• The Citadel

#5234  by The Jackal
 Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:27 pm
A pox on them.

Side note. It's Wednesday at 2:30 and we still haven't released game notes or a depth chart.
 #5239  by AstroDin
 Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:40 pm
this is going to be fun…
 #5240  by Flagman
 Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:42 pm
That should keep them guessing.
 #5256  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:30 pm
AstroDin wrote:
this is going to be fun…
I don't know if FUN is the right word. because IF we lose with a struggling offense - ... IF Roberts is hurt? IF they decide to redshirt Grainger (appreciate you guys bringing that up, I hadn't thought of that myself) .. then I will hate next week. IE, if we lose 13-17 I will be bummed.

As long as we win it is fun - and I believe in our guys.. I know we can win with anyone at the helm it just can be tough.

WHOMEVER IS QB - we are pulling for you, beat Citadel !!!!!!!!!!!!
 #5264  by apaladin
 Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 pm
Noticed in the game notes the 2022 game at Clempson has been moved from the opening game to Oct. 8th. Don't know why I notice things like this.
 #5265  by Paul C
 Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:51 pm
Furman is a 7 pt favorite.

The over/under opened at 61.5 but is now down to 54.5. I might have had something to do with that
gofurman, FUBeAR, AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #5268  by AstroDin
 Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:13 am
gofurman wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
this is going to be fun…
I don't know if FUN is the right word. because IF we lose with a struggling offense - ... IF Roberts is hurt? IF they decide to redshirt Grainger (appreciate you guys bringing that up, I hadn't thought of that myself) .. then I will hate next week. IE, if we lose 13-17 I will be bummed.

As long as we win it is fun - and I believe in our guys.. I know we can win with anyone at the helm it just can be tough.

To me it is fun, I want us to win I expect us to win… IMO, with the way this crazy season has gone, Furman has nothing to lose. Obviously, Furman has had to re-evaluate the quarterback situation due to Roberts injury, I hate that for him.

Now it's next man up, Grainger, Lincoln, or Sisson. I'm looking forward to Saturday, I think it's going to be a fun game to watch.
 #5279  by gofurman
 Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:53 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:13 am
gofurman wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
this is going to be fun…

To me it is fun, I want us to win I expect us to win… IMO, with the way this crazy season has gone, Furman has nothing to lose. Obviously, Furman has had to re-evaluate the quarterback situation due to Roberts injury, I hate that for him.

Now it's next man up, Grainger, Lincoln, or Sisson. I'm looking forward to Saturday, I think it's going to be a fun game to watch.
Cool. Go Paladins
 #5281  by gofurman
 Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:39 pm
No jinx - Staggs has a good record vs these guys. We will leave it at that. We had two weeks for Wofford so even new guys this is third week of option. Plus we run option some so we have little excuse on D

But Citadel is scary in Charleston town. Lost to ETSU by 3. And lost to UTC by one in OT
They can play with anyone in chucktown. Also, while it’s a great matchup for our D - stopping the option - it’s a bad matchup for our O IF Roberts can’t go. That makes us much more run base team and Citadel is far better at stopping the run than the pass from what I see. Watching them play ETSU they give up passes but shut down the run. And I suspect IF we have a new qb they will play the run hard and force our QB to pass some to win

We really just need 25 points from O and to keep the D rested as much as anything. Get those first downs. Keep the D off the field.