• FIVE DOWNS !

#5514  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:02 am
Did you all notice that In our last series of the third quarter we were given FIVE downs?? After the Citadel fumble...

...1st down ) we hike to Sisson. Sack
2nd down ). Hike to Sisson. Sack. (Lost helmet).
3rd down) Grainier comes in since Sisson lost helmet - short pass to Wynn
4th down ) Grainger run for 10 yards or so
5th down ). Punt

Did I miss a penalty ? Something ? I just watched it again on ESPN+ and couldn't see anything. Appears they gave us two third downs ??

The ref did appear to say something after the 'first third down". So I admit I probably missed something .... Also none of the Citadel players seemed to react which tells me there must have been something .
. Help?
 #5515  by din23
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:08 am
gofurman wrote:
Did you all notice that In our last series of the third quarter we were given FIVE downs?? After the Citadel fumble...

5th down ). Punt

Did I miss a penalty ? Something ? I just watched it again on ESPN+ and couldn't see anything. Appears they gave us two third downs ??

The ref did appear to say something after the 'first third down". So I probably missed something ....
. Help?
There was a pre-snap penalty, false start, on the first third down attempt. The refs had blown the play dead, and that’s why Wynn was so upset at the DB firing in at his legs.

The tv crew missed that completely, along with a number of other things like the punt being carried into the end zone but called down at the 1.

Here’s the play by play: http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m- ... m#GAME.PLY
 #5516  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:57 am
Thanks. I figured there had to something since the Citadel guys weren't saying anything. I was on ESPN at that point- You are right they said nothing
 #5522  by sluggo
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:35 am
gofurman wrote:

5th down ). Punt

The ref did appear to say something after the 'first third down". So I admit I probably missed something .... Also none of the Citadel players seemed to react which tells me there must have been something .
. Help?

1st & 10 at CIT 36
(2:33 - 3rd) Hamp Sisson sacked by Willie Eubanks III for a loss of 7 yards to the Citad 43

2nd & 17 at CIT 43
(2:33 - 3rd) Hamp Sisson sacked by Joseph Randolph II for a loss of 6 yards to the Citad 49

3rd & 23 at CIT 49
(2:33 - 3rd) FURMAN Penalty, false start (-5 Yards) to the Furm 46

3rd & 28 at FUR 46
(2:33 - 3rd) JeMar Lincoln run for 12 yds to the Citad 42

4th & 16 at CIT 42
(2:33 - 3rd) Grayson Atkins punt for 42 yds for a touchback
 #5523  by Jasper
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 am
gofurman wrote:

5th down ). Punt

. Help?
Are you sure Grainger came in for two plays? I did not think he played at all. If he did, I believe that would change any redshirt speculation.
 #5528  by fufanatic
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:47 am
Jasper wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 am
gofurman wrote:

5th down ). Punt

. Help?
Are you sure Grainger came in for two plays? I did not think he played at all. If he did, I believe that would change any redshirt speculation.
It was Lincoln.
 #5530  by Jasper
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 pm
Thank you. I did not see the box score and was going strictly from a fast fading memory. I guess the intent as of now is to redshirt Grainger. I think Lincoln looks more comfortable right now and its a wise decision - if it is in fact.
 #5540  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 pm
It was Lincoln - that is my mistake... fufanatic is right.. it was SIsson and then Lincoln when the helmet came off
 #5546  by Flagman
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Several fans in the stands missed the call of the penalty. If they did give us five downs, I wasn't counting and neither were the refs. And citadel bellhops can't count that high. It is the SoCon, after all.
MNORM liked this
 #5551  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:45 am
Jasper wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 pm
Thank you. I did not see the box score and was going strictly from a fast fading memory. I guess the intent as of now is to redshirt Grainger. I think Lincoln looks more comfortable right now and its a wise decision - if it is in fact.
Based on Saturday, there seems to be every indication that Furman will try to redshirt Grainger.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.