• Season prediction / Samford

#5075  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 pm
I still stick by my 5-5 prediction. That’s my hope. That would be 5-3 in SoCon

Big question is will we play hard next week w no playoffs to play for? That will be telling. C’mon guys beat Citadel !!! I know you can

Just to heckle for those that tried to convince me we could beat Samford when I doubted ... we were the FIRST team Samford beat on the road. I was told Samford couldn’t win a Road game. I HATE Samford. Please beat them next time.

I hesitated to say this after Wofford bc some peeps only like to hear this after a loss but it’s always true. -

“You aren’t as good as you think you are after a win. You aren’t as bad as you think you are after a loss”

Get healthy guys. Please come ready to beat Citadel !!!
 #5082  by Affirm
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:58 pm
At this point, 2-4, I’ll say this.
45% win chance against Citadel
40% win chance against UTC
60% win chance against VMI
35% win chance against Mercer
Now predicting we’ll be 3-7.
 #5084  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:58 pm
At this point, 2-4, I’ll say this.
45% win chance against Citadel
40% win chance against UTC
60% win chance against VMI
35% win chance against Mercer
Now predicting we’ll be 3-7.
Based on your odds within each game I think that's 4-6

Without knowing QB that's tough but I'll play:

55% to beat Citadel - if we play HARD? We can stop the option. That's our specialty ! Love Grainger potential but if we have Roberts I'll say 65%. Starting lineup the main scary thing is Chucktown. That has been a tough place to win for good Furman teams

60% to beat UTC. It's at home. I'm confident. Wofford ran option on them. We can too

75% to beat VMI. VMI does have decent games like today and early in the year . Let's not be the team they beat.

W Roberts 50% to beat Mercer

So I am saying 2-4 now becomes 5-5
 #5090  by Affirm
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm
Hope you are more correct than I am. I realize we could be 6-4. One game at a time. We could beat Citadel. 45% chance (which I stated) is not terrible odds.
 #5114  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:07 am
Citadel completed 3 passes against VMI yesterday 3-7 37 yds. I like our chances against them with Roberts. Without Roberts it's goes down considerably of course.