• Taking a Transfer

#52688  by Sad Din
 Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:18 pm
so far looks like Dins have interest in enuff players to replace the whole team!
 #52690  by Sad Din
 Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:38 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:21 pm
Does the coaching staff know something that we don’t?
haha. SD bets they know alot that we dont know... after all they are pro coaches
 #52691  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:42 pm
They are after sought after players, just trying to strike gold on 1 of them, hopefully we can land our guy and that will put us at 13 scholarships for next season, and ready to rock and roll
 #52693  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:18 pm
Roundball wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:58 pm
'It's crazy': Mike Krzyzewski says NCAA is broken with 'absent congressmen,' needs restructuring

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 248187001/
Mike Krzyzewski took tons of players that go to school for 1 year, he was basically running a semi-pro team for many many years, he is not a credible source to listen to complain about the state of things in my opinion
Sad Din liked this
 #52699  by FU3
 Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:28 am
Coach K recruited the best players he could get to come to Duke. Those players made the (in most cases) smart decision to leave early to go to the NBA to make millions of dollars. The NCAA is a broken organization and needs either wholesale structural change or to be replaced by a new organization. I am glad that he is calling out the rot in the NCAA and I hope some of his ideas are utilized to make the structural changes needed.
FUBeAR liked this
 #52700  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:50 am
The NCAA is made up of member schools. It’s their fault they fail to enforce their own rules and ignore them whenever convenient with no consequences.
FUBeAR liked this
 #52701  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:16 am
Between NLI and transfers, the schools with $$ will have the pick of the litter. One transfers cant automatically help is team chemistry but talent can overcome that quickly

There are reports of schools generating millions for NLI. Some reform is needed:
FUBeAR liked this
 #52702  by FU3
 Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:16 am
The NCAA put its greed and the desires of the top 30 or so major sports institutions to create the product we have today. The compliance standards were a labyrinth of rules that in general hurt the student athletes that the organization is supposed to support and protect.
FUBeAR, MNORM liked this
 #52705  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:55 am
FU3 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:28 am
Coach K recruited the best players he could get to come to Duke. Those players made the (in most cases) smart decision to leave early to go to the NBA to make millions of dollars. The NCAA is a broken organization and needs either wholesale structural change or to be replaced by a new organization. I am glad that he is calling out the rot in the NCAA and I hope some of his ideas are utilized to make the structural changes needed.
Semi Pro team, does not help the situation
Also never play road games, coach K is the master of taking advantage of the situation and full of BS
Ill listen to some coaches on the matter, I don't want to hear anything out of his rotten mouth though

Recent Topics

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Default Avatar Other teams on schedule - upcoming scouting

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.