• Greenville Winter Invitational Dec. 17th

#56434  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:38 am
furpep wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:17 am
Forget the grousing. Looks like 3 good games for basketball fans. Reminds me of the old Poinsettia Classic which I wish we could revive downtown.
Yep would love to have the old PC back but unfortunately we could only get D2 to play in it since no D1 will play us there or even take a chance that they might have to play us.
FU69 liked this
 #56546  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:14 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:09 pm
Furman will have the middle game, great, gets the most eyes on our team
I would like to think so but prolly not. First game fans will empty before FU starts, late game fans will do just that and arrive late, the majority after FU finishes.
 #56551  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:19 am
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
I would like to think so but prolly not. First game fans will empty before FU starts, late game fans will do just that and arrive late, the majority after FU finishes.

It will be a fact that the largest portion of crowd will be there for our game in the middle, I guarantee it

If we went first or last then it would only be FU fans
So middle is easily best spot
 #56552  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:37 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

It will be a fact that the largest portion of crowd will be there for our game in the middle, I guarantee it

I totally agree its the best spot. Just don’t see CU fans hanging around watching Furman. Don’t see SC fans getting there early to watch Furman either. Both don’t care. I could see some fans from both there watching all 3 games but very limited.
 #56553  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:37 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

I totally agree its the best spot. Just don’t see CU fans hanging around watching Furman. Don’t see SC fans getting there early to watch Furman either. Both don’t care. I could see some fans from both there watching all 3 games but very limited.

Even a few from both is worthwhile, especially if they live in Greenville
 #56554  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:30 am
OMG!
It's like the Poinsettia Classic plus 1!!!!!
It makes Fred moist ......
furpop16 liked this
 #56872  by Roundball
 Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:46 pm
https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2022/9/ ... wcase.aspx

“The Greenville Winter Invitational will be a one-session ticketed event. Several ticket options will be available, including all-inclusive courtside and floor seating with access to The Well's backstage club and all-inclusive Arena bowl seating with access to the Harley Davidson Motor Lounge and Wicked Weed Green Room. Tickets for the tournament can be purchased at www.bonsecoursarena.com beginning October 7th.”

December 17th Game Schedule:
2:00PM University of South Carolina vs. East Carolina University
4:30PM Furman University vs. Stephen F. Austin State University
7:00PM Clemson University vs. University of Richmond