• UNCG @ Furman Feb. 5th (12pm Bon Secours Wellness Arena)

#49896  by din23
 Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:23 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:45 pm
Listening by radio. We sound like we are atrocious with shooting outside and that our defense is just ok. Do we have no inside postgame that can give us more high percentage shots?
They’re bigger than us so the outside shots have been there more than the paint. We’ve just missed so many open looks.
 #49899  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:02 pm
Just terrible execution the last minute. Let them score the last 3 points from the free throw after we had the rebound and bad execution on the offensive end, wrong person took the last 2 shots. Can’t expect to play only the last 6 mins and expect to wiin,
 #49904  by FU3
 Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:14 pm
Missed about 3 games worth of open 3s but still was almost able to pull it out. Disappointing loss but there is absolutely no quit in this group. Officiating was atrocious, just be consistent and call what you see.Don’t know quite what we were trying to do in the last possession but I have a hard time believing that was the last shot CBR had drawn up.
 #49905  by FurmAlum
 Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:17 pm
Gosh that was frustrating to watch. How many times did we throw the ball right to them? After getting that rebound at the end too!

Bottom line is we just missed too many open shots. I liked the fight the last 8 minutes and we should have won.

I thought the refs supposedly favored the home team?
 #49907  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:23 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:17 pm
Gosh that was frustrating to watch. How many times did we throw the ball right to them? After getting that rebound at the end too!

Bottom line is we just missed too many open shots. I liked the fight the last 8 minutes and we should have won.

I thought the refs supposedly favored the home team?
they were letting them hack each other underneath but a little reach in 60 ft away from basket was called a foul
 #49908  by purplehorse
 Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:30 pm
We were so bad for so long today. Never played well but fought back. I think on the last play Hunter should have shot a 3.

It is amazing we got ahead 57-56 on Hien’s 3 with our overall shooting.
Slawson and Foster 3 baskets each, Garrison 1, Alex 2 won’t win many games.

Unfortunately we got the key rebound with 30 seconds left and had the lead but being tentative costs us. Good effort on the comeback.

I know most will disagree (no problem) but we have a greater home court advantage at Timmons IMHO.
 #49909  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:31 pm
With a one point lead you just cannot get a defensive rebound and have them take it away and then turn around and foul to let them win the game shooting free throws. You have to make them make a shot. Didn’t deserve to win but had it won and gave it away. Just hate to lay a HUGE egg when everything was going our way, great crowd, momentum, rankings etc. This game prolly cost us a good chance at the regular season. We no longer control our own fate. We will take a huge tumble in the all the rankings. Really missed MB at the end.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.