• Asheville Bound

#51193  by fu77fan
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:07 am
It is critical that Furman have better attendance tonight. We need as many fans as possible to go to Asheville and support the team. It is frankly sad that we are only one hour away, but yet UTC, 3 hours away, will almost certainly have home court advantage. If you think I am kidding about UTC having the equivalent of home court advantage, you will see tonight.
Of course, I am aware that Furman not being in school hurts us. UTC is planning to send a number of buses filled with students.

Asheville bound
Hope to see all Furman fans in Asheville
QCGlue, HammerTKE, Fuonetime and 1 others liked this
 #51194  by Paladin91
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:14 am
fu77fan wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:07 am
It is critical that Furman have better attendance tonight. We need as many fans as possible to go to Asheville and support the team. It is frankly sad that we are only one hour away, but yet UTC, 3 hours away, will almost certainly have home court advantage. If you think I am kidding about UTC having the equivalent of home court advantage, you will see tonight.
Of course, I am aware that Furman not being in school hurts us. UTC is planning to send a number of buses filled with students.

Asheville bound
Hope to see all Furman fans in Asheville
If I could make the 4 hr trip up from ATL I'd be there, but unfortunately work commitments prohibit. No reason that most alumni living within a 1.5 hr radius shouldn't be there.
QCGlue, Fuonetime liked this
 #51204  by HammerTKE
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:46 am
I plan on making the trip up to Asheville with my wife and daughter for the 3rd day in a row! My voice is hoarse and one leg is sore from stomping so hard during our Defense chants yesterday, but those are the sacrifices that you have to make! :D The crowd does make a difference!

I sat in the UTC section yesterday during their game, and they were incredibly loud! I got to talk with a bunch of them and came away with a great deal of respect for them. I'd love to see our crowd match the energy of the UTC fanbase tonight!
furpop16, Fuonetime and 1 others liked this
 #51209  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:32 am
HammerTKE wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:46 am
I plan on making the trip up to Asheville with my wife and daughter for the 3rd day in a row! My voice is hoarse and one leg is sore from stomping so hard during our Defense chants yesterday, but those are the sacrifices that you have to make! :D The crowd does make a difference!

I sat in the UTC section yesterday during their game, and they were incredibly loud! I got to talk with a bunch of them and came away with a great deal of respect for them. I'd love to see our crowd match the energy of the UTC fanbase tonight!
Indeed some good and respectful folks for UTC, a good fan base no doubt
HammerTKE liked this
 #51215  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:06 pm
Storms are moving in. I-26 is stressful enough even on a clear day. Everyone be careful and be safe. See y’all in Asheville. Go Paladins!
 #51263  by Paul C
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:43 pm
I think the last time I saw us win a game in Asheville was 1988 or so.

Some years I go up to watch us in the early round games and we get upset. Other years like this I wait until we advance to go. And we all know how that goes.

PALADIN NATION it is my fault we lost.

I am never going to Asheville again.
 #51269  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:29 am
Paul C wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:43 pm
I think the last time I saw us win a game in Asheville was 1988 or so.

Some years I go up to watch us in the early round games and we get upset. Other years like this I wait until we advance to go. And we all know how that goes.

PALADIN NATION it is my fault we lost.

I am never going to Asheville again.
About the same for me.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.