• THIS COULD BE GREAT NEWS!!

#50500  by Sad Din
 Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:00 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:53 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:55 pm
On weekly talk show, CBR talked about this. He said that there are in "Talks" with the two players. He confirmed they will not participate in Senior Day activities

He sure sounded like they are at least thinking about coming back. This would be HUGE! They might be competing with each other for POY honors

One little details folks arent saying is the T word. That would be heartbreaking!
What weekly talk show?

Every Thurs around 5 or 6 Marc Ryan from ESPN UPstate 97.7 FM has him on the show for 10 to 15 mins. very informative
MNORM, FU69 liked this
 #50506  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:41 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:00 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:53 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:55 pm
On weekly talk show, CBR talked about this. He said that there are in "Talks" with the two players. He confirmed they will not participate in Senior Day activities

He sure sounded like they are at least thinking about coming back. This would be HUGE! They might be competing with each other for POY honors

One little details folks arent saying is the T word. That would be heartbreaking!
What weekly talk show?

Every Thurs around 5 or 6 Marc Ryan from ESPN UPstate 97.7 FM has him on the show for 10 to 15 mins. very informative
Thanks I did not know that.
 #50564  by purplehorse
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:32 pm
Either Slawson or Bothwell could come back and be the So Con Player of the Year. Seems like a no-brainer to me BUT I know there are many factors involved.

I wish both of them the best. They have both represented Furman well. I love the way Slawson has improved each year-including his dunks.
Last edited by purplehorse on Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
QCGlue, Fuonetime liked this
 #50605  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:45 am
From the postgame show sounds like both could possibly be back-maybe neither 100 % decided-who knows.

I would think one of them coming back would increase the likelihood of the other one coming back.
 #50607  by Roundball
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:08 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:00 pm
Even more reason to hang on to CBR. If he goes anywhere, I predict one or both will follow.
That scenario is scary. But, you would think they would have joined the graduating class on Saturday is that was a possibility.
 #50609  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:16 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:00 pm
Even more reason to hang on to CBR. If he goes anywhere, I predict one or both will follow.
As if its Dins decision... maybe FU could pony up $million salary to entice CBR to stay

OR

Announce Timmons renovation. That might do it
Fuonetime liked this
 #50610  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:17 pm
In the postgame presser CBR indicated they would be back without coming right out and saying it. Of course it could change especially if another school comes and offers a bunch of money.
 #50611  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:26 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:17 pm
In the postgame presser CBR indicated they would be back without coming right out and saying it. Of course it could change especially if another school comes and offers a bunch of money.
yes. SD has also heard him say that if they go a on great run and their stock goes up, they might do something else

Its dang if u do and dang if u dont.

If Dins dont make a run they prob come back. If Dins make a run and they become known they prob wont.

Which one do you prefer?
 #50612  by Fuonetime
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:38 pm
From listening to CBR here are the options for MB and Slaw. 1. Not return and go pro, i.e. Jordan and Clay. Play in Europe and possibly NBA or Development League. 2. Return to FU. 3. Follow the Gurley route and T. Decision will be made by players after deliberations with Coach, family, evaluations of pro potential, etc. I am hoping for option 2. FU would be a great place under CBR to continue their development and pro potential. With those 2 coming back we could be very very good next season. AH has been a fabulous player for us but JP and Joe will be very good replacements. Additionally, the rest of the team, not the grads, will be returning and will continue to improve. Lets keep our fingers crossed and to do all we can support FU BB with our presence and our funding.
 #50613  by Furmanoid
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:16 pm
Even if they come back I don’t see us improving any. But we shouldn’t drop off nearly as much. If they leave, we’ll be really bad for a year or two.
 #50614  by furpop16
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:22 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:16 pm
If they leave, we’ll be really bad for a year or two.

We said that when Croone graduated. Didn’t happen.
We said that when Acox graduated. Didn’t happen.
We said that when JDIII, Fowler, Sibley, & Beans graduated. Didn’t happen.
We said that when Rafferty & Brown graduated. Didn’t happen.
We said that when Lyons graduated. Didn’t happen.
We said that when Mounce & Gurley graduated. Hasn’t happened.

Have faith in the recruiting & development program, go FU !
Last edited by furpop16 on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roundball, Fuonetime, din23 and 6 others liked this
 #50621  by PaladinPower
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:49 pm
You’d think if Furmanoid followed the men’s basketball program close enough, he’d realize that this is a DEVELOPMENTAL program. Think Furmanoid was also the same one who thought there was no way we’d be competitive or score enough points to replace Mounce and Gurley.

Imagine that, our coaches and staff know exactly how to do their job so we still compete at a high level every single year.

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.