Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:16 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:19 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:04 am
Clempson would be stupid to move unless they are forced to by other ACC schools, Yes they could make a few more millions by moving to the SEC but is that worth losing their cake walk to the CFP?
The problem they have is that they need to go undefeated now because their conference is so pitiful. Or they could boost their strength of schedule a little if they stop playing teams like FU. Without going undefeated I’m not sure they will get in over 2 or 3 loss B1G or SEC teams once all the moves are made.
Crrtainly not undefeated. How teams were undefeated entering the CFP the last few years? Virtually every CFP participant had played an FCS team so that hasn’t hurt them or there SOS.
Past few years are meaningless. If CU loses to somebody like UNC and Auburn loses to Bama and Oklahoma, I know who’s in.
Have to disagree but thats ok. You’re talking about choosing a second or third place team over a 13-1 conference champion. Not happening,
 #54335  by Affirm
 Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:56 am
apaladin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Clempson would be stupid to move unless they are forced to by other ACC schools, Yes they could make a few more millions by moving to the SEC but is that worth losing their cake walk to the CFP?
The problem they have is that they need to go undefeated now because their conference is so pitiful. Or they could boost their strength of schedule a little if they stop playing teams like FU. Without going undefeated I’m not sure they will get in over 2 or 3 loss B1G or SEC teams once all the moves are made.
Crrtainly not undefeated. How teams were undefeated entering the CFP the last few years? Virtually every CFP participant had played an FCS team so that hasn’t hurt them or there SOS.
But will that be the case in "the new era"? People who seem to know say that MAJOR CHANGES are coming up - whether those be by 2 years from now, or 4, or 8, or 14 years from now.
4273 liked this
 #54336  by Affirm
 Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:01 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:30 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Past few years are meaningless. If CU loses to somebody like UNC and Auburn loses to Bama and Oklahoma, I know who’s in.
Have to disagree but thats ok. You’re talking about choosing a second or third place team over a 13-1 conference champion. Not happening,
Yes, it's ok that we can disagree. My response to what you just said is "not happening" depends upon what the "new SEC" will look like compared to the "new ACC". Even if you assume Clemson remains in the ACC, you don't know who else the B1G and the SEC are going to cherry pick out of the ACC and thereby how much weaker the "new ACC" is going to be. We need to keep in mind that the OU and UT moves to the SEC and the UCLA and USC moves to the B1G are probably not going to be the end of the changes.
 #54341  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:23 pm
Prolly not because most if not all are greedy as its all about the money. They don’t care about anyone but themselves. It was so laughable when the UCLA peep said it was all about doing whats best for the “student athletes”. Yes sending them across the country for every road game is definitely whats best for them. How much weaker can the ACC get?
furpop16, Affirm liked this
 #54342  by Affirm
 Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:09 pm
True, nothing at all about the student athlete or at least not about the student athlete who is probably not eventually going pro (whether or not they realize it yet). Or maybe they’re all considered pro now, already?!
But again, this all is about BIG MONEY, big business, and greed; and with seemingly no regard for the vast majority of the student athletes at every level, especially those who are at schools that are not already at or possibly will never be part of one of the super-conferences (maybe as few as 40 or at most 65 schools).
 #54346  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:12 pm
I really don’t care how all this works out. Let the big boys devour each other and ruin FBS football for all of us. It’s a shame because it looks like it will be 2 super conferences ahd there won’t be room for the other 75 FBS teams. Like I said as long as FBS teams keep scheduling FCS teams, I don’t care.
 #54354  by Furmanoid
 Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:41 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:30 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Ok, not a great example although theoretically that Auburn team may have won the west over a 3 loss Bama. Or more likely they’ll be in the East at that point. In the new SEC it just won’t make sense to expect much better than 2 loss seasons.

So let’s say team X wins the East with losses at Texas and at Bama. Bama wins the west with one or two losses to good teams. Big 12 is undefeated or 1 loss to OK St, Cincinnati, UCF, Iowa State. Hell, Sunbelt is undefeated or 1 good loss. Clemson loses to NC State or Wake or somebody. What is Clemson’s case? Oooh, conference champion!? So what. Look at the conference. I’ve defended the ACC for years, but it is getting indefensible. Nobody seems to be getting better. Even without TX and Ok the big 12 is way better. The ACC is at best in 4th place and looking over its shoulder at the Funbelt.

I expect to start seeing either 2 B1G teams or 2 SEC teams and a Big 12 team pretty routinely unless the Big 12 champ is bad in which case Clemson can fight it out with ND, PAC12 and the Funbelt or AAC or somebody for the designated loser spot. And I’m Clemson fan.
 #54379  by Affirm
 Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:24 pm
Whenever I read about the definitely-soon-to-be “enhanced status” of the SEC, the B1G, and probably also Notre Dame with whatever-the-heck Notre Dame wants to do; and also any or every ACC school having to at least shell out $500 million to grovel their way into one of those 2 super conferences as a minimum to even have a chance to keep up, plus the other conferences non-ACC; then one of the thoughts I have in reaction is often a negative thought about all those 16 schools already lined up for their future riches.

In particular, I am tempted to think negatively especially about the SEC and B1G 10 schools that have not really done much to deserve their status in the situation.

Those would perhaps include schools like Rutgers, Maryland, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Missouri, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Iowa, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, and Minnesota.

