• 2022 Outlook

#53698  by The Jackal
 Sun May 22, 2022 9:42 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:04 am
Best returning QB & RB duos in the FCS this 2022 season.
Accounting for over 2000 combined yards and 14 total touchdowns over the last 6 games of the season. The true freshman & redshirt sophomore helped Furman Finish the season with a 4-2 record & look to lead

That's a duo that I think our coaching staff wasn't really ready for two. Both Wilson and Roberto started the season as backups and sort of forced their way into the starting rotation.

Will be interested to see their growth as both enter the pre-season as the presumptive starters.
 #53707  by Davemeister
 Mon May 23, 2022 9:10 am
Interested to see their growth after both are coached up by JR.
 #53709  by The Jackal
 Mon May 23, 2022 11:51 am
Piddling through some old highlights.

I think you can see potential for maturation, here. Single back offense like we will probably see from Roper. The OL has no issue with Wofford's twist up front. Wilson's got all times of time to throw.

Wilson does a good job of stepping up in the pocket. His natural inclination is probably to run (and he is a good runner), but you can see that with a clean pocket, if he pulls up he has several options downfield where to throw the ball.

#53895  by AllTimeFU
 Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:28 am
The wait is getting shorter. Freshmen begin reporting next week and the preparation for a big season begins. It sounds like we have greater alignment between AD and Coach than we have had in a while. Hopefully, we have COVID behind us. Significant focus is on the fan experience and media relations. We also have some really nice returning players and additions that will give us depth and experience. That's putting us in a great spot. A few coaching adjustments that just might make a big difference and the hopes of a football specific training and entertaining space in the end zone.

Now to the predictions;
1 - North Greenville
2 - @Clemson
3 - @ETSU
4 - @Charleston Southern
5 - Samford
6 - @Citadel
7 - Western Carolina
8 - @VMI
9 - UTC
10 - Bye
11 - @Mercer
12 - Wofford
 #53899  by tim
 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:25 am
8-3, we were 2 plays from 8-3 last year. If we have a little luck for once, 9-2 at least.
 #53903  by Furmanoid
 Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:45 pm
IF CJ continues to unravel against Ga Tech, then the Tigers will enter our game shaky. Our D can help them shut themselves down. If we could get a lucky score early, their fans will become hostile towards them. You can bet our new climbing OC is all about finding a way to score in that game. It could put him on his way.

Leonard’s loser: Clemson
fupaladin01 liked this
 #53905  by apaladin
 Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:28 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
IF CJ continues to unravel against Ga Tech, then the Tigers will enter our game shaky. Our D can help them shut themselves down. If we could get a lucky score early, their fans will become hostile towards them. You can bet our new climbing OC is all about finding a way to score in that game. It could put him on his way.

It was very disappointing the way we got manhandled at NC St last year. Just looked we did not belong on the same field which is not the norm. I am just hoping to keep it somewhat respectable but I hope you’re right with all my heart.
 #53906  by Furmanoid
 Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:51 pm
Furmanoid wrote:

Sorry, I meant DJ.
 #54102  by AllTimeFU
 Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:54 pm
This was a great podcast if you haven't heard it. Essentially, Furman is the Vanderbilt of the SEC. ETSU, Western Carolina and UTC should be at the top every year. Furman has grade requirements that the others do not. Great insights throughout the conversation.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/herosport ... rce=widget
 #54117  by fupaladin01
 Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:58 pm
Nice to finally see FU in this countdown series. Also, kudos to our social media team for having great highlights so readily available so national outlets can link to them.

Do we have any WRs faster than Miller? That dude is deceptively quick.
 #54119  by apaladin
 Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:07 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Nice to finally see FU in this countdown series. Also, kudos to our social media team for having great highlights so readily available so national outlets can link to them.

Prolly not.
 #54120  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
fupaladin01 wrote:

Prolly not.
Prolly have some faster runnin’ on the clock. Prolly don’t have any faster runnin’ for the end zone!
Davemeister liked this
 #54124  by tim
 Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:00 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
fupaladin01 wrote:

Prolly not.
Prolly have some faster runnin’ on the clock. Prolly don’t have any faster runnin’ for the end zone!
Ditto that! I saw it first hand at the VMI game. He took a pass near the sidelines and ran straight at me ( I was standing behind the end zone in the hospitality area and yeah... I had been there a little too long). He seemed to get there in lightning speed from near the 50. He wears something inside his helmet that lights up and it was quite a sight. I back pedaled even though a fence separated us.... but as I said, I had been standing there a while.
 #54131  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:26 pm
I am going to take a stab at who our projected starters would be, can you guys let me know if I am missing something or off in my thinking somewhere:

Defense:
DE - Jeremiah Jackson
NG - Cameron Coleman
DT - Matthew Sochovka
BAN - Luke Clark
WLB - Nicholas Kuzemka
MLB - Braden Gilby
SPUR - Jalen Miller
FC - Travis Blackshear
BC - Dominic Morris or Micah Robinson
SS - Dae’one Wilkins
FS - Hugh Ryan

Offense:
TE - Ryan Miller
LT - Blake Hundley or Luke Petit or Gerrik Vollmer or Pearson Toomey
LG - Jacob Johanning
C - Evan Jumper
RG - Wyatt Hughes or E.J. Wilson or Ryan Lamb
RT - Anderson Tomlin
SE - Joshua Harris
FLK - Dejuan Bell or Luke Shiflett or Kyndel Dean or Wayne Anderson Jr.
QB - Jace Wilson
RB - Devin Abrams
TB - Dominic Roberto