#51413  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:51 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:06 am
affirm wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:55 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:48 pm
Saturday November 19 is the date of our last regular season football game, Wofford at home.
Works out perfect, no basketball on Saturday.
Attending the football game at Furman AND all the basketball games in Charleston is possible for any who consider themselves road warriors.
Greenville people would travel a cumulative total of about 760 miles, in other words equal to what they would travel round trip for just one away basketball or just one away football game that would be 380 miles away. Same for Charlotte people.
Charleston people would travel a cumulative total of of about 380 miles, in other words equal to just one bb or just one fb game that would be 190 miles away,
Columbia people, cumulative about 660 miles, equal to just one bb or just one fb game 330 miles away.
Raleigh and Atlanta people, about 875 to 925 cumulative total miles traveled, so equaling one away game about 450 miles distant.
Traveling 190, 330, 380, 450 miles one way - yes, all are distances, but the Wofford game is potentially very important, AND that Charleston Classic will provide potential opportunities to see Furman play (in one venue and one concise time frame) the types of OOC opponents that we so wish that Furman’s OOC basketball schedule would include more regularly.
There should be adequate time to travel Charleston to Greenville and back to Charleston to attend the football game AND not miss any of the basketball games.
Maybe the above information would encourage more people to plan to attend both events that Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Keep in mind, though, that the next weekend, we hope to have an FCS playoff game (or a bye), and “who knows” where that would be.
So be thinking about your plans for 8 months into the future - AFTER you finish planning for this basketball season’s remaining games, as many of those as we can progress to!
apaladin, QCGlue liked this
 #51414  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:57 pm
I wonder if SC will back out since they could potentially have to play FU. If they do play I hope CBR is on our bench and not theirs.
FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #51420  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:35 pm
apaladin wrote:
I wonder if SC will back out since they could potentially have to play FU. If they do play I hope CBR is on our bench and not theirs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 #51426  by MidlandsPaladin
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
After a winning record and a .500 finish in the SEC, talk down here is that Martin is staying put. Clemson’s strong finish makes me think Brownell is safe too. Good news for us on both fronts.
Paul C, dornb, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #51430  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:27 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
After a winning record and a .500 finish in the SEC, talk down here is that Martin is staying put. Clemson’s strong finish makes me think Brownell is safe too. Good news for us on both fronts.
Let's hope so!
 #51434  by FUBeAR
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:04 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Tom Crean is STRONGLY rumored to be OUT @ Georgia. Athens ain’t much further down the road than Clemson and closer to GVL than COLA. Rumors say Search Committee already a-huntin’
 #51446  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:34 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:04 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Tom Crean is STRONGLY rumored to be OUT @ Georgia. Athens ain’t much further down the road than Clemson and closer to GVL than COLA. Rumors say Search Committee already a-huntin’
I don’t see why that coach would not be out. There seems to be the implication that UGA might hire CBR. I will not be surprised if UGA hires CBR, but I am also unaware of any information about who else they might have their eyes on besides CBR. It seems obvious to me that CBR would immediately accept a UGA offer. I would be sad to see him go. In any case, I doubt we’ll be able to keep him much longer. One week? One year? I surely hope we are prepared, willing, and able to secure the best successor we can, NOW and whenever that time arrives that we lose him. Sad whenever we lose him, and even sadder if it will be before our team gets taken to even one NCAA Tournament by him.
FU69 liked this
 #51448  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:27 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Clempson’s strong finish? They were 5-7 their last 12 games. Their 5 wins were aganst 2 decent teams and 3 really bad ones and they just lost in the tourney to one of the teams they just beat, but I hope you are right.
 #51450  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:21 pm
Now I am wondering if this is what JD’s postgame tweet was referring to instead of continuing the season?
 #51453  by MidlandsPaladin
 Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:09 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:27 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Clempson’s strong finish? They were 5-7 their last 12 games. Their 5 wins were aganst 2 decent teams and 3 really bad ones and they just lost in the tourney to one of the teams they just beat, but I hope you are right.
I see what you did there. Until last night, after my post, they had won five in a row. And if not for a missed free throw in the waining seconds and a buzzer beater that swished through, you wouldn’t have even posted that.
 #51454  by Fuonetime
 Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:28 am
If GG Jackson the nation’s top bb prospect signs with Carolina and they are in his top 6 favorites, Martin will be there as HC for awhile. GG is taking his time deciding and i’m sure USC officials don’t want to rock the HC coaching boat if they could land a superstar. Probably wont be USC but the it keeps HC job on ice. Besides CBR has unfinished business at FU. Go Dins!
apaladin liked this
 #51460  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:56 am
Fuonetime wrote:
If GG Jackson the nation’s top bb prospect signs with Carolina and they are in his top 6 favorites, Martin will be there as HC for awhile. GG is taking his time deciding and i’m sure USC officials don’t want to rock the HC coaching boat if they could land a superstar. Probably wont be USC but the it keeps HC job on ice. Besides CBR has unfinished business at FU. Go Dins!
Yep
Hopefully teams will take are harder look at Lamont Paris this year, gotta figure he's headed somewhere
We need CBR for one more to get this thing cemented, with Bothwell and Slawson in tow as well!
MidlandsPaladin, Davemeister, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #51668  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:21 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Don’t care if it’s the #1 recruit or the #500 recruit, why would anyone want to play for Martin. Even SC fans don’t like him and don’t like his antics.