Wade Smith
Tyler Voyles*
Reese Vita
Jaylan Reid
Chris Breedlove
Jonathan Brockhorst
Chinedu Okonya
Chris Washington*

* Not sure if Voyles is graduating or trying to get a 6th year. Also, I thought Washington was a junior?
Went back to the 2017 roster and I'm correct Washington was listed as a Sophomore, not sure if this a typo or he's graduating early.
Jasper liked this
 #5561  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:30 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:15 am
I don't want to jinx him, but I think Jaylan Reid is close to 40 starts for his Furman career. I'm not sure how many Paladins have made 40 starts, but I imagine it isn't many.
In The UFFP GoPaladins.com poster category...

I believe oldfrt started 39 games for the Paladins at OT.

Sluggo probably had 34 or so starts at OG.

3 SoCon Jacobs Blocking Trophies among those 2 Paladin OL stalwarts!

20 something for HKB60, I guess & 30-something for AquaLung & Green52.

FUBeAR, due to various injuries & indiscretions, and mostly, due to an abundant lack of talent, only started 21 games (4 at C & 17 at OT) during those ancient years.

BTW - The “UFFP GoPaladins.com Bowl” has been recently sanctioned by the NCAA. It will match the 2 lowest-ranked (avg of Massey & Sagarin) Former SoCon FBS Teams that are “bowl eligible”...or...y’know...get a coveted bowl eligibility waiver from, you guessed it, the NC-double-A. The game will be played in historic Sirrine Stadium and will benefit underfunded college football Message Boards & their Hosts/Owners. As of now, East Carolina (2-5) is in the driver’s seat with an average ranking of 119.5. UNC (1-6) will meet them in a rematch of an early season tilt won by ECU 41-19, as, of today, the ‘Heels have an avg rank of 91.5. But, don’t count out our old favorite, Marshall (5-2). They are on the outside looking in now, with an avg rank of 85.5, but hoping to lose some games down the stretch to qualify for the inaugural event.

Stumpy is this year’s Grand Marshall. Contact him about tickets and sponsorship opportunities.
Paladawg, sluggo liked this
 #5562  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:17 pm
Sorry, not a thread which should be ‘highjacked’...

All Hail to this year’s Sr Class!!! Those guys have been through so much transition, etc. and have just kept keepin’ on - GREAT GROUP!! VERY PROUD OF THEM!!!
AstroDin, dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #5563  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:44 pm
To the seniors - Thanks for everything !!!
We really appreciate you Seniors (and everyone).

You guys were the cornerstone to turning things around. ... Playoffs etc ( and thanks for beating Citadel and Wofford ! )

Keep it going
QCGlue liked this
 #5564  by sluggo
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:30 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:15 am
I don't want to jinx him, but I think Jaylan Reid is close to 40 starts for his Furman career. I'm not sure how many Paladins have made 40 starts, but I imagine it isn't many.
In The UFFP GoPaladins.com poster category...

I believe oldfrt started 39 games for the Paladins at OT.

Sluggo probably had 34 or so starts at OG.

3 SoCon Jacobs Blocking Trophies among those 2 Paladin OL stalwarts!

20 something for HKB60, I guess & 30-something for AquaLung & Green52.

FUBeAR, due to various injuries & indiscretions, and mostly, due to an abundant lack of talent, only started 21 games (4 at C & 17 at OT) during those ancient years.

BTW - The “UFFP GoPaladins.com Bowl” has been recently sanctioned by the NCAA. It will match the 2 lowest-ranked (avg of Massey & Sagarin) Former SoCon FBS Teams that are “bowl eligible”...or...y’know...get a coveted bowl eligibility waiver from, you guessed it, the NC-double-A. The game will be played in historic Sirrine Stadium and will benefit underfunded college football Message Boards & their Hosts/Owners. As of now, East Carolina (2-5) is in the driver’s seat with an average ranking of 119.5. UNC (1-6) will meet them in a rematch of an early season tilt won by ECU 41-19, as, of today, the ‘Heels have an avg rank of 91.5. But, don’t count out our old favorite, Marshall (5-2). They are on the outside looking in now, with an avg rank of 85.5, but hoping to lose some games down the stretch to qualify for the inaugural event.

Stumpy is this year’s Grand Marshall. Contact him about tickets and sponsorship opportunities.
I just got NCAA sanctioned for the Toilet Bowl. (NCAA : Nature Calls And Amen)
Heading there right now.
 #5565  by Paladawg
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:11 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:17 pm
Sorry, not a thread which should be ‘highjacked’...

All Hail to this year’s Sr Class!!! Those guys have been through so much transition, etc. and have just kept keepin’ on - GREAT GROUP!! VERY PROUD OF THEM!!!
While your thread highjacking is clear, I think the "UFFPGoPaladins.com Bowl" is a capital idea. To increase the payout, adding a title sponsor would be a good idea. Therefore, need to work on making the "UFFP GoPaladins.com Bowl brought to you by Pete's On Poinsett" a reality.

And yes, this year's senior class deserves the thanks of Paladin Nation for setting the table for consecutive winning seasons (which is within their grasp). Didn't seem likely a couple of years ago.
FUKA61, QCGlue, FUBeAR liked this