• Taking a Transfer

#52850  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:11 am
tya1 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:01 am
William and Mary transfer Conner Kochera has picked Davidson as his next stop.

I claim no inside info but Nick Martinelli, who I mentioned a few posts back says that Furman is one of the schools to contact him since he backed off his commitment to Elon.

Carson McCorkle, a 6'3" guard transfering from Virginia has narrowed his list to Wofford or William and Mary. Wofford has also contacted Martinelli In fact a list of transfers the Terriers haven't contacted might be shorter than a list of the ones they have. Sam Godwin,who just transfered out has announced for Oklahoma.

Neftali Alvarez, who left Mercer, says he will transfer to Southern Miss.

Wofftard is desperate, they have truly offered everyone in the portal lol, sad state of affairs for them they are a true dumpster fire right now
Godwin left wofftard to walk-on at Oklahoma, that tells you how bad things are in spartanburg
 #52860  by apaladin
 Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:26 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
tya1 wrote:

I claim no inside info but Nick Martinelli, who I mentioned a few posts back says that Furman is one of the schools to contact him since he backed off his commitment to Elon.

Carson McCorkle, a 6'3" guard transfering from Virginia has narrowed his list to Wofford or William and Mary. Wofford has also contacted Martinelli In fact a list of transfers the Terriers haven't contacted might be shorter than a list of the ones they have. Sam Godwin,who just transfered out has announced for Oklahoma.

Wofftard is desperate, they have truly offered everyone in the portal lol, sad state of affairs for them they are a true dumpster fire right now
Godwin left wofftard to walk-on at Oklahoma, that tells you how bad things are in spartanburg
True but n the end I suspect them to have a pretty good team when all is said and done. Thr portal levels the playing field in a not so good way.
 #52862  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:26 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
tya1 wrote:

True but n the end I suspect them to have a pretty good team when all is said and done. Thr portal levels the playing field in a not so good way.

I see them as .500 team best case scenario, and if BJ Mack goes some type of pro ball then they will have a losing season
 #52864  by tya1
 Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:31 pm
Belmont transfer Will Richard is going to Florida.
 #52865  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:22 am
Just a reminder how this all played out last year, Conley Garrison entered the transfer portal on March 10 after last season, he commited to FU on April 14
 #52866  by Roundball
 Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:25 am
I love to watch Stephens play, but was hoping to not to have to face him again.
 #52870  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:21 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:25 am
I love to watch Stephens play, but was hoping to not to have to face him again.
This makes UTC a .500 team instead of a losing record at this point, they will still need to add a ton to compete at all next season, Stephens best two years at VMI they were 13-12 and 16-16
 #52872  by furmandad
 Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:09 pm
Remember when it used to be "frowned upon" for a Coach to transfer within the conference and then poach his former players .........
FU69, MNORM liked this
 #52873  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:26 pm
furmandad wrote:
Remember when it used to be "frowned upon" for a Coach to transfer within the conference and then poach his former players .........
Yep

Mercenary schools that take truck loads of transfers don't care

They also don't care one single bit if a player gets a degree from the school

Do any of us believe Silvio De Sousa got any sort of degree from UTC? NOPE!
 #52874  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:03 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:26 pm
furmandad wrote:
Yep

Mercenary schools that take truck loads of transfers don't care

They also don't care one single bit if a player gets a degree from the school

Do any of us believe Silvio De Sousa got any sort of degree from UTC? NOPE!
Did he ever attend a class? Prolly not.
FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #52914  by tya1
 Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:42 pm
Virginia transfer Carson McCorkle has chosen Wofford over William and Mary. McCorkle didn't play much at Virginia (about half of their games and less than 5 minutes per game) and his stats reflect that, but he was a 3 star rated recruit sought after by at least 7 schools from the ACC, SEC and Big Ten. After looking at some of his HS highlights he looks to be a solid replacement for Klesmit. I think Sivills will be better than Godwin, so with Messiah Jones expected back from injury the Terriers could avoid a dropoff, as long as they don't lose anyone else. They have also added Kyler Filewich, a 6'9" 250 lb. transfer from Southern Illinois. Filewich is from Winnipeg, Canada and averaged about 4 ppg and 3 rebs. for SIU playing 11.5 minutes per gqme this season.

Terrier transfer Ryan Larson has chosen Coll. of Charleston. Cincinnati transfer Mason Madsen has picked Boston College.
 #52916  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:54 pm
tya1 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:42 pm
Virginia transfer Carson McCorkle has chosen Wofford over William and Mary. McCorkle didn't play much at Virginia (about half of their games and less than 5 minutes per game) and his stats reflect that, but he was a 3 star rated recruit sought after by at least 7 schools from the ACC, SEC and Big Ten. After looking at some of his HS highlights he looks to be a solid replacement for Klesmit. I think Sivills will be better than Godwin, so with Messiah Jones expected back from injury the Terriers could avoid a dropoff, as long as they don't lose anyone else. They have also added Kyler Filewich, a 6'9" 250 lb. transfer from Southern Illinois. Filewich is from Winnipeg, Canada and averaged about 4 ppg and 3 rebs. for SIU playing 11.5 minutes per gqme this season.

Terrier transfer Ryan Larson has chosen Coll. of Charleston. Cincinnati transfer Mason Madsen has picked Boston College.

Every single transfer player Wofftard has signed this year was terrible at the school they are leaving, Wofftard will be down at the bottom of the SoCon with WCU, VMI and Citadel
 #52930  by tya1
 Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:36 pm
Devin Carney 6'2' guard from Sewickley, PA has decommitted from Elon after their coach left recently. The Paladins had recruited him and offered this year.
 #52931  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:04 pm
I'll be very disappointed if we can't find 1 DI or DII transfer player that has already proven themselves at the college level by May 1st, like I said if there was ever a time to try and load up for a BIG season, its next season.
 #52933  by RaleighDin
 Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:07 pm
Totally get the sentiment, but if Devin Carney is available, I would put all my eggs in that basket. Kid has some Steph Curry to his game and can flat out score.
MNORM and 1 others liked this