• Injuris

#56843  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:37 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:08 pm
We’re beat all to hell. Don’t know what we will line up with Saturday. But we will line up.
Chicken wire, duct tape, chewing gum, and spit have miraculous restorative powers. We’ll get ‘em suited up & out there ready to play.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #56844  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:36 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:37 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:08 pm
We’re beat all to hell. Don’t know what we will line up with Saturday. But we will line up.
Chicken wire, duct tape, chewing gum, and spit have miraculous restorative powers. We’ll get ‘em suited up & out there ready to play.
Anyone missing I didn’t list?

Huff at QB. Obviously. Assume out a while ??? Anyone know if it’s a dislocation. Those suck!

Jumper was out CSU. Someone said maybe concussion protocol ?

Blackshear as top Cb but He was listed as on depth chart - whatever that means and I wonder if being held ours for SoCon??? Plus 4 Morris has been playing some aggressive ball in the place of Blackshear.

Achina who’s been out a week or two as starting LB and I assume isn’t back. No status ???

So the keys are obviously Huff (!) and Jumper. Obviously those are huge positions. QB and center. But also I do feel we are deeper on D in general than on offense so that’s part of my desire that at least Jumper be available . Look at how our D shut down ETSU and CSU in general. I don’t think our OL is as deep and we are now a bad thing from being on QB. 3.

That happened a few years ago for those of us who recall. We had to play QB 4. I think??? Maybe under Fowler. It stunk for everyone to see that happen.
————

Jumper at Center hopefully back. . So maybe we have him. Really hope so. !!

TE Miller left last game but came back soon in CSU game . He’s fine.

42 Jeremiah Jackson went into the tent but then was jogging on sideline. Not sure if he reentered game ?? Anyone know ?
 #56847  by AstroDin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:50 am
I've already posted this once—
Per Hunter Reid during the pre-game show.

Jumper out with a mild concussion. Hughes at Center, Lamb at Guard.
Bryce McCormick is out and has been ill all week (no Practice). Scianna starting
Blackshear and Achina out no details.
 #56861  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:44 am
Looked at the replay last night of Huff’s injury. His arm was bent like it wasn’t suppose to bend. Will be surprised if its not dislocated. For those at the game was Huff on the sidelines in the second half? Jackson was just chasing the play, not involved, when a CSU player sorta kinda grabbed him and threw him to the ground. Didn’t look bad, but don’t know. I am sure we will get a full injury update on the presser today like always, lol. Hopefully someone will ask about Huff at least.
 #56863  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:45 am
apaladin wrote:
Looked at the replay last night of Huff’s injury. His arm was bent like it wasn’t suppose to bend. Will be surprised if its not dislocated. For those at the game was Huff on the sidelines in the second half? Jackson was just chasing the play, not involved, when a CSU player sorta kinda grabbed him and threw him to the ground. Didn’t look bad, but don’t know. I am sure we will get a full injury update on the presser today like always, lol. Hopefully someone will ask about Huff at least.
Scott Keller already reported that Huff's injury is an elbow dislocation in his non-throwing arm.
LB1987 liked this
 #56868  by MidlandsPaladin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:03 pm
apaladin wrote:
Huff did return to the sidelines in the second half in street clothes and with his arm in a sling.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #56873  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:51 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Huff did return to the sidelines in the second half in street clothes and with his arm in a sling.
Funny after the first 2 games I was thnking how long it would be before he got hurt knowing FU’s luck. It didn’t take long. Doubt we will see him before November if then and by then Jace will either be hard to replace or the last couple of games won’t matter. Hopefully the former. Hate it for Huff who hasn’t had much luck in his career, Carson Jones now needs to be ready.
FU69 liked this
 #56876  by MidlandsPaladin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:51 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Funny after the first 2 games I was thnking how long it would be before he got hurt knowing FU’s luck. It didn’t take long. Doubt we will see him before November if then and by then Jace will either be hard to replace or the last couple of games won’t matter. Hopefully the former. Hate it for Huff who hasn’t had much luck in his career, Carson Jones now needs to be ready.
Someone asked in another thread about Huff's eligibility. His bio says he had two years going into this season. It is going to be interesting to see what we do going forward, especially if he is going to be out a while. Is he eligible for a redshirt? And even so would he be able to redshirt if he is in a two year graduate program?
 #56879  by AstroDin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:25 pm
Watching the coach's show right now - Clay opened with some good news on Huff's injury.
Jace will start this weekend, and Tyler will be out a while, but then he said we will take it day by day.
 #56881  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:35 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:25 pm
Watching the coach's show right now - Clay opened with some good news on Huff's injury.
Jace will start this weekend, and Tyler will be out a while, but then he said we will take it day by day.
Questioners must be told before not to ask about injuries. Have a bunch we’d like to know about only thing was mentioned by CCH is we hope to get some back this week. He did say TH would be out a short while, week to week. We will see.
 #56882  by Davemeister
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 pm
I think Jace gave us a spark when he entered the game. He made some mistakes, but he was involved in all three of our TDs and led us to victory from a two-score deficit.