If there are reasons other than just “luck” why schools such as perhaps those named while numerous other schools with programs just as good, and in numerous cases better, are now having to really sweat the prospect of being irrelevant, I would like to know.
 #54380  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:41 pm
affirm wrote:
Whenever I read about the definitely-soon-to-be “enhanced status” of the SEC, the B1G, and probably also Notre Dame with whatever-the-heck Notre Dame wants to do; and also any or every ACC school having to at least shell out $500 million to grovel their way into one of those 2 super conferences as a minimum to even have a chance to keep up, plus the other conferences non-ACC; then one of the thoughts I have in reaction is often a negative thought about all those 16 schools already lined up for their future riches.

In particular, I am tempted to think negatively especially about the SEC and B1G 10 schools that have not really done much to deserve their status in the situation.

Those would perhaps include schools like Rutgers, Maryland, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Missouri, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Iowa, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, and Minnesota.

If there are reasons other than just “luck” why schools such as perhaps those named while numerous other schools with programs just as good, and in numerous cases better, are now having to really sweat the prospect of being irrelevant, I would like to know.
You’re dang right!

All those schools were just “lucky” enough to be born on 3rd Base & they swear they hit a Triple!!

Historical Collegiate Athletics Privilege!!!

Access to billion $ television contracts & March Madness Millions are basic human rights and must be shared equitably across all schools’ Athletics Departments until equal outcomes are achieved!!!!

FUBeAR nominates affirm to found and lead the movement for Equitable Justice in College Athletics (catchy acronym TBD).

Does FUBeAR have a Second for his nomination of affirm to lead our movement?

Oh…BTW & FWIW…here’s a list of 31 schools that, like Vanderbilt, with different decisions made by their Leaders, were in position to & could, possibly, be current Members of the SEC…

Johns Hopkins
Sewanee (University of the South)
North Carolina
Virginia
Eastern Kentucky
Clemson
Cumberland (TN)
Mercer
Rhodes College
Wake Forest
St. Johns (MD)
Tulane
Texas (could be in now)
Maryland
NC State
Washington & Lee
Virginia Tech
Centre
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Furman
Georgetown (KY)
Samford
Louisville
Millsaps
Mississippi College
Oglethorpe
Birmingham Southern
Transylvania
Duke
Wofford

…but those schools shouldn’t be held responsible for the (possibly) lacking of 101+ years-into-the-future-vision from their former Leaders (some call this “luck”). That’s just not fair. We must mandate Equitable Justice in order to achieve Equal Outcomes…y’know…”Fairness.”
 #54381  by fupaladin01
 Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:52 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:41 pm
affirm wrote:

You’re dang right!

All those schools were just “lucky” enough to be born on 3rd Base & they swear they hit a Triple!!

Historical Collegiate Athletics Privilege!!!

Access to billion $ television contracts & March Madness Millions are basic human rights and must be shared equitably across all schools’ Athletics Departments until equal outcomes are achieved!!!!

FUBeAR nominates affirm to found and lead the movement for Equitable Justice in College Athletics (catchy acronym TBD).

Does FUBeAR have a Second for his nomination of affirm to lead our movement?

Oh…BTW & FWIW…here’s a list of 31 schools that, like Vanderbilt, with different decisions made by their Leaders, were in position to & could, possibly, be current Members of the SEC…

Johns Hopkins
Sewanee (University of the South)
North Carolina
Virginia
Eastern Kentucky
Clemson
Cumberland (TN)
Mercer
Rhodes College
Wake Forest
St. Johns (MD)
Tulane
Texas (could be in now)
Maryland
NC State
Washington & Lee
Virginia Tech
Centre
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Furman
Georgetown (KY)
Samford
Louisville
Millsaps
Mississippi College
Oglethorpe
Birmingham Southern
Transylvania
Duke
Wofford

…but those schools shouldn’t be held responsible for the (possibly) lacking of 101+ years-into-the-future-vision from their former Leaders (some call this “luck”). That’s just not fair. We must mandate Equitable Justice in order to achieve Equal Outcomes…y’know…”Fairness.”
I got you FUBear

Equity and
Justice
Across
Collegiate and
University
Licensed
Athletics for
Tournaments in
Education
FUBeAR, cavedweller2 liked this
 #54385  by Affirm
 Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:21 am
Affirm might consider accepting the nomination only if about 22 of the schools on FUBeAR’s list would be removed due to already being “irrelevant”. Mercer is NOT one of the schools that Affirm would want removed, because (A) FUBeAR has long ago informed us that Mercer is not irrelevant and (B) Affirm would definitely need FUBeAR’s help in getting this movement to succeed.
 #54425  by Sad Din
 Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:07 pm
with all the realighnment chatter... B12 Pac10 SEC and ACC, surprised no one has chimed in on the Ivy League

Time for them to expand?

Bring in Richmond, Davy, Furman, Woofy, Belmont?
 #54448  by Roundball
 Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:24 am
I agree with the writer of this article (Beware, he throws out the F bomb). Dropping the mid-majors from the tournament will never happen. But then again, the NCAA is imploding, so who really knows.
“The Dumbest And Worst Thing To Happen To College Sports Would Be This Report About The NCAA Tournament Cutting Out Mid-Majors Coming True.”
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/342 ... oming-true
 #54449  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:03 am
Certainly won't happen, would make for a very boring tournament to say the least lol