• ESPN Bracketology 6/14

#54090  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:55 pm
Fresh off the news of the return of Mike Bothwell and Jalen Slawson, ESPN's Joe Lunardi now has the Paladins in their rightful place as SoCon favorites, as a #12 seed
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #54093  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:00 pm
I like the fact that Greensboro is a NCAA site for this season, that would be a great option for us :D
 #54104  by Sad Din
 Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:15 pm
The way to anywhere is thru Ashville. Just ask Miami and Tennessee who had big baseball post season hopes
 #54105  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:53 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:15 pm
The way to anywhere is thru Ashville. Just ask Miami and Tennessee who had big baseball post season hopes
Rather be the preseason favorite than not, the fact is way more times than not the team to win in Asheville was the SoCon preseason favorite
 #54149  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:37 am
Paladins have 28th best win percentage in NCAA DI basketball since 2016

dornb liked this
 #54158  by Affirm
 Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:30 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:51 am
Wow! That is good.
SERIOUS QUESTIONS for anyone wishing to give a serious response:
If we were to end the season as the #3 mid-major in the country, what is the lowest possible finish we would have to achieve that?
Who was the 3rd best mid major this past season at the end?
What was their overall final ranking?
Same questions for 2021?
Is Gonzaga considered mid major?
Is A-10 mid major?
Who ARE the ONLY “> mid major” conferences and teams? ACC?SEC? BIG10? BIG12? PAC12? BIG EAST?
Are all those “> mid major” and all others considered mid major by virtue of being D1?
I doubt Furman ends up #3 mid major at the end of 2023, but I still want to think about how highly we’d need to perform to make that.
I think we’ll have a very good year, but I doubt it will be as good as #3 mid major.
 #54161  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:29 am
3) Furman Paladins

PG: Carter Whitt

SG: Mike Bothwell

SF: Marcus Foster

PF: Jalen Slawson

C: Garrett Hien

Bench: Joe Anderson, JP Pegues, Johnny Lawrence, Tyrese Hughes, James Repass, Alex Williams, Davis Molnar, Ben Vanderwal

Departures: Alex Hunter, Conley Garrison

The Paladins hunger to end their ever-elusive NCAA tournament drought has to be bigger than ever after David Jean-Baptiste ended their season in mere seconds. Super seniors Mike Bothwell and Jalen Slawson guide the charge. Slawson averaged 14.5 points, 7.4 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and a block and steal per game. Also, keep an eye on Wake Forest transfer Carter Whitt, who's the likely starting point guard replacing Alex Hunter. A former top-150 recruit, Whitt seldom played but has the makings of a longtime staple in Furman's backcourt. It's Furman's time to shine!
Davemeister, QCGlue liked this