• samford game thread

#5069  by gman
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:20 pm
Well, we had the big mo. We have to answer with a long touchdown drive, or a kickoff return for a td.
 #5071  by gman
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:32 pm
gman wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:23 pm
This call will stand. Another fumble.
Wow, didn’t see that one going our way. Huge call for the Paladins.
 #5076  by fufootballfan81
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Our offense is pitiful without HR and why did they leave DG in so long? Other than the TD pass he did nothing other than turn the ball over or lose yardage. Our defense was alright in the beginning but I think Sammy just finally wore them down.

Hope for better next week!
FUPaladins, FUpaladin08 liked this
 #5078  by El Guapo
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:27 pm
Another game that we had control of and could’ve put away. We simply lack the depth to do so at this time. I suspect that will be improve with the maturity of our players; especially at the QB position. Granger played admirably at the first but couldn’t rebound after a couple of costly turnovers. Though this postseason is now officially out of reach we can play spoiler for those who can still make it and beat a few key rivals (Citadel, Mercer). These coaches and players will work hard to make sure that every bit of positivity that can be extracted from this season will be. Go Paladins!
Dinforlife, FU69 liked this
 #5079  by AlValonge
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:58 pm
The loss of Harris was devastating because the only way that we could have won this game was to get in a shoot-out in a high scoring game. We could not match Samford score for score and our defense got tired and played the typical "Generous Cushion Coverage" and their QB hit about 80% of his passes or better. We had no pressure on the QB and he had all day to pick his target. The FU fumble for a TD did change the momentum, but I am not confident that we still would have won the game based on how we never stopped them all day and our propensity to give up leads this year. We will need to regroup and crush the Chucktown Dogs and then things will feel a little better. Go FU!
 #5080  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:11 pm
I don’t understand what the coaches see in Granger that makes them ignore Lincoln. I suppose they brought him into the program so they like something, but Lincoln just looks more comfortable running the option and the bootleg.
Jasper, FUPaladins, MNORM liked this
 #5081  by mathprofhiker
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:53 pm
Rough day today for the Paladins: we got a lot of guys banged up and we took the L. Defensive secondary played probably their best game of the year so far, but we got zero pass rush when we only brought 4. Never could get the momentum back after the fumble returned for a TD when we were ahead 19-10. We should have better match-ups against el cid next week if we can get some guys healthy.

P.S. Don't give up on Grainger. He's got quick feet and a good arm, but he's a true Freshman who has some growing to do.
 #5096  by tya1
 Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:56 pm
Some of you must have been watching a different game. We stopped Samford's offense on six consecutive possessions until we gave them an opening with two straight turnovers.

We have a very young team that appeared to deflate on both offense and defense after giving them an opening. We didn't need to win a shootout, we just needed a couple of ball controlling, time eating drives after we went up by nine.

I hope we gain some maturity through adversity. Still things to aim for this year.
Bootie, din23, fufanatic and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.