• Coach Richey

#51939  by Roundball
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:50 pm
Being a Furman fan is certainly not for the faint of heart. In a period of just a week, we have gone from a half second away from being in the Big Dance to being shut out of postseason play while we worry about losing our head coach. The agony of defeat continues a week later.
dornb, Affirm liked this
 #51940  by purplehorse
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:43 pm
My dream is some day a coach will come to Furman with a resolve to put Furman on the basketball map and stay here forever without chasing money and greener pastures. I know it probably won’t happen as the whole business in all sports is about moving up.

I will always pull for CBR wherever he is. The only way I can see anyone ever doing better than him at Furman is if somehow they could recruit better. Once a player is signed , he is second to none IMHO.
 #51941  by Sad Din
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:46 pm
But why would he go?

10x his current salary
16k seat arena
Much lower admissions stds
SEC - you sneeze and get a NCAA bid
Big ticket donors
Next year is probably Dins rebuilding year
All his buds getting jobs... MIller, Young, Forbes etc
And last of all... Gurley texted him.. "Hey its nice over here"

But other than that.. Dins have a much nicer campus
 #51943  by Roundball
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:53 pm
S. Carolina is the armpit of athletics because of politics. I would be much more concerned if it was Clemson. I want what is best for Coach Richey. He can and will do better than the Gamecocks.
 #51945  by fu77fan
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:49 pm
I think there are multiple candidates with ties to USC as well as multiple candidates who have had more success getting to the NCAA tournament, whether that be as a head coach or an assistant coach.

I think CBR’s greatest quality is that he is a great person and is truly interested in “developing the man”. I do not think his greatest quality corresponds to what USC is searching for.

I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if he were offered the job at USC.
Furmanoid, furpop16, tim liked this
 #51946  by Furmanoid
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:53 pm
Sad Din wrote:
But why would he go?

10x his current salary
16k seat arena
Big ticket donors

You are wrong about #3. Carolina admits far more students with stds.
FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #51947  by Furmanoid
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:00 pm
fu77fan wrote:
I think there are multiple candidates with ties to USC as well as multiple candidates who have had more success getting to the NCAA tournament, whether that be as a head coach or an assistant coach.

I think CBR’s greatest quality is that he is a great person and is truly interested in “developing the man”. I do not think his greatest quality corresponds to what USC is searching for.

Exactly! He just isn’t a fit for Carolina. I can’t imagine them suddenly doing something smart.

By the way, if people do really read this UFFP we need to stop saying anything positive about CBR. In fact a horrible rumor might really help us out.
tim liked this
 #51948  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:05 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
fu77fan wrote:

Exactly! He just isn’t a fit for Carolina. I can’t imagine them suddenly doing something smart.

By the way, if people do really read this UFFP we need to stop saying anything positive about CBR. In fact a horrible rumor might really help us out.
How foolish it would be for them to hire him, and we all know they always make great hiring decisions.
 #51961  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:21 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:53 pm
Sad Din wrote:
But why would he go?

10x his current salary
16k seat arena
Big ticket donors

You are wrong about #3. Carolina admits far more students with stds.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #51974  by FUBeAR
 Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:36 am
Furmanoid wrote:
fu77fan wrote:

This just in….

Furman’s Head Basketball Coach has been using the Americanized version of his real name - Роберт Ричей.

He is actually a Russian oligarch and the snubs of Furman by the NCAA & NIT came as a result of secret US Government sanctions against him. These sanctions are expected to be expanded in the near future and relentlessly enforced on the court by all NCAA Officials (code named zebras).

FUBeAR will add this info to his Wikipedia page forthwith.
Furmanoid, furpop16 liked this
 #51977  by Furmanoid
 Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:23 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
fu77fan wrote:

This just in….

Furman’s Head Basketball Coach has been using the Americanized version of his real name - Роберт Ричей.

He is actually a Russian oligarch and the snubs of Furman by the NCAA & NIT came as a result of secret US Government sanctions against him. These sanctions are expected to be expanded in the near future and relentlessly enforced on the court by all NCAA Officials (code named zebras).

Good start! Betcha he’s got a commie flag hangin up on the wall of his garage. Or maybe even a Clemson flag. Please USC, take this guy off our hands! Please don’t throw him back into our briar patch!
 #51984  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:20 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:23 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
fu77fan wrote:

This just in….

Good start! Betcha he’s got a commie flag hangin up on the wall of his garage. Or maybe even a Clemson flag. Please USC, take this guy off our hands! Please don’t throw him back into our briar patch!
… constantly insulted and infuriated politicians, major donors, faculty, administrators, students who come from New Jersey and Maryland and various other “northern” places, the football program, the women’s basketball program, the military and veterans, the politically correct, the politically incorrect, the woke, the non-woke, the word “woke”. … won’t mention grades and lifestyle at North Greenville University … nor derogatory comments about the climate in Columbia.
Last edited by Affirm on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.