• Yes, Furman is SoCon preseason #1 next season, but what about the rest of SoCon?

#52978  by tya1
 Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:02 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:21 pm
as far as SD can tell, 8 woofy players have transferred.

Ole Jer must be on a budget these days....
[/quote

Prolly should say tried to transfer. Only a couple will actually leave.
Two of the players leaving are seniors scheduled to graduate but with eligibility left and no grad programs at Wofford to use. Two of the undergrad transfers with eligibility left have already hooked up with other programs
 #52988  by FUBeAR
 Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:19 am
tya1 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:02 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:21 pm
as far as SD can tell, 8 woofy players have transferred.

Ole Jer must be on a budget these days....
[/quote

Prolly should say tried to transfer. Only a couple will actually leave.
Two of the players leaving are seniors scheduled to graduate but with eligibility left and no grad programs at Wofford to use. Two of the undergrad transfers with eligibility left have already hooked up with other programs
So 6 Wofford hoops Players have realized Wofford SUX and can’t get out of SparkleCity fast enough.

Maybe they were asked to leave because they refused to give Uncle Jerry the foot massages he requires from his servants.
 #53023  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:09 pm
What is GPP?
Just some type of workout

What is GPP in bodybuilding?
General Physical Preparedness is a phase of training leading up to an athlete's program in which specific demands will need to be met. The general requirements of a program or sport are achieved during GPP. For a bodybuilder GPP can help improve flexibility, strength, cardiovascular fitness, speed and endurance.
apaladin liked this
 #53024  by FUBeAR
 Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:09 pm
What is GPP?
GIFY…

GPP is short for general physical preparedness, and it is used to improve your ability across all areas of fitness — speed, strength, endurance, flexibility, power, coordination, and so on. It is the opposite of SPP, or specific physical preparedness, which is used to increase your capacity in one area of fitness.
 #53097  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:58 pm
Don’t see why this would cause Glover to leave. He had 2 good years at VMI then he only averaged 5 and 6 points in 2 years at Georgia Tech. Did not play this past season.
That was not my angle here though

My thinking, Parham would not want to drop down from Georgia Tech to come off the bench at Samford, Glover and Parham are both small point guards, I don't really think Parham would go to Samford unless they told him Glover is turning some sort of Pro ball and they will let Parham take over starting PG slot

apaladin liked this
 #53110  by tya1
 Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:49 am
Parham lead VMI in scoring while he was there, he took about as many threes as the next two guys on their team combined . His assist numbers and A/TO ratio reflect a lead guard role more than a pure point guard role. I bet he would have no problem being the shooting guard to Glover's point guard if Glover stays and he can easily slide into the PG role if Glover isn't playing.
 #53111  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:19 am
tya1 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:49 am
Parham lead VMI in scoring while he was there, he took about as many threes as the next two guys on their team combined . His assist numbers and A/TO ratio reflect a lead guard role more than a pure point guard role. I bet he would have no problem being the shooting guard to Glover's point guard if Glover stays and he can easily slide into the PG role if Glover isn't playing.
At 5'10 and shooting in low 30's from three he would not make much of a SG, but we shall see what happens in due time