#56044  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:50 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:32 pm
DJ is a five star QB and starter for one of the nations top programs. The idea that he’s untalented is a wild take.

Clemsons highly touted back up came in and Furman pummeled him into the ground. Basically removed any QB controversy at Clemson.
…..and I’m sure that disappointed a lot of CU fans.
Davemeister, dornb liked this
 #56045  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:51 pm
Bootie wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:58 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:22 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:36 pm
Makes me sick we didnt try to score at the end. CU tried to score when they got it back with 2 mins left.
Absolutely agree. Why leave a timeout on the scoreboard? That left me dumbfounded and bewildered.

Least important game on the schedule. We struggled to score in the red zone against that defense.

With game out of reach, the goal is to get out of that stadium healthy
I was disappointed in this too. What better time to practice a two-minute drill than in an actual game against a solid opponent?
Welcome back Bootie, we’ve missed you,
din23, dornb, Bootie liked this
 #56049  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:32 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:03 am
Bootie wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Makes me sick we didnt try to score at the end. CU tried to score when they got it back with 2 mins left.
Absolutely agree. Why leave a timeout on the scoreboard? That left me dumbfounded and bewildered.

Least important game on the schedule. We struggled to score in the red zone against that defense.

I was disappointed in this too. What better time to practice a two-minute drill than in an actual game against a solid opponent?
On the other hand, why show ETSU what our two minute offense looks like?

Right now, they have no idea.
Bootie, I hear you. Jackal has a point too. I don't know anything but can see both sides. Practice against live game action is definitely valuable. On the other hand Dabo noted in half time interview that part of Furman success in moving the ball was them not having seen our formations from game 1 v NGU. IE, we installed some new formation/plays and the Clemson D wasn't sure how to do their thing.

And I admire teams that line up and say (FUBeAR reference here) we are running right. And the opponent just can't stop us. I LOVEE that. love it. But some new sets are good to throw in there - like Dabo said, that threw his defense off kilter as they didn't know how to line up or who to cover etc.

So - politician - i have heard both sides, I think it's good to have a few plays/set they don't know or have not seen yet as that may be the difference in close game.

Good to hear from Bootie and good to see you this summer man !!
 #56052  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:52 pm
For those interested the FU/CU is being replayed tomorrow at Noon on ACC network and at 2PM on ESPNU. Again on Tuesday at noon on ACC.
 #56053  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:59 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:32 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:03 am
Bootie wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

On the other hand, why show ETSU what our two minute offense looks like?

Right now, they have no idea.
Bootie, I hear you. Jackal has a point too. I don't know anything but can see both sides. Practice against live game action is definitely valuable. On the other hand Dabo noted in half time interview that part of Furman success in moving the ball was them not having seen our formations from game 1 v NGU. IE, we installed some new formation/plays and the Clemson D wasn't sure how to do their thing.

And I admire teams that line up and say (FUBeAR reference here) we are running right. And the opponent just can't stop us. I LOVEE that. love it. But some new sets are good to throw in there - like Dabo said, that threw his defense off kilter as they didn't know how to line up or who to cover etc.

So - politician - i have heard both sides, I think it's good to have a few plays/set they don't know or have not seen yet as that may be the difference in close game.

Good to hear from Bootie and good to see you this summer man !!
Dabo was overdoing a little bit, I think.

Honestly, Furman had a good game plan. Roper dialed up a lot of good play calls at the right time and largely seemed to have a feel for the game. For much of the game, Clemson looked like they were just trying to react instead of anticipate what Furman was going to do.
 #56087  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:18 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:15 pm
Walt Deptula on WCCP is really talking up our Paladins. He loves Huff.
Lots of praise for Furman on the roar today. Wait said arguably the 2 best players on the field were the 2 quarterbacks.
 #56099  by FurmAlum
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:56 pm
Went to my 50th high school reunion in NC Sat night so I missed watching some of the second half. Watched the replay last night and in my opinion, except for the first drive, Furman completely dominated Clemson in the second half. Just couldn't get the ball in the end zone when we got in the red zone.

The one thing missing for the whole game was we just couldn't get enough pressure on the Clemson QB. Had we done that we would have had Dabo squirming on the sidelines the whole game. Very good performance from FU and the game was closer than the score.

And Devin Abrams really laid the wood on the Clemson defenders on multiple plays.

Looking forward to the ETSU game and think we can get the job done.
FUBeAR, dornb, apaladin liked this
 #56103  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:45 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:52 pm
For those interested the FU/CU is being replayed tomorrow at Noon on ACC network and at 2PM on ESPNU. Again on Tuesday at noon on ACC.
 #56113  by Bootie
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:57 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:51 pm
Bootie wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Welcome back Bootie, we’ve missed you,
Thanks, I’ve had a lot going on, all good. Excited for this team.
apaladin liked this
 #56197  by apaladin
 Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:03 am
One other thing I heard two of the guys on the roar the other day say CU ans FU are 2 teams that have a lot of respect for each other and that was evident when FU didn’t try to score at the end. Still wish we had.
Flagman, dornb liked this