• STATS Poll

#56051  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:51 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:18 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:27 pm
It took him til this week to drop KSU but theyre gone now along with the Salukis and UNI.
Yeah - saw his article. Tried to find the prior week to see what he said about KSU. But after reading his ‘preamble’ and looking at his poll, he’s better than most…so, kept the powder dry.

Still…no good reason to drop ETSU faster than Kennesaw - particularly with ETSU winning their most recent head-to-head.
And did I read that ETSU was only a 7 point favorite? I would bet KSU was a much bigger favorite than that.
 #56055  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:41 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:51 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:18 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:27 pm
It took him til this week to drop KSU but theyre gone now along with the Salukis and UNI.
Yeah - saw his article. Tried to find the prior week to see what he said about KSU. But after reading his ‘preamble’ and looking at his poll, he’s better than most…so, kept the powder dry.

Still…no good reason to drop ETSU faster than Kennesaw - particularly with ETSU winning their most recent head-to-head.
And did I read that ETSU was only a 7 point favorite? I would bet KSU was a much bigger favorite than that.
Opened with owlets favored by 7.5, but heavy betting on the FlyingBarnRats took it to 13.5 by kickoff.
 #56076  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:45 pm
I wonder how many of the "national representative" voters are MVFC and CAA folks.

Admittedly, we used to benefit from these polls back when the SoCon was the center of the 1AA/FCS universe. Now that center of the universe has moved.
 #56090  by fupaladin01
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:43 pm
I get that we need to earn our spot by winning and we still haven't beaten an FCS team, but clearly the voters en mass don't do their homework. The most ridiculous thing BY FAR to me is that 0-2 Kennesaw is ranked above a 1-1 team that BEAT THEM! That said, we have 4 SoCon teams in the poll, and if Furman beats every one of them, we will be top 10-15.
Roundball liked this
 #56096  by furmandad
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:49 pm
Yep, these FCS voters are dumber than a box of hammers.

Eastern Washington - pummeled Saturday by then unranked Oregon 70-14. Dropped from #12 to #14. We outgained #5 Clemson and finished a respectable 35-12 (and left some points on the field) and LOST "other" votes.

ETSU - not necessarily complaining on this one, but I would have expected ETSU to drop further after loss to pre-season bottom part of SoCon Citadel, who opened with a loss to Campbell.

Mercer - pays to have a BYE. Bears moved up 3 spots.

Stephen F. Austin - dropped 3 spots from 18 to 21. Now 1-2 after 52-17 drubbing from Louisiana Tech. What's the F stand for??? :lol:

Kennesaw State - Yikes .... 0-2 start and still in Top 25 after 63-10 beat down at Cincinnati.

Samford - moves UP 1 spot after Georgia game. (33-0 may be respectable vs #1 FBS team, but ya moved UP??)

Citadel - Bellhops have 2x our "Other Vote value;" voters forgot about Citadel's opening loss to the Campbell Fighting Camels.

We can WIN every game remaining on our schedule and move up without help from anyone.

FURMAN 38 ETSU 13
FUBeAR, FU69 liked this
 #56119  by MNORM
 Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:45 am
furmandad wrote:

Eastern Washington - pummeled Saturday by then unranked Oregon 70-14. Dropped from #12 to #14. We outgained #5 Clemson and finished a respectable 35-12 (and left some points on the field) and LOST "other" votes.

ETSU - not necessarily complaining on this one, but I would have expected ETSU to drop further after loss to pre-season bottom part of SoCon Citadel, who opened with a loss to Campbell.

Stephen F. Austin - dropped 3 spots from 18 to 21. Now 1-2 after 52-17 drubbing from Louisiana Tech. What's the F stand for??? :lol:

Kennesaw State - Yikes .... 0-2 start and still in Top 25 after 63-10 beat down at Cincinnati.

Samford - moves UP 1 spot after Georgia game. (33-0 may be respectable vs #1 FBS team, but ya moved UP??)

Citadel - Bellhops have 2x our "Other Vote value;" voters forgot about Citadel's opening loss to the Campbell Fighting Camels.

We can WIN every game remaining on our schedule and move up without help from anyone.

FURMAN 38 ETSU 13
Do that and the polls won't really matter.
 #56123  by Furmanoid
 Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:41 am
MNORM wrote:
furmandad wrote:

FURMAN 38 ETSU 13
Exactly. There is no reason why we should lose another game.
 #56133  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:29 pm
0-2 KSU is off this week so look for them to move up several spots! 😳
 #56141  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:23 pm
MNORM wrote:
furmandad wrote:

FURMAN 38 ETSU 13
Sure. But the Montana, KSU (really?) of the world can lose an extra game than we can because of perception - and that is not right. IE, start in the ORV category like us (32nd now) and 8-3 might get you in playoffs. Start at number 10 and 8-3 will get you in playoffs even if equivalent competition - that's crap. It is entirely possible for two teams to both go 8 -3 and the one that was ranked higher pre-season get in playoffs. Shouldn't have to win em all. Should be a fair fight

On a side note, the SoCon needs to improve its perception. Beat some OOC. Good job to Sammyy
 #56145  by purplehorse
 Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:36 am
I think having a good QB is so critical. I don’t know why we can’t run the table based on what I saw at Clemson. True pass D needs to improve but I think our offense has the potential to be really good.