• The Darkness

#55323  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:50 am
Purple rain wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:45 am
Love this look. I am sure it will be an alternate uniform but I bet our players love it!
Ditto! players and recruits - kudos to CCH embracing change - this is a very high-quality look - rivals anything in FBS.
The last time we had black uniforms - they looked ill-fitting and just not high quality.
 #55326  by greenvegas
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:55 am
Don't tease me with the purple helmets unless the whole team wears purple helmets in an actual game.
QCGlue liked this
 #55328  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:01 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:55 am
Don't tease me with the purple helmets unless the whole team wears purple helmets in an actual game.
FU Football - wouldn't have gone to this much trouble to post prototypes… my guess is this is the uniform for our night game against NGU.
gman84 liked this
 #55330  by MNORM
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:23 pm
Diamond F on one side and number on the other...looking good.
 #55331  by AllTimeFU
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:07 pm
Just an awesome look. Passing the look test all around. Now, let's go do it on the field and rise up!!
 #55332  by tim
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:25 pm
I like it for some games but they are playing with fire messing with that white helmet
apaladin liked this
 #55333  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:39 pm
Like the helmet but not a fan of the black. Purple on black just doesn’t go well Don’t like Paladins on the back either. Wish they would have asked me first. 😂 The purple helmet with the all white unis would look great I think.
 #55338  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:27 pm
tim wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:25 pm
I like it for some games but they are playing with fire messing with that white helmet
I doubt they are messing with the white helmet. They look to just be adding an alternate lid to use probably once a season.

Not to be all "old man yell at cloud," but Notre Dame has worn 8 different alternate helmets since 2011. They have perhaps the most iconic look in college football.

Ohio State, also with an iconic look, has worn this a number of times:

We can all feel a certain way about change, but this is pretty much where college football is right now.
 #55339  by Flagman
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:03 pm
I guess we can be happy that we have enough money to be able to afford 100 more helmets @ $300+ each.
The Jackal, MNORM liked this
 #55342  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
Like the helmet but not a fan of the black. Purple on black just doesn’t go well Don’t like Paladins on the back either. Wish they would have asked me first. 😂 The purple helmet with the all white unis would look great I think.
different strokes for different folks…

Purple IMO needs a complementary color, and white is not a complementary color to purple.
When Furman introduced the Diamond F, it was used with silver and white.
Furman has a great classic two-color look for home and away.

When done well, I think the black/purple look is striking. This is done well - and the details with this uniform are really nice. I believe the helmet is matte, which makes the Diamond pop. I love the FU on the front of the Jersey, and again - IMO, Paladins on the back, and the font choice - is a masterstroke!!!
 #55343  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:15 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
different strokes for different folks…

Purple IMO needs a complementary color, and white is not a complementary color to purple.
When Furman introduced the Diamond F, it was used with silver and white.
Furman has a great classic two-color look for home and away.

When done well, I think the black/purple look is striking. This is done well - and the details with this uniform are really nice. I believe the helmet is matte, which makes the Diamond pop. I love the FU on the front of the Jersey, and again - IMO, Paladins on the back, and the font choice - is a masterstroke!!!
Palatino?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Default Avatar Other teams on schedule - upcoming scouting

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.