#57055  by Roundball
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:08 am
Bootie wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:48 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:02 am
Anybody notice the mistake?
Didn’t know the game had been moved to Samford due to the high winds and heavy rain. Better hurry up and make the drive down to Birmingham.
Last edited by Roundball on Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #57056  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:18 am
Offensive stat comparisons for this matchup

Samford: 1 rushing TD, 12 passing TDs
Furman: 7 rushing TDs, 6 passing TDs

Furman has 5 players who've rushed for at least 50 yards this season.
Samford has 2 players.

With all the talk coming from the outside about Samford's offensive prowess. These procrastinators seem to be forgetting about Furman's weapons. Ryan Miller, Joshua Harris, Wayne Anderson, and Kyndel Dean are at the least comparable, if not more than Samford's receiving weapons. That leaves us to compare the rushing attacks. Samford doesn't have comparable running backs to Furman's running backs. Stanton is lighter than Furman's smallest back Kendall Thomas and Jaylan Thomas is even smaller at 5-9 176. Furman can emulate quick backs in practice. Can Samford do the same to prep for four quarters of a rotation of 210-plus pound running backs?

Saying all that—my focus could be off. Thinking positive—I'm expecting Furman's offensive line to be back at full manpower for this matchup. This will be another test - who's o-line is doing the better job in the 4th quarter?

Last season, Jay Stanton had 6 rushes for 19 yards against Furman.

Dominic Roberto and Devin Abrams combined to rush 40 times for 328 yards.

Hatcher has been on these coaches shows gushing over his defense and their "edge." I expect we'll see what they're made of.
 #57066  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:28 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:18 am
Offensive stat comparisons for this matchup

Samford: 1 rushing TD, 12 passing TDs
Furman: 7 rushing TDs, 6 passing TDs

Furman has 5 players who've rushed for at least 50 yards this season.
Samford has 2 players.

With all the talk coming from the outside about Samford's offensive prowess. These procrastinators seem to be forgetting about Furman's weapons. Ryan Miller, Joshua Harris, Wayne Anderson, and Kyndel Dean are at the least comparable, if not more than Samford's receiving weapons. That leaves us to compare the rushing attacks. Samford doesn't have comparable running backs to Furman's running backs. Stanton is lighter than Furman's smallest back Kendall Thomas and Jaylan Thomas is even smaller at 5-9 176. Furman can emulate quick backs in practice. Can Samford do the same to prep for four quarters of a rotation of 210-plus pound running backs?

Saying all that—my focus could be off. Thinking positive—I'm expecting Furman's offensive line to be back at full manpower for this matchup. This will be another test - who's o-line is doing the better job in the 4th quarter?

Last season, Jay Stanton had 6 rushes for 19 yards against Furman.

Dominic Roberto and Devin Abrams combined to rush 40 times for 328 yards.

Hatcher has been on these coaches shows gushing over his defense and their "edge." I expect we'll see what they're made of.
If I were Samford I would stack the box or run blitz or whatever forcing JW to complete passes. At least we need a good pass and catch while running has less failure points.

If Sammy wins I’ll be quick to give them credit for renewed D (of score indicates that). Be interested in their D and run game (o diversity not just pass). The score vs WCU did impress me in ability to keep a high flying WCU o out of EZ

#57068  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 am
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

#57069  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 am
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

#57075  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:11 pm
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #57079  by Sad Din
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:01 pm
This review is nuts!

that official should be suspended. after the 1st call no reason to have listened to the other coach
FUBeAR liked this
 #57084  by BearDownMU
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:07 pm
That's the 2rd worst call I've ever seen in my 47 years of living. If forward progress is stopped on any tackle at contact, more than half the fumbles in the history of football aren't actually fumbles. Someone help me out if I'm not understanding this. Makes absolutely no sense.
 #57090  by Sad Din
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:14 pm
cant beleive this.. game completely changed due to ineptitude of refs!

has there ever been in the history of reviews, a play reviewed twice becuase a coach wanted it? ugghhhhhh
 #57093  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:16 pm
who likes FUC*ING EXCITING????????? It was nice and boring. One wrong call and it's excitig. Also, our D hasn't responsded. Bad call ? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. But then nut up or shut up. Deal with it. Don't let them go for TWO TDs instantly.

FYI _ I am beginning to hate Mihalic on the tv as he is saying "isn't this great and exciting!" SHUT UP. WE WANT the 10-0 with the ball. not exciting.