#56448  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:06 pm
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #56451  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:41 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:06 pm
Playing at high noon in what has got to be the worst stadium in division I

Win and get Top 25 ranked

Losing is not an option
Yep going from playing in a top 5 stadium and 2 weeks later playing in the worst. Yes it is not just opinion, it was named the worst D1 stadium in the country a couple of years ago. The majority of SC high school stadiums are better. We are not playing the stadium, we are playing the Buccaneers so have to be ready regardless!!
 #56473  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:11 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:03 pm
Tickets only $10 but $3 convenience fee for electronic delivery. It looks like limited seating on visitors side so I’m arriving with tix in hand (on phone).

https://www.ticketreturn.com/TRMobile/ ... se-section
Bring seat cushions. They have metal bleachers. Every middle school in S.C. has a nicer stadium.
 #56481  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:19 pm
I’ll be there. W one more. Charleston great city and eats! Even if CSU stadium.

Who’s coming?
Flagman. Check. 😄
Midlands. Check
GoFurman. Check.

Hope we have 200+.

How many FU fans total at ETSU ? Approximately…. Curious this number
AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #56495  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:21 am
Just quickly glancing over the numbers . . .

Furman is averaging over 30 ppg having already likely played two of the best defenses we'll see all season (Clemson and ETSU). Both on the road. So, that's good.

Charleston Southern was picked 3rd in the Big South, but I'm not sure the Big South is quite as strong as it has been. NC A&T was their pick for champion, and is 0-3. Their #2 team, Campbell, beat the Citadel, but I'm honestly not super high on the Citadel having watched them play a few times.

CSU is surrendering a pretty eye popping 49 ppg. They are 0-3. Admittedly, they haven't had a simple schedule, playing the high flying WCU Catamounts, NC State, and a top 20 FCS team in Eastern Kentucky. WCU jumped out big on them (31-7) and let them back into the game before putting it away late.

As structured, the Bucs average only abut 63 yards a game on the ground. Their leading rusher is about 33 yards a game. So, to this point, they haven't been much of a threat to run and I doubt that's going to get much easier against our defense.

They will throw it. The QB's completion percentage is up arough 58% and averaging 234 yards per contest.

Defensively, they don't appear to be stopping much of anything. All of their defensive numbers are pretty garish. Teams are running on them and throwing on them.

Bottom line - this is a game Furman cannot lose. It's a 3rd straight road game, and there is always risk there, but we need to take care of business in this one.
 #56498  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:25 am
Nice preview…but…

“having already likely played two of the best defenses we'll see all season (Clemson and ETSU)”

…you don’t believe that. Don’t lie to the peoples…

TOTAL DEFENSE
FCS Rank Team G Rush Pass Plays Yards Avg/P TD Avg/G
10. Chattanooga 3 234 566 179 800 4.5 4 266.7
21. Mercer* 3 494 432 203 926 4.6 7 308.7
24. VMI* 3 405 550 217 955 4.4 10 318.3
32. ETSU§ 3 447 544 213 991 4.7 6 330.3

* Includes FBS P5 game
§ Includes Sub D1 game
 #56528  by FurmanATT
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:05 pm
The only time I ever covered a game at CSU, I think it was still Baptist College, PC was playing there and the press box was a scaffold with a canopy on top. -- MD
FU69 liked this
 #56530  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:57 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:21 am
Just quickly glancing over the numbers . . .

Furman is averaging over 30 ppg having already likely played two of the best defenses we'll see all season (Clemson and ETSU). Both on the road. So, that's good.

Charleston Southern was picked 3rd in the Big South, but I'm not sure the Big South is quite as strong as it has been. NC A&T was their pick for champion, and is 0-3. Their #2 team, Campbell, beat the Citadel, but I'm honestly not super high on the Citadel having watched them play a few times.

CSU is surrendering a pretty eye popping 49 ppg. They are 0-3. Admittedly, they haven't had a simple schedule, playing the high flying WCU Catamounts, NC State, and a top 20 FCS team in Eastern Kentucky. WCU jumped out big on them (31-7) and let them back into the game before putting it away late.

As structured, the Bucs average only abut 63 yards a game on the ground. Their leading rusher is about 33 yards a game. So, to this point, they haven't been much of a threat to run and I doubt that's going to get much easier against our defense.

They will throw it. The QB's completion percentage is up arough 58% and averaging 234 yards per contest.

Defensively, they don't appear to be stopping much of anything. All of their defensive numbers are pretty garish. Teams are running on them and throwing on them.

Bottom line - this is a game Furman cannot lose. It's a 3rd straight road game, and there is always risk there, but we need to take care of business in this one.
Good points jackal. Are you aware of any studs they have? I can go look up all conference players - I like to watch matchups.

I’ll say this. We are in for a long haul with damn number 11 at ETSU. I saw how freakishly good he was at MLB ( I think middle). Jackals note made me look and dude was ALL over the place and had TWENTY FIVE TACKLES V mars Jill. I don’t care if cumquat state you don’t get 25 tackles. Ever

So point being I figured might see him again once. Has to be a junior right? Nope FRESHMAN. man. 3 more years of that dude

Mild flashbacks of Dexter Coakley. Lol. Not that good just gave me PTSD
 #56541  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:09 pm
FurmanATT wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:05 pm
The only time I ever covered a game at CSU, I think it was still Baptist College, PC was playing there and the press box was a scaffold with a canopy on top. -- MD
I think they have upgraded to a plywood roof now. :lol: :lol:
FU69 liked this
 #56559  by wcugrad95
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:05 am
FWIW I think Furman will barely break a sweat in this game. WCU could have made our game look more like what we saw against Presbyterian, but we turned it over a couple of times and we simply blew some assignments in the defensive backfield to give up some big plays we really shouldn’t have.

I expect CSU to lose BIG to you guys and then lose to Campbell and will be 0-5 to start the season. Your defense looks good and CSU’s does not, so this could get ugly.
apaladin, dornb, FU69 liked this