• Hoops & Heels

#55889  by tim
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:20 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:08 am
I am sorry that I started this thread with a posting for an event to support our women’s basketball team. I never thought it would turn into a hate fest against our coach, the great young women on the team and Furman University.
You knew exactly what you were doing when you started this thread.
 #55890  by tim
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:24 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:51 am
As a proud military veteran of service to the United States of America, I am disgusted with the rhetoric of some ignorant, hateful and racist comments made by flag waving fools on this board. Did any of you "patriots" ever actually serve the country that you profess such love for? My last visit to this hole.
Reading and participating in the threads is optional....... but good riddance. (seeya on your next post) There are no racist comments on this thread by the way. Just race baiting. And by the way, those who stand for the anthem and don't wish to see it denigrated aren't flag waving fools.
Last edited by tim on Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #55891  by tim
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:26 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:06 am
haha... what did you think the BYU investigation on BYU allegations was going to conclude?

But lets say they are correct... do you think it warrants that kind of personal attack just on that one event?
Personal attack by Dawn Staley? Just what on earth are you talking about?
 #55892  by tim
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:28 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:45 pm
tim wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:54 am
Flagman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:11 pm
Maybe you need to know that our women’s team doesn’t come out of the locker room until after the national anthem.
Didn't know that. What is Coach Carson's overall record? Anybody know that off hand?
Not that good. Right at .500 overall.
Well, a similar record didn't help Bobby Lamb, did it? why does this mediocrity go on?
 #55894  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:57 pm
tim wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:20 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:08 am
I am sorry that I started this thread with a posting for an event to support our women’s basketball team. I never thought it would turn into a hate fest against our coach, the great young women on the team and Furman University.
You knew exactly what you were doing when you started this thread.
Flat out lie. I did not try to “start” anything. All I was trying to do was to get out the word about the fundraiser. I thought it was a huge deal to get Staley as the speaker.
 #55896  by youwouldno
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:28 pm
Everyone knows the BYU incident didn't happen. It was obvious the moment the story broke. Now it's a scientific fact due to the audio data and modern technology (the audio data is widely available, not just to BYU).

But we live in a world where lying is considered acceptable so long as it's intended to push far-left ideology. So a portion of the population plays make believe and insults and attacks the people who accept reality.

Jasper come along - they're all the same - and says not only did it happen, but you're racist if you deny it.

In other words, let me control you, what you say you believe, or I'll attack you.

Well, sorry, not playing along. GTFO
 #55908  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:33 pm
tim wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:17 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:15 am
youwouldno wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:36 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:45 pm
SD is appalled with the comments above and beleives that its totally inappropriate to declare that for any human being. There is no such thing as "human trash".

Please take your hate someplace else. Its sports man.... not judge your fellow human. And what right do u have

There absolutely is. Prisons are full of it, for instance.

Dawn Staley is willing to lie and destroy innocent people's reputations in exchange for a short quote in a news article. She is a racist, communist, walking bundle of toxicity and ignorance. Do you like that better?
Oops.
Meant to dislike, NOT like!
I disagree with youwouldknow.
I side with Sad Din.
I note that Duke University stands by it volleyball team’s members’ assertion.
I WILL change the like to dislike soon as UFFP allows. I believe I have successfully at least removed the unintended like from the youwouldknow post.
You aren't really outside with the rest of us are you?
Aren’t outside what with the rest of who?
 #55963  by cavedweller2
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:41 pm
The bubble. The sphere. Aren’t you aware?
 #56166  by gofurman
 Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:06 pm
In short Ms. Staley jumped the gun - that’s a HUGE understatement- and canceled an event with BYU despite their being only a single allegation and NO EVIDENCE against BYU. I coulda sworn we were “ innocent until proven guilty”. Right? Apparently noT. In a liberal world (Staley, LeBron) people are guilty until proven innocent. Which is SCARY AS HELL. Just make a quick accusation ( unfounded ) and watch the news pound the accused without allowing due process. Well, the news and Dawn Staley

Even my democrat USC friends HATE this crap. Most said “why didn’t she wait for facts?” Why cancel months in advance before fact finding was done. She definitely lost some fans with this
 #56169  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:55 am
Bigotry can go more than one way as Staley has proven
 #56196  by gofurman
 Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:28 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
RIGHT. Kids think racism/bigotry is only one way. they are wrong. a lot of the ones I speak with also don't even know there are other protected classes like age (me... LOL), race, color , religion - the reason they only know of racism? TV from the Hollywood crowd only promotes that one.. well and the one with all the letters

And before someone thinks my post is angled - I am just asking for equal time for each protected class. Have as many TV shows about age, religious persecution, disabilities as you do race. But do they? answer it honestly
 #56462  by GOAT
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:37 pm
gofurman wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
RIGHT. Kids think racism/bigotry is only one way. they are wrong. a lot of the ones I speak with also don't even know there are other protected classes like age (me... LOL), race, color , religion - the reason they only know of racism? TV from the Hollywood crowd only promotes that one.. well and the one with all the letters

And before someone thinks my post is angled - I am just asking for equal time for each protected class. Have as many TV shows about age, religious persecution, disabilities as you do race. But do they? answer it honestly
Throughout the history of this country Racism has been a much bigger problem than the other protected classes.
 #56466  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:48 pm
GOAT wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:37 pm
gofurman wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

Throughout the history of this country Racism has been a much bigger problem than the other protected classes.

True.
Just saying the racism representation is disproportionate. It is.

IE, in short, they portray 95% of our protected class issues as Racism on TV. While it has Not been 95% of our problem - Maybe it constitutes 80% - 85% of the problem? But not the 95 you see on TV.

From religous persecution to ageism to disabilities etc etc those are at least 15-20% historically. I can't recall the last TV show from the left coast reflecting someone getting fired illegally just because they were older (ageism). OK, maybe one I saw years ago. And that is at least 2-3% of the protected class problem. And that is a definitive protected class. LA don't care about producing TV shows about that. No "Old Lives Matter" .. :D
 #56470  by Sad Din
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:09 pm
Isnt there supposed to be a moderator or something that moves these topics to the appropriate forum?

May SD suggest the trash bin.... just sayin'