• VOTE!

#53168  by Paul C
 Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:04 pm
 #53169  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:29 pm
Done!

At least they knew better than to list Wofftard, a school that averages about 200 people in attendance per game lol
 #53170  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:47 pm
Also find it funny that the soccer team in gvl is even on this, any sport that has a chance to end 0-0 final score ain't worth my time lol
apaladin liked this
 #53172  by Roundball
 Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:47 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Also find it funny that the soccer team in gvl is even on this, any sport that has a chance to end 0-0 final score ain't worth my time lol
Did you watch the game at Charlotte last night? Have you ever been to a Triumph soccer game? It is wild and lots of fun.
MNORM liked this
 #53173  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:57 pm
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Did you watch the game at Charlotte last night? Have you ever been to a Triumph soccer game? It is wild and lots of fun.

Nope, I did not
From the box score the game that Charlotte won was in Greenville and the Triumph scored 1 goal in 106+ minutes, not my kinda sport sorry
 #53174  by apaladin
 Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:01 pm
Agree DR and that game was in Greenville. I can tolerate hockey because at keast it has fast paced action. Soccer is without a doubt the most borng sport on the planet. I’d rather watch Curling, lol. Why wasn’t the Greenville Swamp Rabbits included,
 #53179  by FUBeAR
 Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:25 pm
Yeah…no can do on the EuroFootball. FUBeAR enjoyed playing it as a cub and gets that many/most of the Players are solid to excellent athletes….and to enough of an extent FUBeAR understands the game.

None of that makes it a good spectator sport. Don’t care if the rest of the world thinks it is. World Cup can be fun to watch because of the hatred some Teams have for each other and all the gamesmanship (faking)…but that’s kinda outside the sport…kinda like Pro Rasslin’ stuff.

Nah….FUBeAR has tried. Ain’t happenin’ for him.
apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #53180  by soconjohn
 Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:07 am
I love soccer and have an appreciation for it, but as much as I love it and appreciate it, it's not FU hoops or football...That's just reality...And Triumph game is vastly different from World Cup...country vs country is legalized war on a patch of turf...that's something to see and it's a far cry from the Triumph...Again, no offense to Triumph or coach Harkes...Love what they have done for Greenville...But Furman and Wofford easily out-draw that crowd at the Well.
 #53183  by apaladin
 Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:48 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:57 pm
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

Nope, I did not
From the box score the game that Charlotte won was in Greenville and the Triumph scored 1 goal in 106+ minutes, not my kinda sport sorry
…..and of course the fnal was 2-1. imagine that even between teams on different levels,
 #53184  by soconjohn
 Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:51 am
Yes I watched the match...Yes Greenville is solid and have some good players, but they lost to Clemson in an exhibition...Granted Clemson is the national champions...All that said, Charlotte might be the worst team in the MLS...Christian Fuchs (pronounced fukes) is their one decent player...He didn't play vs Greenville and he is a member of the Austrian National team and former Leicester City player....But enough about soccer...It's fun to go to...But it doesn't compare to the excitement of Furman athletics.
 #53189  by apaladin
 Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:39 pm
At least we finished solidly in second place.
 #53190  by Roundball
 Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:47 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:51 am
Yes I watched the match...Yes Greenville is solid and have some good players, but they lost to Clemson in an exhibition...Granted Clemson is the national champions...All that said, Charlotte might be the worst team in the MLS...Christian Fuchs (pronounced fukes) is their one decent player...He didn't play vs Greenville and he is a member of the Austrian National team and former Leicester City player....But enough about soccer...It's fun to go to...But it doesn't compare to the excitement of Furman athletics.
Somehow, Charlotte beat Atlanta. And I agree, nothing beats the excitement of Furman athletics, especially basketball.
underjack liked this
 #53196  by gofurman
 Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:57 pm
Glaring question. Why was Clemson Basketball not listed ? They have had (rate but happens) some good teams? Larry Nance. Dale Davis. Horace Grant