• Citadel Game Thread

#5431  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 pm
Congrats to the team and especially to Jemar Lincoln in his first start. Hopefully we can open up the playbook for him next week if HR is not able to go. Great game by the defense. Alive for another week.
AstroDin, FUBeAR, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #5432  by AstroDin
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 pm
I like JeMar… he plays tough and I like his physicality. And we have some darn good running backs.

Let's enjoy this!!! The team didn't fold, lots of crazy in the game today.
apaladin, MNORM, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #5433  by Jasper
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:18 pm
Kudos to Keeland Dirks for getting us safely out from under our own goalposts with 2 critical first downs in the 4th qtr. Another great play by Adrian Hope with the QB sack and ensuing fumble that iced the win. Very workmanlike job by Jemar Lincoln in running the offense. Save for one play, the defense was excellent all day. Some really good running by Wynn. And then there was the bizarre QB switch to a freshman QB taking his first ever snap following a fortuitous turnover in a very close game. What the hell was that?
FUBeAR, FUpaladin08, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #5437  by FUBeAR
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:38 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 pm
Refs haven’t had the best day today. Several clear misses.

Cit may still be one of the schools without video review
nope - CIT & Mercer were the 1st 2 to have it.
 #5438  by FUBeAR
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:42 pm
Happy for Lincoln - thought he would be ‘the guy’ this year, but I am not at practice every day...or ANY day.

And, as always FUATT!!

Grab my bags boy. No tip today. Sorry (not sorry).
Paladawg, FUpaladin08, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #5439  by sluggo
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:39 pm
The bus ride back from the Citadel would be so much smoother if HR was driving.
 #5441  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:51 pm
Great win. Awesome.

Few thoughts. More later

1). Great win
2) NO TURNOVERS for us
3). We had to fight field position a lot

D was great !!!!!!. Interesting Woffd tried to get outside w option. We shut it down. Same today. Citadel did find some success going straight at us. Citadel was much better just coming straight at us w FB.

third quarter our OL was BAD. BAD. Our own Radio announcers called them out. Said the OL was taking plays off - Cobb(?) said they were taking a lot of plays off and had little effort. Man. Glad to see them get it back together in fourth Q !!!

*. I do,wish w 80 seconds left we would pull a few starters. Hope rolled over w about 75 seconds left. Up 10 not sure he should be in. Same happened a about 4 minutes left v Wofford I think. Kroeber was hurt. Up 20 not w 4 minutes left sure we needed our OL key guys in game
 #5442  by MNORM
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:56 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:51 pm
Great win. Awesome.

Few thoughts. More later

1). Great win
2) NO TURNOVERS for us
3). We had to fight field position a lot

D was great !!!!!!. Interesting Woffd tried to get outside w option. We shut it down. Same today. Citadel did find some success going straight at us. Citadel was much better just coming straight at us w FB.

third quarter our OL was BAD. BAD. Our own Radio announcers called them out. Said the OL was taking plays off - Cobb(?) said they were taking a lot of plays off and had little effort. Man. Glad to see them get it back together in fourth Q !!!

*. I do,wish w 80 seconds left we would pull a few starters. Hope rolled over w about 75 seconds left. Up 10 not sure he should be in. Same happened a about 4 minutes left v Wofford I think. Kroeber was hurt. Up 20 not w 4 minutes left sure we needed our OL key guys in game
THIS. First game with one of our Freshman QBs where we protected the ball anywhere near as well as we did today. Fantastic job
 #5444  by tim
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 pm
Jasper wrote:
Kudos to Keeland Dirks for getting us safely out from under our own goalposts with 2 critical first downs in the 4th qtr. Another great play by Adrian Hope with the QB sack and ensuing fumble that iced the win. Very workmanlike job by Jemar Lincoln in running the offense. Save for one play, the defense was excellent all day. Some really good running by Wynn. And then there was the bizarre QB switch to a freshman QB taking his first ever snap following a fortuitous turnover in a very close game. What the hell was that?
Absolutely, those runs by Dirks did it and it was all second effort. The blocking seemed to break down when Sisson went in for those two passing plays though. Nothing like a win at Citadel.
 #5446  by sluggo
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:54 pm
My imaginary girlfriend would be prettier if she dated HR.
 #5447  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:58 pm
tim wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 pm
Jasper wrote:
Absolutely, those runs by Dirks did it and it was all second effort. The blocking seemed to break down when Sisson went in for those two passing plays though. Nothing like a win at Citadel.
I think McKinney started at OG. I didn't see Kroeber at all and presume he was out. Auer played a bunch at OT.

So, we were already really young on the OL and then had a couple of reserves log a lot of playing time.
 #5448  by tya1
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:21 pm
Everyday is a good day to beat the Bellhops. Today was another good day.

Very happy with the 4th quarter response after we lost the lead. With such a young team it is always nervous time when we trail late. We stood tall today.

Solid game from Lincoln. No turnovers and smooth ballhandling. Efficient passing to burn the Citadel defense when they over concentrated on the run.

Held the Citadel to 28 yards of offense on their final five possessions. That's how you seize control of a game.

The third quarter lull was worrying but maybe that is part of growing pains for a young team.
I do,wish w 80 seconds left we would pull a few starters. Hope rolled over w about 75 seconds left. Up 10 not sure he should be in. Same happened a about 4 minutes left v Wofford I think. Kroeber was hurt. Up 20 not w 4 minutes left sure we needed our OL key guys in game
Hope wasn't a starter. It was still a close game. They were in a passing situation. He is our best pass rusher. How many players are we supposed to sit?
MNORM liked this
 #5450  by AstroDin
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:56 pm
I think Mr. Lincoln earned more PT.

A few thoughts…

Citadel has played very aggressive defense this season, weather the storm of the third quarter - might just be the medicine this young team needed.

Lincoln had a solid game, he ran the option very well, made great pitches, and I thought he was spot on with his passing. I think he's earned the right for the coaches to open it up with him in the game.

Devin Wynn, from his comments, Furman is the only school that believed in him and offered. Our good fortune.
FUBeAR, sluggo, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.