• Transfers

#56895  by purplehorse
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:44 pm
How many transfers do we have who are making a significant contribution this year?

I have heard them mention our kicker from NC State, a WR from James Madison, someone from Michigan State? Seems to me that might be more transfers than we have ever had? Has the transfer portal helped us?
 #56898  by DiamonDin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:28 pm
And Xavier Stephens is getting lots of reps on the DLine.
AstroDin liked this
 #56899  by purplehorse
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:04 pm
DiamonDin wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:28 pm
And Xavier Stephens is getting lots of reps on the DLine.
Where did he transfer from?
 #56900  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:21 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:44 pm
How many transfers do we have who are making a significant contribution this year?

I have heard them mention our kicker from NC State, a WR from James Madison, someone from Michigan State? Seems to me that might be more transfers than we have ever had? Has the transfer portal helped us?
MSU guy is the TE opposite Ryan Miller. More of a blocking TE as I can tell than Miller who is more of a recvng TE.
 #56901  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:21 pm
dornb wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:52 pm
Don't forget Tyler Huff!
THIS, Huff is from PC.
 #56903  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:37 am
6 Transfers:
Huff-PC
Dean-JMU
Adebayo-Northern Colorado
Stephens-Lehigh
Vollmer-Virginia/ODU
Gissinger-Michigan St,
AstroDin liked this
 #56904  by purplehorse
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:24 am
Times have changed for sure. In the old days transfers were rare. I guess the most famous transfer we ever got was Ingle Martin. I will never forget my excitement singing “Ingle Bells” in December 2003. And he delivered. Maybe Chris Forcier from UCLA was our next most famous transfer around 2010 -2012 or so. He was amazing once he “learned the playbook”.
MNORM, apaladin liked this
 #56905  by AstroDin
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:50 am
I hear great things about Vollmer - as a person and a player.
He should be back for next season, helping anchor the line.

The star of the show is the Master in Strategic Design two-year program.
This program gives Furman a tasty carrot to dangle out there for players with two years of eligibility left.
FUBeAR, gman84, dornb liked this
 #56909  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:47 am
Re Gissinger as a blocker.

We have thrown to him a few more times recently, which has been good to show teams we will do that.

I loved this block from him on Wilson's run. He basically just boxes out CSU's linebacker for 20 yards.

#66068  by FUBeAR
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:23 am
AstroDin wrote:

This program gives Furman a tasty carrot to dangle out there for players with two years of eligibility left.
FUBeAR was at a business meeting this AM and someone asked him about Furman’s Graduate Programs.

Because FUBeAR is a bear of little brain, he could not remember the exact name of the Strategic Design program. FUBeAR is fast with his thumbs though…and looked it up to respond accurately to the person querying.

AND…Lo…and behold, looks like we’ve added another Masters Program that has not been discussed here (FUBeAR searched for it) and perhaps should be - at least for our awareness. Inquiring Graduate Student Athletes may want to know!

Seems like it could be another good program for attracting Graduate Transfer Athletes - y’know, just as an organic consequence of an otherwise fantastic program that, regardless of any potential benefit for Furman Athletics, is a wonderful and essential addition to FU Academics (maybe that’ll keep affirm off FUBeAR’s back).

Check out Furman’s M.A. IN ADVOCACY AND EQUITY STUDIES

https://www.furman.edu/news/2022/09/29/ ... m-solvers/

https://www.furman.edu/academics/majors ... s-masters/

* If already discussed, FUBeAR apologizes for being like Jackal and regurgitating previously posted material…and Stumpy needs to upgrade his Site Search Utility :twisted:
 #66074  by Affirm
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:58 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

FUBeAR was at a business meeting this AM and someone asked him about Furman’s Graduate Programs.

Because FUBeAR is a bear of little brain, he could not remember the exact name of the Strategic Design program. FUBeAR is fast with his thumbs though…and looked it up to respond accurately to the person querying.

AND…Lo…and behold, looks like we’ve added another Masters Program that has not been discussed here (FUBeAR searched for it) and perhaps should be - at least for our awareness. Inquiring Graduate Student Athletes may want to know!

Seems like it could be another good program for attracting Graduate Transfer Athletes - y’know, just as an organic consequence of an otherwise fantastic program that, regardless of any potential benefit for Furman Athletics, is a wonderful and essential addition to FU Academics (maybe that’ll keep affirm off FUBeAR’s back).

* If already discussed, FUBeAR apologizes for being like Jackal and regurgitating previously posted material…and Stumpy needs to upgrade his Site Search Utility :twisted:
Very interesting and great to know! Affirm hopes the program succeeds. Thank you FUBeAR. (Sorry if FUBeAR truly feels that affirm is on FUBeAR’s back; but affirm imagines that specific sentence by FUBeAR was probably for humor. Also, by the way, affirm very much enjoys a majority of what FUBeAR writes, creates, and posts.)
 #66081  by Affirm
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:39 pm
Maybe we can establish other new masters degrees.
One possibility would be to create a M.S. or M.A. degree in "Foresight". University of Houston has such a program.
Or maybe: Masters in Non-Profit Management and Philanthropy
Or maybe: Masters in Strategic Planning.
Or maybe: Masters in Job Placement and Career Development
Needs to be something that would fit in well with a small liberal arts college.
AstroDin liked this
 #66082  by Furmanoid
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:01 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

This is a VERY good sign. Looks like we will no longer let athletics play second fiddle to academic integrity.
FUBeAR, FU Hoopla liked this
 #66084  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:41 pm
This is a VERY good sign. Looks like we will no longer let athletics play second fiddle to academic integrity.
[/quote]

FINALLY!! Long overdue! :D
FUBeAR, FU Hoopla, FU69 and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.