• 2019 Recruiting

#4768  by tya1
 Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:15 pm
Tyson Jackson, 6'8" forward from Georgia, committed to Middle Tennessee State. Jackson was reported to have an offer from Furman last year but I never heard much since then.

Zane Meeks picked up an offer from Columbia University.
 #4857  by Paul C
 Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:42 pm
Had four recruits on campus this weekend. Two for this class and two class of ‘20 kids. One of the 2019 kids is a 6-4 wing player from Ga.
 #4864  by tya1
 Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:05 am
Paul C wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:42 pm
Had four recruits on campus this weekend. Two for this class and two class of ‘20 kids. One of the 2019 kids is a 6-4 wing player from Ga.
Does that mean the other 2019 player was someone who was an earlier offer? That would narrow it down to about two guys. A 6'4" wing from Georgia covers a dozen or so guys. Some of them at the top of the recruiting food chain.

--------------------

Sean Yoder has committed to Navy.

Zane Meeks with offers from Dartmouth and UMBC. Also has Wisconsin checking him out.
 #5275  by JohnW
 Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:50 am
Note from twitter. According to Shun Williams, Marcus Foster, 6-4 G, from Drew Charter School will be at Furman on an official visit this weekend.
 #5299  by tya1
 Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:32 pm
Foster has recruiting interest from Dartmouth, Navy, Cornell, Georgia State, Kennesaw State, Murray State, and Winthrop - among others.

Averaged about 20 ppg for Drew Charter last year and had a strong spring and summer playing AAU ball. Video shows he is a smooth athletic guard who has a complete game - driving to the hoop, mid-range moves, three point shooting range, good passer, and quick hands on defense.
 #5436  by JohnW
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:29 pm
Per his tweet Tanner Shulman from McCallie has committed.
 #5449  by tya1
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:26 pm
JohnW wrote:
Is he an offered player or a PWO?

His father is John Shulman - former coach at Chattanooga. His brother plays for UA-Huntsville, the team we were set to play in scrimmage today.
 #5473  by JohnW
 Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:26 pm
JohnW wrote:
Is he an offered player or a PWO?
Don't know. His tweet said committed.
 #5482  by youwouldno
 Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:56 pm
I don't think Shulman is considered a D-I prospect (nor does he start for his high school team), so "committed" might be a bit informal in this case.
 #5500  by JohnW
 Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:55 pm
Verbal Commits is reporting via twitter that Marcus Foster has committed to Furman. To my admittedly untrained eye this is a big get.
 #5507  by Paul C
 Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:40 pm
Marcus Foster – Drew Charter (GA) – 2019

He is quite potent in transition where he knows how to finish at or above the rim. He plays with great energy and can make plays at both ends of the floor due to his length and quickness. He has the ability to rebound in traffic and lead the fast break and he is quite the gifted passer. He gets nice lift on his jump shot and his range extends out to 3-point line

http://ontheradarhoops.com/otrhoopsrepo ... h-13-2018/

2019 6-4 SG Marcus Foster (Drew Charter)
Getting my first look at one of the hottest prospects in Georgia, the physical Marcus Foster looked sharp in the first half against St. Francis. He muscled his way to 15 of his team-high 17 points in the opening 20 minutes, using his strength to fluster Dwon Odom and other defenders. Foster drilled two threes and finished at the rim. He tacked on 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals. As Drew Charter faltered down the stretch, St. Francis made sure the ball stayed out of Foster’s hands. They pressed and trapped Foster, forcing him to give it up. A lack of another true ball handler really hurt the Eagles down the stretch. Foster could have stood to demand the ball more over the course of the second half.

https://sandysspiel.com/georgia-tech-te ... standouts/
 #5511  by youwouldno
 Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 pm
Foster is an interesting prospect . . . Drew Charter appears to be prominent in Atlanta as an academic institution, with athletics very much being secondary. I didn't see any actual game video. Seems like a promising student-athlete that would benefit from a red-shirt year once he arrives on campus.
 #5513  by tya1
 Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:52 pm
Foster played for a class 1A school and a smaller AAU program which made for less exposure than other recruits but came on strong this year. He had one reported offer - from Navy - but a lot of recent recruiting interest.

Here is his twitter page - LINK
There is a short workout video showcasing his abilities.

He was picked to the pre-season first team all-state team for class A.
 #5526  by CharlieFU
 Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:17 am
I think Shulman will be a walk on. I met him about a month ago at a practice in Timmons.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.