• New Ask The AD

#56474  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:14 pm
Walmart in T.R. has some Furman gear at very reasonable prices. Inventory is limited, but you don’t need a second mortgage to buy a shirt.
FU69, Chuckles liked this
 #56476  by FU69
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:42 pm
Flagman wrote:
Walmart in T.R. has some Furman gear at very reasonable prices. Inventory is limited, but you don’t need a second mortgage to buy a shirt.
Also Walgreens in TR has limited FU merch, but I’ve not noticed a single one purchased.
 #56477  by Bootie
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:47 pm
DanScott wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:36 pm
There have been highlights available since Sunday. Football Facebook and Twitter pages.
I enjoy those highlights, but would prefer a coach's show format like mentioned previously.
din23 and 1 others liked this
 #56479  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:13 pm
FU69 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:42 pm
Flagman wrote:
Also Walgreens in TR has limited FU merch, but I’ve not noticed a single one purchased.
Good points both.

But what about Wal-Mart Greenville. Or generally around the state? I see Citadel stuff in Greenville. I don’t see Furman stuff in Charleston. Maybe that’s not the best example but you get my point. Why don’t we offer reasonable merch statewide. People always ask me how to get an FU -literally ‘F U’ hat. Happens all the time when I wear mine. I tell them I think it’s only at the school or maybe that hat shop downtown that sells the older vintage hats
FU69 liked this
 #56480  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:17 pm
1 - We just came off a game with ETSU where it appears the coaching carousel is plaguing at quality team. What are we doing to lock in our coaches that have demonstrated historic success (DC) and those off to a good start (OC and OL)?
2 - I asked about the end-zone facility project on the prior Q&A and it was top of mind, even pointing things out that morning. Are we further along with a design?
3 - There has been widespread success this Fall with the athletics programs. What would you attribute that to?
4 - The North Greenville game seemed to run smooth operationally (outside of the mics), what areas were you happy with and what opportunities for improvement to implement for Samford?
5 - Is there a school / program that you would like to model after? What are their qualities?
6 - Did you receive any inquiries after Clay Travis and Outkick did the story on the FU ALL THE TIME? https://www.outkick.com/furman-paladins ... me-saying/
7 - Who were you surprised to get a text message from after the Clemson game?
8 - Who is a personal mentor you have that you call on from time to time?
9 - The social media side of things appears to be really strong. Are you tracking its impact so far vs prior years in views, etc...?
10 - What title sponsors in addition to Pepsi, Papa John's and Ingles do we need to be supporting better by patronizing their businesses to help you increase their participation level and make it easier to add new title sponsors?
FUBeAR, furpop16, AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #56485  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:37 pm
Are we going to honor Frank Selvy in a special way at some point during this years hoops season?
 #56487  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:39 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Are we going to honor Frank Selvy in a special way at some point during this years hoops season?
If only there were a 29 post thread about that somewhere where we could just look it up? If only…

Nah…JK…think you are asking about some type of season-long tribute, like with a patch or a number or something on the uniforms…which would be cool. How ‘bout a familiar emoji?…

FUBeAR will bump that thread for you though…in case you missed it.
FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #56489  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:11 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:39 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
If only there were a 29 post thread about that somewhere where we could just look it up? If only…

Nah…JK…think you are asking about some type of season-long tribute, like with a patch or a number or something on the uniforms…which would be cool. How ‘bout a familiar emoji?…

FUBeAR will bump that thread for you though…in case you missed it.

FU69 liked this
 #56531  by AllTimeFU
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:13 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:17 pm
1 - We just came off a game with ETSU where it appears the coaching carousel is plaguing at quality team. What are we doing to lock in our coaches that have demonstrated historic success (DC) and those off to a good start (OC and OL)?
2 - I asked about the end-zone facility project on the prior Q&A and it was top of mind, even pointing things out that morning. Are we further along with a design?
3 - There has been widespread success this Fall with the athletics programs. What would you attribute that to?
4 - The North Greenville game seemed to run smooth operationally (outside of the mics), what areas were you happy with and what opportunities for improvement to implement for Samford?
5 - Is there a school / program that you would like to model after? What are their qualities?
6 - Did you receive any inquiries after Clay Travis and Outkick did the story on the FU ALL THE TIME? https://www.outkick.com/furman-paladins ... me-saying/
7 - Who were you surprised to get a text message from after the Clemson game?
8 - Who is a personal mentor you have that you call on from time to time?
9 - The social media side of things appears to be really strong. Are you tracking its impact so far vs prior years in views, etc...?
10 - What title sponsors in addition to Pepsi, Papa John's and Ingles do we need to be supporting better by patronizing their businesses to help you increase their participation level and make it easier to add new title sponsors?
Great work, Dan. I'll circle back for the next show on a couple above.
 #56547  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:24 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:39 pm
Could someone summarize the video? I have a Test tomorrow sadly :evil: :(
1. Will be aggressive on bid if fb makes playoffs to host game.
2. Football scheduling in process, hinted about playing 2 fbs teams in 12 game regular seasons which are ‘24 abd ‘25. Would be up to CCH. No future games mentioned except UT IN ‘26.
3. As expected nothing new on Timmons reno.
4. Pushing the fan experience for Charleston Classic. Will be all inclusive, stay where team stays, transportation provided to and from games.
5. SFA game at the well not part of basketball season tickets.
6. Will work on getting Furman gear available in more locations.
 #56548  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:29 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:53 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:27 am
Timmons update plz
I can answer that. Everything is going well, trying to get money, still need that big gift., university and ED are behind it :lol: :lol: :lol: Yada, yada, yada.
JD pretty much what I said and then said “IF there is EVER any updates we will get them out there”. In other words Timmons reno not happening.
Last edited by apaladin on Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #56549  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:14 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:29 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:53 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:27 am
Timmons update plz
I can answer that. Everything is going well, trying to get money, still need that big gift., university and ED are behind it :lol: :lol: :lol: Yada, yada, yada.
JD pretty much what I said and then said “IF there is EVER any updates we will get them out there”. In other words Timmons reno not happening.
A man can only wish, can't he? In all seriousness, I wonder how much longer the timetable can be extended. Timmons is long long long overdue for a renovation.

Don't sweat it, its going to happen. Money will flow in from new outlets once we go to NCAA's this year.
apaladin, Roundball liked this
 #56583  by gofurman
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:09 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:24 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:39 pm
Could someone summarize the video? I have a Test tomorrow sadly :evil: :(
1. Will be aggressive on bid if fb makes playoffs to host game.
2. Football scheduling in process, hinted about playing 2 fbs teams in 12 game regular seasons which are ‘24 abd ‘25. Would be up to CCH. No future games mentioned except UT IN ‘26.
3. As expected nothing new on Timmons reno.
4. Pushing the fan experience for Charleston Classic. Will be all inclusive, stay where team stays, transportation provided to and from games.
5. SFA game at the well not part of basketball season tickets.
6. Will work on getting Furman gear available in more locations.
Thank you for the update !