• Last Ask The AD Until August

#53620  by AllTimeFU
 Thu May 19, 2022 1:08 pm
DanScott wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:39 pm
Get your questions in now. Recording Monday (May 23) at 11 am.

Dan
1- Do you anticipate being in the SoCon in 5 years. If so, what developments would change your mind?
2 - What do you see as the most needed facility upgrades in the football program?
3 - What programs do you have in place to put more butts in seats at home football games?
4 - How do you see NIL impacting Furman athletics?
5 - What is an answer you had to provide Coach Hendrix that he didn't like, but you are working to change that answer?
6 - What specific initiatives do you have in place or are rolling out are to drive greater visibility to the athletic programs?
7 - How are you leveraging social media to grow your fan base beyond local graduates?
8 - What do you believe is the most marketable asset at Furman?
9 - What changes to the gameday experience at Furman football are coming for the season?
10 - Do you have the local media engaged at the level you would like?
FUBeAR liked this
 #53621  by Furmanoid
 Thu May 19, 2022 1:39 pm
-Do any sports at FU operate in the black?
-Which loses the most?
-Are students still OK with funding sports through activity fees? Just wondering because they don’t seem that interested in the sports they are paying for.
 #53623  by FUBeAR
 Thu May 19, 2022 3:03 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
-Which loses the most?
-Are students still OK with funding sports through activity fees? Just wondering because they don’t seem that interested in the sports they are paying for.
Most overall net $’s OR most/student athlete OR most/Title IX ‘compliance-helping’ student athlete OR some other definition of “most?”
 #53624  by FUBeAR
 Thu May 19, 2022 3:04 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
DanScott wrote:

Dan
1- Do you anticipate being in the SoCon in 5 years. If so, what developments would change your mind?
2 - What do you see as the most needed facility upgrades in the football program?
3 - What programs do you have in place to put more butts in seats at home football games?
5 - What is an answer you had to provide Coach Hendrix that he didn't like, but you are working to change that answer?
6 - What specific initiatives do you have in place or are rolling out are to drive greater visibility to the athletic programs?
7 - How are you leveraging social media to grow your fan base beyond local graduates?
9 - What changes to the gameday experience at Furman football are coming for the season?
Oooh….#5 is a FUn question. Nice job.
 #53625  by fupaladin01
 Thu May 19, 2022 3:23 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
DanScott wrote:

Dan
#1,5, 8, and 10 are espescially good. But I'd love to hear answers to all of them.
 #53627  by Furmanoid
 Thu May 19, 2022 7:12 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 3:03 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
-Which loses the most?
Most overall net $’s OR most/student athlete OR most/Title IX ‘compliance-helping’ student athlete OR some other definition of “most?”
Net dollars. I suspect none are close to the black except MAYBE basketball. I suspect we are pretty much paying for everything with activities fees, and that’s fine as long as the students give a rip about sports. But I’m a little concerned about a rebellion if they don’t.
 #53631  by Jasper
 Thu May 19, 2022 8:19 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:39 pm
Football and basketball in black. They help pay for the other sports which are way n the red.
Do you honestly think that football is in the black?
 #53633  by apaladin
 Thu May 19, 2022 9:30 pm
Jasper wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Football and basketball in black. They help pay for the other sports which are way n the red.
Yes. Especially with increased attendance last year and the annual FBS payout. Of course JD will not answer the black/red question anyway.
 #53641  by Furmanoid
 Fri May 20, 2022 8:31 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:30 pm
Jasper wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Yes. Especially with increased attendance last year and the annual FBS payout. Of course JD will not answer the black/red question anyway.
I’m curious about it because FU’s financial statements usually report total revenue for all sports at $4-5M. I would guess that maybe $3M is from football. I suspect the FB program costs more than that. But there’s a chance basketball might make money because their expenses are drastically lower than football and they do pull in revenue. Anyway, just curious. The other sports make no revenue, but they also have very low costs. I wouldn’t be shocked if football loses more than tennis. Probably doesn’t, but I wouldn’t be shocked.

But maybe I’m reading it wrong.
 #53647  by apaladin
 Fri May 20, 2022 12:31 pm
Football generates more income than one might think. Attendance, concessions, sponsorships, advertsising etc, and so does basketball. The minor sports only generate costs and no revenue. Their travel expenses alone are enough to break the bank, Since the NCAA is totally useless now and has no power, my suggestion is just drop all the minor sports except 2-3 womens sports and just have football and basketball. If the ncaa says anything just take them to court. Easy win,
FUBeAR, tim liked this
 #53649  by FUBeAR
 Fri May 20, 2022 12:44 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:31 pm
Football generates more income than one might think. Attendance, concessions, sponsorships, advertsising etc, and so does basketball. The minor sports only generate costs and no revenue. Their travel expenses alone are enough to break the bank, Since the NCAA is totally useless now and has no power, my suggestion is just drop all the minor sports except 2-3 womens sports and just have football and basketball. If the ncaa says anything just take them to court. Easy win,
Should prolly keep Track & Field + Cross Country…for a while, at least.

https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2021/1 ... borch.aspx

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.