Here's hoping Tyler makes a speedy recovery. We need all hands on deck!
 #56886  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:55 pm
Davemeister wrote:
I think Jace gave us a spark when he entered the game. He made some mistakes, but he was involved in all three of our TDs and led us to victory from a two-score deficit.

Jace really made only one big mistake and that was the interception with 4 mins left. CCH said it should have been a touchdown. Looking at the replay he is correct. If JW had put a little air under it it was likely 6. RM was wide open.
 #56889  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:55 pm
Davemeister wrote:

Jace really made only one big mistake and that was the interception with 4 mins left. CCH said it should have been a touchdown. Looking at the replay he is correct. If JW had put a little air under it it was likely 6. RM was wide open.

There's no question. Furman went for the haymaker on that throw that Miller easily would have scored on. He just under threw it and let the linebacker get underneath it.

The one positive of Huff's injury is Wilson knows this week he's the guy. So, he'll rep with the first team and be ready to go.

Not sure who QB2 is in a game like this.
 #56891  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:20 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:50 am
I've already posted this once—
Per Hunter Reid during the pre-game show.

Jumper out with a mild concussion. Hughes at Center, Lamb at Guard.
Bryce McCormick is out and has been ill all week (no Practice). Scianna starting
Blackshear and Achina out no details.
apologize if you had to repeat - That's on me.

I missed all the pre-game and post-game stuff as my son is at CofC so we were eating good and enjoying the game so I noticed Huff leave obviously, and Blackshear as I came in looking for him (Blackshear from prior week injuri at ETSU) but not the more nuanced McCormick as I didn't hear pre-game. Had some good eats in Charleston. Go to Page's Okra grill if you haven't been . Slap your mama good southern food and seafood.

A sincere Thanks!! for the update !!!
 #57013  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:05 pm
Anyone else notice we are now down SEVEN players.. not 5. ??? WTH SEVEN

Jumper, Huff on O - hopefully Jumper is ok

McCormick, Blackshear CB and Achina - three on D ; hopefully McCormick a/ or Blackshear are ok

But now 2 more listed as out !!! Dae'one Wilkins 5 at Safety is out (hurts our DB packages).. and Jeremiah Jackson (who was doing some good things out there I thought) 42 as ouir STARTING DE .. cmon, anyone might say i am usually obsessed with injuris but SEVEN is an outlier. 7 including the QB / maybe center.. and a defender possibly at every level -

DE Jackson

2 LBs Achina and McCormick

2 DBs in Blackshear and Wilkins.

Of the 7 I think SIX WERE STARTERS. Huff, Jumper on O were. DE Jackson definitely was. Achina and McCormick were. Blackshear was. Only D Wilkins was in a backup role. We have injuris to 6 starters by game 5. sheesh.

Hopefully we see Jumper (our D does seem to be performing well !).. I assume DE Jackson isn't in for this game as he was hurt at CSU and isn't listed. I have hope on Jumper, and Blackshear and B McCormick as three that could return.

The lone positive here is that most injuris are on D (5, vs 2 on O) and we are deeper on D. But man, this is getting to be a lot. Hope we see a few back this week