• Hoops & Heels

#55617  by rangab
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:07 pm
Show the anti American to the door.
 #55618  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:22 pm
This is a Furman event. Who is anti-American? Are you saying Furman is anti-American?
 #55651  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:53 am
Roundball wrote:
This is a Furman event. Who is anti-American? Are you saying Furman is anti-American?
Pretty sure he is talking about Ms. Staley. She refused to play the national anthem before home games, her and her team stayed in the locker room when it was played on the road etc.
 #55653  by Roundball
 Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:29 am
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Pretty sure he is talking about Ms. Staley. She refused to play the national anthem before home games, her and her team stayed in the locker room when it was played on the road etc.
https://www.live5news.com/2022/04/04/co ... -untruths/
 #55654  by Roundball
 Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:38 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:29 am
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Maybe so, but the implication is that Furman is also anti-American for bringing her in. I love the flag and our national anthem as much as anyone, but to say someone is anti-American for not standing up during the anthem is, well, anti-American. I am glad Furman is bringing in someone like her that will draw more to the event and hopefully raise lots of money for the women’s basketball program.
https://www.live5news.com/2022/04/04/co ... -untruths/
 #55660  by Sad Din
 Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:26 am
There are millions of "anti-Americans".

Just ask each side .. they will say the other side is "anti-American"!

But seriuosly this kind of nonsense has no place on a sports forum. DS has represented the US, SC and USC with nothing but class and success. If it was intended at her shame on u.
 #55668  by rangab
 Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:49 pm
Any coach that doesn't respect our country by staying in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem is scum.Staley canceled a series with byu over false racism claims that have proven to be a lie by countless witnesses. Many have given their lives for this country so she can bad mouth it. This country is worth way more to me than any liberal institution that has turned it's back my lord and my country so take your has been program which I once enjoyed and shove it !
 #55673  by Roundball
 Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:56 pm
rangab wrote:
Any coach that doesn't respect our country by staying in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem is scum.Staley canceled a series with byu over false racism claims that have proven to be a lie by countless witnesses. Many have given their lives for this country so she can bad mouth it. This country is worth way more to me than any liberal institution that has turned it's back my lord and my country so take your has been program which I once enjoyed and shove it !
My Lord is spelled with a capital L. Just saying.
 #55675  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:32 pm
This thread needs to die lol
 #55776  by tim
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:40 pm
rangab wrote:
The BYU thing is turning into quite a stink.
 #55782  by Flagman
 Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:11 pm
Maybe you need to know that our women’s team doesn’t come out of the locker room until after the national anthem.
 #55794  by tim
 Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:54 am
Flagman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:11 pm
Maybe you need to know that our women’s team doesn’t come out of the locker room until after the national anthem.
Didn't know that. What is Coach Carson's overall record? Anybody know that off hand?