• Ask The AD

#53237  by apaladin
 Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:30 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:14 pm

with Mlax, Wlax and softball would have easily gapped the entertainment value of baseball
Uhhhh…..No.
 #53238  by apaladin
 Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:40 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:20 pm
Sad Din wrote:
IMHO MLAX was not a bad decision. Its an up and coming sport, pretty exciting and great for a school like Dins

The issue was the coach... overpaid and did not produce results

with Mlax, Wlax and softball would have easily gapped the entertainment value of baseball which, lets be honest, never had a consisten run since its inception around 1000 years ago

Nobody gives a rats behind about LAX aside from a very very very small minority around here, and it will 100% never amount to squat around here that's why it folded, nobody cares. That sport belongs only on intermural fields and not wasting up a $5 million donation, maybe the total wine guy does not like basketball I don't know, would be better served to still be part of his net worth, it was a terrible idea and the results prove that. Now we have an actual need for arena renovations for something that could actually matter BIG TIME and can't come up with the cash?
Spot on! I’m afraid thanks to ED the Total Wine guy will never donate another dime to FU. I wouldn’t if I were him. A total slap in the face or FU. Again the decision to cut baseball and MLAX by ED was knee jerk, overreaction, unecessesary and will cost FU more in the long run.
 #53244  by paladinfan12
 Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
IMHO MLAX was not a bad decision. Its an up and coming sport, pretty exciting and great for a school like Dins

with Mlax, Wlax and softball would have easily gapped the entertainment value of baseball which, lets be honest, never had a consisten run since its inception around 1000 years ago

Nobody gives a rats behind about LAX aside from a very very very small minority around here, and it will 100% never amount to squat around here that's why it folded, nobody cares. That sport belongs only on intermural fields and not wasting up a $5 million donation, maybe the total wine guy does not like basketball I don't know, would be better served to still be part of his net worth, it was a terrible idea and the results prove that. Now we have an actual need for arena renovations for something that could actually matter BIG TIME and can't come up with the cash?
Spot on! I’m afraid thanks to ED the Total Wine guy will never donate another dime to FU. I wouldn’t if I were him. A total slap in the face or FU. Again the decision to cut baseball and MLAX by ED was knee jerk, overreaction, unecessesary and will cost FU more in the long run.
Total Wine Guy (David Trone) is on the board of trustees and was part of the unanimous vote to cancel lax and baseball two years ago.

Unsure how some continue to think this decision was neither necessary nor transparent from the university.
 #53245  by FU3
 Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:55 pm
There was nothing “unanimous” about this decision. There was a closing of the ranks after it was decided to move forward. This was an ED initiative that blind sided a number of stake holders including many in the Athletic Dept. management.She owns it for better or worse.
apaladin liked this
 #53246  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:00 pm
FU3 wrote:
There was nothing “unanimous” about this decision. There was a closing of the ranks after it was decided to move forward. This was an ED initiative that blind sided a number of stake holders including many in the Athletic Dept. management.She owns it for better or worse.
Absolutely!!!!!
 #53247  by DungeonRealm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

Total Wine Guy (David Trone) is on the board of trustees and was part of the unanimous vote to cancel lax and baseball two years ago.

Unsure how some continue to think this decision was neither necessary nor transparent from the university.

Man that $5 million would have been so huge for hoops, to bad it all disappeared into thin air with the failed lacrosse stunt

Guess its our own fault for not making the big dollar FU peeps care enough about hoops to this point over the years, just having to make up so much ground is not easy
 #53251  by Affirm
 Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
FU3 wrote:
Absolutely!!!!!
Repeating an untruth a billion times does not make it a truth.
paladinfan12 liked this
 #53254  by FU3
 Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:43 pm
Exactly what was untrue ? Unlike your never ending musings I base my statements on information from folks intimately familiar with how this process took place. Stick to your Pioneer League rants.
apaladin liked this
 #53280  by Roundball
 Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:16 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:29 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:27 pm
What is our plan when the breakup of NCAA happens?
So like 2035??

Don't know and don't care right now, we got a lot more pressing things in the NOW to tend too lol
Our AD says no FBS teams are scheduling FCS teams for games after 2026. Did I hear that correctly? If so, we need to care now.
 #53299  by apaladin
 Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:33 pm
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
So like 2035??

Don't know and don't care right now, we got a lot more pressing things in the NOW to tend too lol
Our AD says no FBS teams are scheduling FCS teams for games after 2026. Did I hear that correctly? If so, we need to care now.
Not sure what he meant by that but 5 ACC and 6 SEC teams already have at least one FCS game scheduled between 2027-2029. Ex: Wofford is at Clempson in 2027.
 #54878  by Sad Din
 Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:28 am
Yikes... you'd think some of this could be curved out for Timmons?

#54887  by FurmanFan23
 Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:07 pm
After seeing stuff like that Tweet it makes me think that Furman has the resources but is waiting for someone else to pay.
apaladin liked this
 #54888  by Affirm
 Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:05 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:33 pm
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
So like 2035??

Not sure what he meant by that but 5 ACC and 6 SEC teams already have at least one FCS game scheduled between 2027-2029. Ex: Wofford is at Clempson in 2027.
I guess what he meant is that as of now, no FBS are scheduling additional games against FCS, other than the ones already announced before now. The ones already announced are obviously “on the schedule”. Do not be surprised when any of the FBS-FCS match-ups already “on the schedule” get cancelled by the FBS school involved.
 #54889  by Affirm
 Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:07 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:07 pm
After seeing stuff like that Tweet it makes me think that Furman has the resources but is waiting for someone else to pay.
Anyone out there who wants to pay is free to offer.