• SoCon officiating

#50190  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:10 pm
I think virtually everyone in the league would agree its been really awful this year, seems to be getting worse and worse every year

What can be done by the league moving forward to at least get SoCon officiating back to a competent level??
 #50191  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:11 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
I think virtually everyone in the league would agree its been really awful this year, seems to be getting worse and worse every year

What can be done by the league moving forward to at least get SoCon officiating back to a competent level??
Just a thought but if they pay more they might get better officials,
FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #50192  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:16 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:11 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:

Just a thought but if they pay more they might get better officials,

That's certainly what I was thinking was most likely the problem
 #50195  by Furmanoid
 Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:54 am
Nobody wants to do it anymore. HS guys often look to be around 70. Just one more crisis unlikely to be tackled by the laziest generation.
 #50248  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:30 pm
This year SoCon refs are the worst they have ever been
 #50330  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:37 am
Good for Gurley... In the Socon he would have been called for walking in 1st play and a offensive foul on the oher

#50342  by Affirm
 Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:39 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Nobody wants to do it anymore. HS guys often look to be around 70. Just one more crisis unlikely to be tackled by the laziest generation.
I note that there seem to be numerous posters on UFFP who state what a good conference SoSon is, but even more posters who complain about SoCon officials. No one says we should join a different conference. Guess we just love to complain.
Jasper, din23 liked this
 #50354  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:36 pm
affirm wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
I note that there seem to be numerous posters on UFFP who state what a good conference SoSon is, but even more posters who complain about SoCon officials. No one says we should join a different conference. Guess we just love to complain.
Let me great this straight... u propose Dins changing conferences to get better Bball officiating? Thats like buying a new house becuase you dont like the color of the walls in the rest room
 #50377  by Affirm
 Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:07 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:36 pm
affirm wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Let me great this straight... u propose Dins changing conferences to get better Bball officiating? Thats like buying a new house becuase you dont like the color of the walls in the rest room
Well. But when you don’t like the color of your bathroom walls and all you do about changing that is NOTHING except complaining about it year after year, even though it frequently harms your enjoyment of your whole “new” house, then you’d best quit complaining.
 #50383  by Davemeister
 Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:31 am
Fans in all other conferences complain about the officiating as much as we do. It's part of Sports.
 #50394  by tya1
 Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:11 pm
I have thought all season that the officials have been allowing much more physical play than formerly. In general that isn't a terrible thing as long as they are consistent and call the really rough stuff. It doesn't really favor a team playing smaller lineups though.
underjack liked this
 #50396  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:39 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:31 am
Fans in all other conferences complain about the officiating as much as we do. It's part of Sports.
OK. In the context of that, I will discount all future officiating complaints on the UFFP.
underjack liked this
 #50463  by FurmAlum
 Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:06 pm
It is not just the SoCon. Jay Bilas penned an OpEd today severely criticizing the officiating in college basketball. He said they are letting players get away with overly physical play and that foul calls are at an all time low.

This does not benefit a free flowing good shooting team like Furman. We are getting mugged and they are not being called and that is affecting our shooting.
 #50464  by Flagman
 Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:32 pm
I've only seen a couple of officials I've recognized. Most of these guys look very young and may likely be rookie referees. Their performances make me think they just graduated from church leagues, or youth ball.
underjack liked this
 #50466  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:51 pm
Did anyone watch the Clemson vs. FSU game, with 46 fouls called? It was pathetic. Then there was the Colorado State vs Boise State game. Those refs were terrible, especially the older one. I am still trying to figure out that out of bounds call with less than 5 seconds remaining in the game. My point is, the refs are bad in every league, not just the SoCon. While I am at it, I attempted to watch a few ACC games. Not only are the refs terrible, the teams are not very good either. Unwatchable basketball.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.