#55759  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:27 am
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:18 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:16 am
Furman preview???? :lol: :lol:
I can't say I listened to every word, but it was hard to find the word "Furman" anywhere in that press conference.

I know Clemson said they did some prep work for Furman in the preseason, but I'm not entirely sure how you do much prep work for a team running a new offense you haven't seen on film.

My guess is they are just going to try and "out athlete" us.
FUBeAR listened to every word. Furman was mentioned because a single reporter asked a single question about Furman. The answer to the question contained no Furman preview. There was no additional discussion of Furman.

They won’t “try” to “out athlete” us on Saturday. They WILL “out athlete” us.

We will need to out..
-execute, -play, -coach, -technique, -effort, -hustle, -smart, -expect-to-win, and -luck them to capitalize on that 0.6% chance ESPN is giving us.
Purple rain, Affirm, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #55760  by AstroDin
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:48 am
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I can't say I listened to every word, but it was hard to find the word "Furman" anywhere in that press conference.

I know Clemson said they did some prep work for Furman in the preseason, but I'm not entirely sure how you do much prep work for a team running a new offense you haven't seen on film.

I'm not sure that Furman's opponents actually expected Furman to implement a new offensive system. My guess is if Clemson put in any Furman prep work, it was based on a run-heavy Furman offense and some look into JR's Holy Cross offense from last year. Clemson has the talent. I'm sure the coaches and players feel confident they can make any adjustment needed in-game.

Furman always seems to have its focus right — let's focus on what Furman does. The crazy thing about the NGU game is Furman took the pedal off the offense after a quarter and a half after putting up 42 points. Scheme wise I'm not sure how much JR showed Clemson to prep for in a short week.
 #55762  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:08 am
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Basically Dabo said they approach every game the same, doesn’t matter if you’re playing Alabama or Furman. That was the preview.
 #55765  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:22 am
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Basically Dabo said they approach every game the same, doesn’t matter if you’re playing Alabama or Furman. That was the preview.

The contrast of how the 'Big Boys' view our Football program compared to our Basketball program these days is stark, extremely stark
 #55766  by The Jackal
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:57 pm
Honestly, in most of these contests I think the FBS team has the biggest advantage in two areas: (1) defensive line and (2) pass catchers.

So, their biggest physical advantage will match up with what are likely two of our deeper position groups - offensive line and defensive back.
AllTimeFU, AstroDin, MNORM liked this
 #55783  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:49 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:22 am
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

The contrast of how the 'Big Boys' view our Football program compared to our Basketball program these days is stark, extremely stark
Not only that but a big difference too! :lol:
 #55785  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:54 pm
Rain chances steadiky going up. Should be 100% by Thursday. Anyone changing plans and not going because of the rain?
 #55787  by Flagman
 Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:27 am
Change of plan: WEAR the rain gear.
AstroDin, QCGlue liked this
 #55793  by Davemeister
 Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:52 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:54 pm
Rain chances steadiky going up. Should be 100% by Thursday. Anyone changing plans and not going because of the rain?

Not me. I have complete confidence in the ACC Network's ability to deliver the product nice and dry to my Living Room.
 #55807  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:56 am
Yep was hoping it wouldn’t be too bad but it can’t get any worse. Pretty much a downpour from 6am thru the game.
 #55851  by Flagman
 Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Given Chris Justice’s accuracy rating, we should have clear skies.
QCGlue, FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.