#54567  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:27 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:30 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:23 pm
One and done. Wonder how much he will be paid at SC? Has to be a lot to lure him away from NC. Like others he will never have to step foot in a classroom. Thus is the state of big money college sports.
He was probably going to have to come off the bench at UNC, that's a big part of why he left.
Jackson is coming to college ball a year early, he is not a great shooter and still needs work done to get physically ready, would be nice to see Slawson punish this kid.
The number one recruit in the nation is not an excellent shooter and needs work to get physically ready? Anyway, hopefully Paris will not have his team of transfers ready if we play them in Charleston.
Exactly correct, you must take everything in context

#1 He is not the top recruit in the 2022 class that he reclassified to (he is for 2023), but yes he is probably top 10

#2 If he wants to be a top 10 draft pick in the NBA next summer he will need to prove to be either a better shooter, or get much much stronger, its been easy for him playing small kids in SC high school hoops, that will change over time if he does not develop a jump shot to space floor or at least get much stronger to be able to play down low

#3 Its no mystery, these are the very reasons he left that stacked UNC roster to go to USC
 #54571  by Fuonetime
 Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:12 am
I bought my tickets to the Charleston Classic. This is a great opportunity for FU to shine in the basketball world. Hopefully, we will get some wins, maybe all 3. There are plenty of hotel rooms for every budget. By attending we can demonstrate that FU can travel well and it possibly will help us get more of these opportunities in the future. USC with GG should have a lot of fans and C of C as the host team will as well. FU should be #3 in attendance with plenty of purple in the arena. The team and coaches are working hard and its up to Paladin Nation to show up an cheer our team to victory. Let’s do this!!!
apaladin, underjack and 1 others liked this
 #54594  by furpop16
 Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:36 pm
If I had my way, I would like to play Penn St first, but believe we will play either ODU or Davidson first.

Got your wish.
 #54595  by apaladin
 Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:50 am
furpop16 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:36 pm
If I had my way, I would like to play Penn St first, but believe we will play either ODU or Davidson first.

Got your wish.
Wow! Imagine that! Looks like we are in the opposite bracket from SC. They prolly mandated that.
furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #54598  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:33 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:04 pm
DISCOUNTED PRE-SALE TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW THROUGH NEXT FRIDAY

Tickets for the 2022 Shriners Children's Charleston Classic as now available via our pre-sale! Purchase now through Sunday, July 31 at the link below to receive first priority and a discount on all-tournament tickets.

After clicking the link below, use the code "Shriners22" to gain access to the discounted tickets. From there, click "Find Tickets" and choose the desired ticket type and quantity. You will need to login or create an account with College of Charleston (who handles ticketing for the event) before purchasing.

https://cofc.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommer ... &caller=PR
PURCHASE PRE-SALE TICKETS (USE CODE SHRINERS22)

Single-session tickets will go on sale in October, pending availability. Fans are encouraged to purchase early if sitting in the lower bowl is important to you, as the Premium tier has sold out before October the past three years.

BRACKET ANNOUNCEMENT TUESDAY

Stay tuned as the complete bracket and schedule will be announced on Tuesday, July 26. Follow us on social media to be the first to know who your team will be matched up with in the first round and beyond.

VIP HOSPITALITY

VIP Hospitality will be available on the top floor of TD Arena (see seating map for exact location behind Section 216). These passes will go on sale later this summer. If interested, please use the link below to learn more and complete the VIP Hospitality form. Capacity in this area is limited and those who complete the form will receive priority access to purchase.

TRAVEL/DISCOUNTED HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS

We have secured discounted rates at five area hotels through our travel partner Anthony Travel. Some options are downtown and include the convenience of walking to games, while others are in Mount Pleasant closer to the beach. Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton brands are represented. All rates have a flexible cancellation policy. For more information about hotels and Charleston as a destination visit our website's Travel Page.

Get those tickets folks, lets show Penn St. they are playing one of the big boys in the mid major world!
 #54601  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:18 pm
This tourney will be great prep for us in getting ready for the SoCon tournament, and NCAA's as well for that matter

#54614  by cavedweller2
 Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:24 pm
We wont see SC. FU vs CSU in the finals.
 #54621  by tya1
 Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:58 pm
The teams appear to have been seeded and first round games determined by the final rankings from last season. Pomeroy ranked Virginia Tech #19 and Old Dominion #194.Davidson finished #40,Colorado State #46, the Paladins were #74, Penn State #88, South Carolina #99 and Charleston was #144. Fair way to do it. For maximum attendance chances you might have expected South Carolina and Charleston to have been matched with Old Dominion or Penn State in the first round.