• Season prediction / Samford

#5075  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 pm
I still stick by my 5-5 prediction. That’s my hope. That would be 5-3 in SoCon

Big question is will we play hard next week w no playoffs to play for? That will be telling. C’mon guys beat Citadel !!! I know you can

Just to heckle for those that tried to convince me we could beat Samford when I doubted ... we were the FIRST team Samford beat on the road. I was told Samford couldn’t win a Road game. I HATE Samford. Please beat them next time.

I hesitated to say this after Wofford bc some peeps only like to hear this after a loss but it’s always true. -

“You aren’t as good as you think you are after a win. You aren’t as bad as you think you are after a loss”

Get healthy guys. Please come ready to beat Citadel !!!
 #5082  by Affirm
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:58 pm
At this point, 2-4, I’ll say this.
45% win chance against Citadel
40% win chance against UTC
60% win chance against VMI
35% win chance against Mercer
Now predicting we’ll be 3-7.
 #5084  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:58 pm
At this point, 2-4, I’ll say this.
45% win chance against Citadel
40% win chance against UTC
60% win chance against VMI
35% win chance against Mercer
Now predicting we’ll be 3-7.
Based on your odds within each game I think that's 4-6

Without knowing QB that's tough but I'll play:

55% to beat Citadel - if we play HARD? We can stop the option. That's our specialty ! Love Grainger potential but if we have Roberts I'll say 65%. Starting lineup the main scary thing is Chucktown. That has been a tough place to win for good Furman teams

60% to beat UTC. It's at home. I'm confident. Wofford ran option on them. We can too

75% to beat VMI. VMI does have decent games like today and early in the year . Let's not be the team they beat.

W Roberts 50% to beat Mercer

So I am saying 2-4 now becomes 5-5
 #5090  by Affirm
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm
Hope you are more correct than I am. I realize we could be 6-4. One game at a time. We could beat Citadel. 45% chance (which I stated) is not terrible odds.
 #5114  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:07 am
Citadel completed 3 passes against VMI yesterday 3-7 37 yds. I like our chances against them with Roberts. Without Roberts it's goes down considerably of course.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.