• Home Court Advantage

#50169  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:11 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 am
Hope not!
Oh? I thought they had already succeeded. (In proving DT [Downtown Greenville?] as a college basketball environment?). Or did I miss something?
 #50170  by FUpaladin08
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:49 pm
Yes they have shown basketball games can be played at The Well but I don’t think they have a college basketball environment DT. Getting some recent tournaments there is good but I would think they want a P5 tournament (preseason or postseason) in Greenville every year. Furman wants to play P5 teams every year at The Well and Greenville wants P5 teams knocking down the door to play in Greenville. There’s work to be done still and it’s mutually beneficial to both parties while they work towards Greenville being a destination for CBB.
 #50171  by cavedweller2
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:38 pm
The logical event would be a Furman, Wofford, Clemson, USC doubleheader. Like the old North/South. Or an event with all SC teams. Add USC Upstate, Winthrop, Coastal and College of Charleston. Wont happen because Clemson and USC would refuse.
FU69 liked this
 #50173  by FUpaladin08
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:26 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:38 pm
The logical event would be a Furman, Wofford, Clemson, USC doubleheader. Like the old North/South. Or an event with all SC teams. Add USC Upstate, Winthrop, Coastal and College of Charleston. Wont happen because Clemson and USC would refuse.
Then the next logical thing would be to include NC or GA schools if Clem/USC won’t attend. They would eventually want in if something like that was played in their backyard. If not, then they can go lose in some other tournament and incur more travel costs with less fans.
 #50174  by Fuonetime
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:53 pm
Couple of potentials could be Davidson and Elon! Maybe start small with a 4 team field with Wofford and FU as hosts. USC Upstate and Winthrop are close enough to bring some fans!
 #50176  by FUpaladin08
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:17 pm
Lol I guess I’m thinking of something more like what comes to Fluor Field every year not the current cast of characters coming to The Well to play Furman.
 #50178  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:11 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:17 pm
Lol I guess I’m thinking of something more like what comes to Fluor Field every year not the current cast of characters coming to The Well to play Furman.
You mean when Furman had a baseball team.
 #50182  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:07 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:53 pm
Couple of potentials could be Davidson and Elon! Maybe start small with a 4 team field with Wofford and FU as hosts. USC Upstate and Winthrop are close enough to bring some fans!
Why not suggest CofC or App State instead of Elon? Are the Cougars and Mountaineers in too high demand for us to attract to such a tournament? Yes, we should be playing Davidson.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.