• Injuris

#56165  by gofurman
 Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:54 pm
*** I thought we were injuris free but when reading a post (Jackal?) and then the game notes noticed that indeed

Achina is out w injuris. It also made me realize Achina was starting as a redshirt Fr. spur. Wow. Jalen Miller is starting now at spur. I hope Achina gets healthy quickly

And before anyone thinks loose lips sink ships… it’s in our game notes.

--------------------------------------------

***QB Huff - looked to be ok as he returned for last play at ETSU but now I wonder if he was gimpy coming into CSU. - anyway definitely hurt now. Worry it might linger now that it’s been hurt twice. Hope he’s ok!!!

***. C. Jumper. Did he play and leave vs CSU or just not play ? Knowledge here?
-----------------------------
*** #1 Blackshear? saw him leave the ETSU game and I don't think he returned? Did not play v CSU. Best CB we have. Number 4 played great in his place

#42 Jeremiah Jackson l. DE. left CSU. game. Think he reentered CSU ???

-------------------------------------

#7 Sochovka though it appeared to be cramping maybe? Left ETSU. Seems fine

#2 WR Harris - left ETSU. Looks fine now. ??

Please reply or send me a private message if you know about any of these - Thanks !! Me and my injuris lol - In a more important way, I just hope these guys are ok.

Please reply !!!!!
Last edited by gofurman on Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #56777  by Paladin62
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:02 am
gofurman wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:10 pm
Knowledge? Thanks in advance
I’m pretty sure Huff dislocated his elbow.
 #56778  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:06 am
What would the recovery time be for a dislocated elbow on the non-throwing arm? Based on pain tolerance?
 #56788  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:15 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:06 am
What would the recovery time be for a dislocated elbow on the non-throwing arm? Based on pain tolerance?
I’ve had 3 dislocations. Man they can be two months minimum (6 months for rehab after surgery finally resolved it) though mine were all the same shoulder so very bad. Same thing torn over and over. . Could totally different for him as young guy and it’s an elbow.

Surely we assessed after ETSU and would not have played a dislocation so this means this is a new thing. But players when the dislocation is set fast can be. Back in 2 weeks maybe? Problem I see is how can he be his effective dual threat even with a healed dislocation. It would make most hesitant to run or get hit which is such a great weapon for Huff. Basically I have no idea. Only commented Bc I’ve had three. Even if we get him back in 2/3 weeks it’s the edge running and “when play breaks down” where he excels - and kills defenses - that I worry about

Hoping it’s ok and not dislocated. Love the toughness - love it…. Just tough to balance with occasional “I’ve got the yardage let’s not get crushed …. But injuris happen.

Hope he’s ok!
Affirm liked this
 #56796  by tim
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:06 am
When Huff changed positions at PC, where did they put him, anybody know? Could possibly use him somewhere else until he heals?
 #56802  by AstroDin
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:17 am
I doubt we would risk playing Huff at another position, and I'm not sure where he would go based on our depth. However, this week's hit of injured starters shows how depth can be affected.

I'm going to assume Huff could be out for at least two weeks, maybe more. We will be in good hands with Jace Wilson. Also, Justin Roper's coaching style has a benefit here. Back in the preseason, he played Carson Jones with the first team to see how he would perform.

I'm sure the coaches want to redshirt Jones, but he can play four games. Depending on Huff's recovery, that could determine if/when we see Jones in the game. Right now, Carson could play against Samford, Citadel, Western, and VMI and still redshirt.

The challenge here is that it leaves the final three-game stretch of Chatty, Mercer, and Wofford.

Things to think about. Huff has only played in four games. What does that mean for him if he's out for the rest of the season? I know he is in Furman's two-year grad program.
 #56803  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:21 am
Could also be that guys that may have been borderline calls were held out of a non-conference game.

While beating CSU is important, that game isn't as important as the conference slate. Maybe some players were held out Saturday as a precaution so they'd be good to go for the conference run.
AstroDin, gman84, dornb liked this
 #56805  by AstroDin
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:53 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:21 am
Could also be that guys that may have been borderline calls were held out of a non-conference game.

While beating CSU is important, that game isn't as important as the conference slate. Maybe some players were held out Saturday as a precaution so they'd be good to go for the conference run.
This makes sense…
 #56809  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:27 am
FUBeAR Jr. disclocated his elbow in 2014 against Furman. See it (#67) bending the wrong way below. (Please ignore that FUBeAR Jr. was in the process of putting FU’s All-American DE on his back during the play in which he sustained his injury. FUBeAR appreciates/appreciated it, but understands other Furman Football Fans may not).

He missed 2 games. No surgery, but 3 weeks total (9/6 to 9/27) out and played the rest of the season with a large brace.

As FUBeAR understands, that’s about best case for a dislocated elbow. So, if dislocated, he will probably miss Samford and the bellhops. Because it’s his non-throwing arm, he could be back for WCU.

FUBeAR hates that Huff was injured, but has, and always had, 100% confidence that Jace Wilson can QB this Offense to lofty heights and do at least their 1/3rd share of the total required to win football games.
Davemeister, FurmanATT liked this
 #56810  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:09 pm
Hoping for best

Did Jumper play at all?
 #56835  by FurmanATT
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:43 pm
tim wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:06 am
When Huff changed positions at PC, where did they put him, anybody know? Could possibly use him somewhere else until he heals?
Huff didn't change positions. Kevin Kelley just didn't use him at QB. Most of his throws were after he lined up at slot or wing. He was a trick-play guy. I don't think it's relevant to his situation now. -- MD
 #56837  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:47 pm
bigpurple75 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:55 pm
I think he had a concussion - out for one game.
Thanks for info. Concussions can be tricky as they reoccur sometimes and we have lost players to them in that case - and you should retire if you have several, don’t let it hurt your life. I truly Hope Huff, Jumper, and everyone is ok!!
 #56841  by cavedweller2
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:08 pm
We’re beat all to hell. Don’t know what we will line up with Saturday. But we will line up.