• Today’s Attendance

#5639  by PaladinFan89
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:17 pm
What in the world.....? Was that an all time low? Around 4,000 I think was the announcement. Very disappointing but great win. Go Paladins finish this thing out!
 #5641  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:22 pm
Wonderful win.

Wonderful

But I was in a trip and saw on tv. No one posting internet. Few in stands on a beautiful day??? ..
 #5642  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:52 pm
PaladinFan89 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:17 pm
What in the world.....? Was that an all time low? Around 4,000 I think was the announcement. Very disappointing but great win. Go Paladins finish this thing out!
No. You could have counted the attendance at the SCSU game a few years ago in the hurricane by hand.

It could just be the locals. When Furman's on the road, they have a traveling fan base is perhaps the biggest in the conference.
 #5646  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:43 pm
Right but that was in a hurricane. That was understood. This was Senior day and these guys may just have a shot at a postseason

Don’t get it
 #5650  by AlValonge
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:23 pm
I was VERY disappointed with the total fans in the stands. This was senior day and it was our last home game. FU pulled out a gritty win and they deserved a better turnout. Heck, the attendance was so bad that the facilities guys shut down one of the "urinal troughs" in the restroom to save water...…..
 #5651  by Paul C
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:58 pm
Yeah worst crowd we’ve had on such a gorgeous day. Walked into stadium 5 min before kickoff and the concourse was almost empty. Sad.
 #5654  by Flagman
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:16 pm
It is what it is. Each of us has to do our part. I was there.
Paladawg liked this
 #5659  by Paladawg
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:27 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:16 pm
It is what it is. Each of us has to do our part. I was there.
I concur. It has to start with people that care deeply about the program being involved. I think there are two things that folks on this forum should think about: 1). In the mid-80s, some of the "leaders" in athletic giving got together with the athletic department leadership and organized a campaign where they got out and sold season tickets to people they knew--alumni, people they did business with, their neighbors. They were committed to the process of building the base. 2). One of the problems with Furman games these days is a lack of coordination/leadership in getting the crowd engaged. It is dead in there because it appears to me that everyone is waiting for someone else to quit sitting on their hands and generate some enthusiasm. Part of it is lack of direction from within the athletic department to get people engaged, the other part is you and me, all of us. I noticed that there are about 50-60 students that are now there, standing and making noise throughout the game. I could see from my seat, that the Sigma Chi tent on the mall had more than 50-60 people in it well into the first quarter. I choose to focus on those 50-60 that are in the stadium and making noise. How do you build on that? How do you incentivize their behavior? I remember some guys who used to sit either at the top of section eight or the bottom of section three that did the "move that chain" bit back in the day. Whether you hated it and thought it was a Georgia Southern knock-off, the point is that they were doing something to get engaged. There's going to be a lot of off-season work by Clay, his staff and his team. They'll be better next year. Question is, what are we committed to doing to generate some energy of our own and see if it grows? What is the athletic department committed to doing that changes the dynamic at the stadium? Will we sell tickets to alumni, business associates, neighbors? To idly use this forum to continue b******* about the empty seats and lack of enthusiasm might make you feel better, but it isn't helpful. The team will get better. Attendance increases will respond at some level, not like 18 years ago. There is an opportunity to build a fan base, but the work will be incremental: ones and twos and threes.

I'm not an alumni but I have deep ties to Furman and choose to be there on Saturday instead of my alma mater It is a better experience for me. You build with what you have instead of what no longer exists. If we are committed, we'll push for more planning and engagement from the marketing part of the athletic department and we'll do our part to start bringing people in with us...and we'll get off our fannies and let other people know it's okay to be enthusiastic. Maybe we need to have a UFFP section for the like minded to sit (or stand) and cheer. It's all about commitment and the right approaches. OK, I'm done.
FU3, AHB1188, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #5662  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:12 pm
I yelled so loud at the game the University took my picture and stuck it up in the student center.

This surprised me the first time I saw it, by the way.
QCGlue liked this
 #5672  by hawg
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 pm
Attendance about 18,000. Alas, that was the total for the year.
 #5673  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:12 pm
I see no reason we shouldn’t give away 1000-2000 tickets every home game for seats in the visitor stands. Hand them out to Greenville county schools, Boy and Girl Scouts, Church youth groups, etc. Those tickets aren’t being sold. At least if we give them away to local groups so we can sell them concessions and it can help grow the local fan base.
Paladawg, Jasper, MNORM and 2 others liked this
 #5674  by Yadkin
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:22 pm
We already give away, free of charge in the Upstate, a televised broadcast of our home games , and for $4.99/month (not paybale to Furman), a live stream that can watched basically anywhere in the country. How's that for incentive to go buy a ticket or go to the game?
 #5676  by tim
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:28 pm
Wonder what they're doing at WCU? Good attendance, bad football record.
 #5677  by fufanatic
 Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:24 am
tim wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:28 pm
Wonder what they're doing at WCU? Good attendance, bad football record.
Have you been to Cullowhee? Not much going on there. Makes sense why people go to the football games.
QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.