advance the ball.
 #57154  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:59 pm
I guess the coaches have given up. Just trying to make it somewhat close. What other team punts in that situation?????!
With our O needing points we need to start going on all 4 downs esp if 4th and short now
 #57156  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:15 pm
Hope we can keep them from scoring here. At least CCH can feel good about coming within 2 touchdowns.