affirm wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:34 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:04 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:57 pm
I wonder if SC will back out since they could potentially have to play FU. If they do play I hope CBR is on our bench and not theirs.
After a winning record and a .500 finish in the SEC, talk down here is that Martin is staying put. Clemson’s strong finish makes me think Brownell is safe too. Good news for us on both fronts.
Tom Crean is STRONGLY rumored to be OUT @ Georgia. Athens ain’t much further down the road than Clemson and closer to GVL than COLA. Rumors say Search Committee already a-huntin’
I don’t see why that coach would not be out. There seems to be the implication that UGA might hire CBR. I will not be surprised if UGA hires CBR, but I am also unaware of any information about who else they might have their eyes on besides CBR. It seems obvious to me that CBR would immediately accept a UGA offer. I would be sad to see him go. In any case, I doubt we’ll be able to keep him much longer. One week? One year? I surely hope we are prepared, willing, and able to secure the best successor we can, NOW and whenever that time arrives that we lose him. Sad whenever we lose him, and even sadder if it will be before our team gets taken to even one NCAA Tournament by him.
Georgia off the table. Florida coach moving from Gators to Dawgs.
apaladin, Affirm liked this
 #51803  by furpop16
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:15 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:48 pm
This is awesome!!!
Thank goodness for this good news today

This announcement continues to pay dividends. With the abrupt end to 2021-22, this not only gives us something to look forward to in general, but in particular it gives something tangible for Slawson & Bothwell to consider in making their decisions.
 #51805  by Affirm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:20 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:28 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:34 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:04 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:57 pm
I wonder if SC will back out since they could potentially have to play FU. If they do play I hope CBR is on our bench and not theirs.
After a winning record and a .500 finish in the SEC, talk down here is that Martin is staying put. Clemson’s strong finish makes me think Brownell is safe too. Good news for us on both fronts.
Tom Crean is STRONGLY rumored to be OUT @ Georgia. Athens ain’t much further down the road than Clemson and closer to GVL than COLA. Rumors say Search Committee already a-huntin’
I don’t see why that coach would not be out. There seems to be the implication that UGA might hire CBR. I will not be surprised if UGA hires CBR, but I am also unaware of any information about who else they might have their eyes on besides CBR. It seems obvious to me that CBR would immediately accept a UGA offer. I would be sad to see him go. In any case, I doubt we’ll be able to keep him much longer. One week? One year? I surely hope we are prepared, willing, and able to secure the best successor we can, NOW and whenever that time arrives that we lose him. Sad whenever we lose him, and even sadder if it will be before our team gets taken to even one NCAA Tournament by him.
Georgia off the table. Florida coach moving from Gators to Dawgs.

So now we have to fend off Florida and UofSC and LSU? I hope we can keep our coach. Obviously. And Not only for next year but also the year after that.
bj93 liked this
 #51812  by Furmanoid
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:19 pm
I just can’t imagine some SEC program defending a CBR hire to their fans. They would immediately want to know how well we’ve done in NCAA and NIT tournaments. They would also be shocked at our conference championship tally. Do you doubt that? CBR isn’t going anywhere.
FU69 liked this
 #51815  by Affirm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:30 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:19 pm
I just can’t imagine some SEC program defending a CBR hire to their fans. They would immediately want to know how well we’ve done in NCAA and NIT tournaments. They would also be shocked at our conference championship tally. Do you doubt that? CBR isn’t going anywhere.
All I can say is I hope you are correct.
 #52149  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:47 pm
Let's hope CBR is beating the socks off USC in Charleston next year!
dornb liked this
 #54397  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:25 pm
This may be our only chance to play a power 5 this season.
Yep, they all scared to play us indeed

Depending on our first game matchup in Charleston, could have the opportunity to knock off Big Ten, SEC and ACC down there